LaunchBox Community Forums

GLupeN64 and High Res Textures

Lordmonkus

There is not a lot of info out there to convert the packs to hpc but yes what was previously said that you must use the glupen plugin which does not come standard with P64. I also had to patch my version of P64 so it would read and convert the much bigger Mario 64 hi res texture pack but I was using the newest version of P64. An older version you might not have to patch. The Mario 64 pack is huge so it will take an extra few seconds to load up your game as well.

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is a little old, but it's the best one I could find on the internet explaining anything.

I can't seem to get RetroArch to load the textures. 

I have followed the setup, even got PJ64 to create the .htc files (and tried the .htc ones from the post for MM and OOT)

I am on RetroArch version 1.6.7 using the Mupen64Plus OpenGL 2.5 d1451bb core that I downloaded form the "online updater" thing in RA.

I changed the core settings in the file "retroarch\retroarch-core-options.cfg" where i found the options:

mupen64plus-txHiresEnable = "true"
mupen64plus-txHiresFullAlphaChannel = "true"

I have the htc file in "RetroArch\system\Mupen64plus\cache\FILE FROM PJ64_HIRESTEXTURES.htc"

What on earth am I missing here. Did they add support for this, then immediately take it away less than a year later?

It still works and works the way I described in the first post only replacing references to GLupeN64 with Mupen64plus, beyond that I really don't know what to tell you. If you have the 2 settings enabled and your texture pack .htc file is named correctly and in the \system\Mupen64plus\cache\ folder it should work.

• 1 month later...

i am able to create the .htc file using PJ64 1.6 and gliden64 2.0 however it does not work in retroarch,  but yet the zelda ones that i got already in .htc from the link above do work so i know im placing them in the correct place in retroarch. any suggestions?

links

PJ64 1.6  https://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_64_Emulators/Windows/Project_64/83

gliden64 2.0 https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/releases

supermario 64 .htc i created link removed

Thanks for the .htc
I can't seem to get it working.

I'm running 1.6.7 Mupen64Plus in retroarch but can't get it to work. 

I did notice that your .htc file was considerably smaller than the one displayed in the image of the OP's post.

On 5/22/2017 at 11:31 AM, orac31 said:

Well using an old ver of project 64 and reading your post used the Gliden64 not the glide64 I have got the Mario pack converted

thanks all

thats probably because he has the Hypatia’s Mario Craft 64 Texture Pack 2016, which is much much bigger, i made an .htc of that one also but it didnt work either. the one linked is Nintemod Super Mario 64 Retextured. ill add the mario craft one to the folder and add the name of the mods to the beginning like the zelda one, of course they still dont work for some reason.

• 4 months later...
On 11/26/2017 at 2:01 PM, samiam said:

here is everything you need to convert the textures yourself.  follow the readme.txt.

n64_HD_texture_Converter_to_.htc_for_retroarch.zip

Sadly this doesn't work for me. For Goldeneye pack it creates a dat file and for Road Rash it doesn't create anything in the cache folder :/ Can someone convert these for me?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I am new to this forum but not to emulation, can someone here could help me to load Hi Res textures packs on the Mupen64Plus libretro core for the PC, I did the following:

1) Read and followed the guide to the letter that LordMonkus posted on the first page

2) Downloaded the *.htc packs that samian posted here after renaming it to the internal rom name (i.e. nintendmod_-_SUPER_MARIO_64_HIRESTEXTURES.htc to SUPER_MARIO_64_HIRESTEXTURES.htc and put it on the Retroarch\system\Mupen64Plus\cache folder to no avail

3) Checked that "Use High Res Textures=True" and "Use High Res Full Alpha Channels=True" are correctly enabled on the core options

All tested in RetroArch 1.7.2 with Mupen64Plus OpenGL 2.5 on Windows 7, also the texture packs work no problem under standalone Mupen64Plus and Project 64 2.3 with GlideN64 plugin, if anyone is interested I can compile the libretro core so code changes are no problem, in fact I added a Vi_Refresh option like the one Project64 has to allow the user to change it from the default value of 1500, it uses is for overclocking the N64 by allowing more cycles per scanline, thanks for any help…