Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

Kodi addon for LaunchBox 1.5.2 released!

CHANGES in 1.5.2:
- Completed voluntary project audit and fixed all possible license issues, all code is GPLv2 unless otherwise stated in README.txt and/or actual file.
- Removed all deprecated code and moved to string.po for langauge file.
- New fanart thanks to Rincewind.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.

RELEASE NOTICE:
Recently, I was notified that some person or persons over the course of the last 2 weeks had anonymously and without providing reason reported this download's file posting. Due to this, I have voluntarily gone through and audited all files/images/license(s) and contacted those involved. All possible issues have been corrected and all code is GPLv2 as nothing was actually MIT licensed so the LICENSE.txt has been corrected. Finally, thanks to Rincewind, the fanart included now not only looks better but has proper permission obtained for its inclusion in this Kodi addon.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is a niche situation, but right now I'm using two installs of Big Box for different things. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to go through and adjust some things so that I can have two instances of the add-on within Kodi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kriven said:

I know this is a niche situation, but right now I'm using two installs of Big Box for different things. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to go through and adjust some things so that I can have two instances of the add-on within Kodi?

So I am swamped with work till next weekend but I will look into multi instance support when I get some free time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much, man. I tried to do it myself but I must have screwed something up because I keep getting "BigBox.exe does not exist" in my second instance. In the meanwhile I've tricked Steam Launcher into doing the task (though doing it this way doesn't close Kodi), so take your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2017 at 9:10 AM, CoinTos said:

 

Peace,

A little assistance please. This addon worked fine with Kodi previously.

1. Now upon exit, I can see the desktop for a second or two before it returns to Kodi. 

2. After closing bigbox, movies play without sound. The osd auto-hides and returns non stop. I have to exit Kodi to watch movies again.  Bigbox is always running in the task manager. Even after closing, not sure if that's normal behavior.

I am running windows 10 fall creators update, i5 3750k, Evga 1050ti. 16gb ram.  If that helps.

Edited by Teedo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Teedo said:

Peace,

A little assistance please. This addon worked fine with Kodi previously.

1. Now upon exit, I can see the desktop for a second or two before it returns to Kodi. 

2. After closing bigbox, movies play without sound. The osd auto-hides and returns non stop. I have to exit Kodi to watch movies again.  Bigbox is always running in the task manager. Even after closing, not sure if that's normal behavior.

I am running windows 10 fall creators update, i5 3750k, Evga 1050ti. 16gb ram.  If that helps.

Interesting, well I am gonna need a copy of logs to debug with. The first one is the Kodi log while debug is running and the second is the log my ahk script would have created. The AHK log is called LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.log it will be located either in your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\ folder or the save location folder set in the addon's settings if using the windows store version.

You can PM me the links if you don't wish to post them directly to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Teedo said:

Peace,

I have sent the logs to your PM.  Thanks for taking time to look over. Greatly appreciated.

Can you please update to the latest version as you are currently running 1.4.1 according to the debug log and there has been a lot of changes since that version. If it still happens can you please send me another log and include the AHK log that newest version creates. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the new version when this all started.  I went back after uninstalling the new version.  I was unable and to see the Bigbox.exe file after reinstall of the new version. Also the pause Kodi option was missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Teedo said:

I was on the new version when this all started.  I went back after uninstalling the new version.  I was unable and to see the Bigbox.exe file after reinstall of the new version. Also the pause Kodi option was missing.

