LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox

On 6/29/2017 at 2:16 AM, FoxyMonty said:

@CoinTos

Just tested, everything is working as expected, thanks a lot!

i just want to say excelent work . the add on works perfect. but after i downloaded the files and artwork, somehow (i dont know if it was through this) i also downloaded trailers for the movies (only 3 of all of my collection) and wanted to ask if this was through this add on or through something else that i did. just dont want to go adding trailer clips to all of my movies when there's a way to just download them like emumovie does to games.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kodi-freaks, check this reference, it has all the popular working Kodi Addon for watching TV, movies, sports, anime, music and more. I found some of the best Kodi addons here: https://www.reviewsdir.com/best-kodi-add-ons/. Need feedback for them

Edited by Kenneth_Williams
Removed link with instructions to install pirate add ons in KODI.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I’m just setting up an htpc and looking to use Kodi as the front end so was excited to see there was this add on to launch big box. I installed from the zip but after I set the location of launchbox I get this error when I try to run the add on in kodi:

script not found:

c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.ahk

The weird thing is that if I go to that directory it is indeed there. I have copied fresh versions there but still no go. Any ideas?

i’m on Windows 10 and running Kodi 17.6

Thanks! :)

SOLVED

Just an update to say I was running the ms store install version of Kodi. Once I deleted that and installed the version from the kodi site, all was well

Edited by cavekidnz
Solved issue

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I installed this and it works great, however upon returning to Kodi I have no sound in Kodi. Launchbox has sound, my Windows Desktop has sound, but Kodi nothing.

EDIT: Disregard it's a bug in Kodi....and a nasty one at that.

Basically if you return from Launchbox and attempt to navigate Kodi's UI with either a 360 or Xbone controller there is no sound. You use your keyboard and there is sound.

Any ideas?

Edited by Trnzaddict

On 7/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, Trnzaddict said:

Hi, I installed this and it works great, however upon returning to Kodi I have no sound in Kodi. Launchbox has sound, my Windows Desktop has sound, but Kodi nothing.

EDIT: Disregard it's a bug in Kodi....and a nasty one at that.

Basically if you return from Launchbox and attempt to navigate Kodi's UI with either a 360 or Xbone controller there is no sound. You use your keyboard and there is sound.

Any ideas?

Windows 10? Did you try to disable the game bar? https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to-disable-windows-10s-game-dvr-and-game-bar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I figured out that I have to purchase a license so I did and added it to the folder but still don't see anything. I tried to fill out the contact form, but it won't let me press horrible captcha thing to send my copy of my license for issues.  How long does it take for a license to show up? Does Bigbox come with purchase, or do I have to go finding that .exe also?   I can't find any videos whatsoever trying Google or the tutorials about how to setup Launchbox or Bigbox with .exe.  Everything is too current there for simply setting it up. They are basically classified, and  nobody responded in the forum yet. Thanks for your assistance.

Sorry for the questions but what is it you are trying to do here its not really clear. Since I see you are mostly interested in using this through Kodi let me ask a stupid question are you doing this all on a Windows system LB requires Windows. If you do have a Windows computer it should be really easy to set up you just run the setup program and it will install to a folder on your computer the folder will include the BigBox.exe. Your license file should have been emailed to you when you purchased it. If you have not received it you should send an emial to support@unbrokensoftware.com and explain your situation.

I was trying to install the Launchbox and Bigbox if Bigbox is included app in Kodi. It is confusing because nothing is on Google or YouTube. It keeps asking me where the.exe file is, but nothing shows up besides folders. How do you find the .exe for Launchbox and Bigbox if it’s included? Appreciate the help.

Keith