In 1.5.0 and above, you just need to set your LaunchBox base directory (ie, A:\Launchbox\), it will not show the BigBox.exe as Kodi is selecting a folder now not a exe. This was noted in the release notes due to Kodi release rules (no binaries rule) and helped by LaunchBox's GPL conformance requirement by including autohotkey.exe instead of direct compiling AHK in LaunchBox itself. It is also stated in the configuration instructions on the download page. So I am hoping that will fix your issue if not please submit the logs and I will look into it. Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

In 1.5.0 and above, you just need to set your LaunchBox base directory (ie, A:\Launchbox\), it will not show the BigBox.exe as Kodi is selecting a folder now not a exe. This was noted in the release notes due to Kodi release rules (no binaries rule) and helped by LaunchBox's GPL conformance requirement by including autohotkey.exe instead of direct compiling AHK in LaunchBox itself. It is also stated in the configuration instructions on the download page. So I am hoping that will fix your issue if not please submit the logs and I will look into it. Thanks,

Reinstalled the latest.  Now Kodi restarts completely from initial screen after shutting down Bigbox.  I am also able to see desktop or if another window is minimized before restarting. This is the reason for the return to 1.4.

I believe the osd problem is with the 360 controller.  I shut it off and the osd went back to normal.  The sound is muted still.

Thanks for the assistance, submitting new logs now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Teedo said:

Reinstalled the latest.  Now Kodi restarts completely from initial screen after shutting down Bigbox.  I am also able to see desktop or if another window is minimized before restarting. This is the reason for the return to 1.4.

I believe the osd problem is with the 360 controller.  I shut it off and the osd went back to normal.  The sound is muted still.

Thanks for the assistance, submitting new logs now.

OK, so under the addon's Settings you can change if you want Kodi exited or minimized. Right now Kodi is being closed and restarted, due to this your log that you submitted is not the log that launched it and doesn't contain the info I need. In your Kodi ( C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ folder, unless you use portable mode) is the Kodi.old.log, that would be the one that had the info I need. If you could submit file's text or change the settings so that it will be minimized instead of close and that log once submitted would contain the required info I need to figure out the sound issue. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have installed the add-on without issue and configured it correctly. It takes me to launchbox, not Big Box. Is this expected or am I missing a step?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2017 at 9:54 AM, Strubdog said:

I have installed the add-on without issue and configured it correctly. It takes me to launchbox, not Big Box. Is this expected or am I missing a step?

Hey @Strubdog, sorry for the late response, been crazy busy. The step that it sounds like you are missing is your License.xml license in your root LaunchBox folder. In order for this Kodi addon to be useful, you need the premium version of LaunchBox, LaunchBox will then allow you to launch BigBox.

I am looking into adding support for LaunchBox free version which would allow Launchbox to be used instead of BigBox but you lose the 10ft experience and interactive flash that BigBox gives you. I plan to release a quick bug fix for an issue that was pointed out, then complete the multi-LaunchBox support and that time I will add support for those that don't wish to buy LaunchBox Premium by allowing the use LaunchBox instead of requiring BigBox.

Edited by CoinTos
Correction: meant License.xml not LaunchBox.xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodi addon for LaunchBox 1.5.3 released!

CHANGES in 1.5.3:
- Added a License.xml exists check and alert user if it is missing as this script currently requires LaunchBox Premium.
- Added a check to see if LaunchBox.exe is currently open and tries to gracefully close it.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.

RELEASE NOTICE:
This release is a bug fix for a couple of reported issues with the addon's Autohotkey script.

IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Multiple LaunchBox directories support, thus allowing the user to pick from a list of LaunchBoxes they have added and setup for different purposes.
- License.xml not required support, using LaunchBox (Free or Premium) in full screen LaunchBox mode instead of forcing the use of BigBox mode only.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys.

I am using this addon in Kodi 17.6 on windows 10 64bit.

I am facing the following issue. When I run a game from the big box as a kodi addon the game runs on 10fps.

If I exit kodi and execute the game inside the bigbox the game runs on 60fps.

In order for the game to  run smoothly  I need to change kodi to windows and minimize it. Then, if I repeat the procedure again and run the game using bigbox inside kodi the game runs on 60gps.

So, in order for the game to run smoothly I need to run the game ouside kodi or to run it inside kodi but with kodi ran as windows and minimized.

 

Any help will be really appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would appreciate if you can also list some  list for LaunchBox too. 

Edited by DOS76
removed link to downloads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...