LaunchBox Community Forums

BigForce Theme

Grila

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

@Grila first of i LOVE this theme hands down the best theme made in my book:P.

i was wondering if you are planning on working on it again? maybe taking a few request.

a few Small things. a optional edit maybe?. could it be possible to change the cover flow focus point currently the game that is in focus "picked " is to the left but the next game is around the middle this i find really confusing :) .

secondly performance seems to be much worse then the most heavy themes like Critical.  this freezes up on me much more frequently.

Edited by ALIE

2 hours ago, ALIE said:

i was wondering if you are planning on working on it again? maybe taking a few request.

Wasn't really planning on it but it may happen. I won't make any promises though as I have a few projects that are mid-development right now and I just haven't had the desire to work on them lately.

2 hours ago, ALIE said:

a few Small things. a optional edit maybe?. could it be possible to change the cover flow focus point currently the game that is in focus "picked " is to the left but the next game is around the middle this i find really confusing :) .

Unfortunately it would make the theme resolution dependent, much like my Switch theme. In order for the focused item on the wheel to NOT be in the center you have to make the wheel wider than the screen. Then to place the selected item at the right position, you have to set a margin on the wheel which really screws things up (more than normal) when people don't run it at it's intended resolution. Then they bitch to me, I have to fix, blah blah blah. It is weird and not how I wanted it, but I had to settle with what I have implemented.

2 hours ago, ALIE said:

secondly performance seems to be much worse then the most heavy themes like Critical.  this freezes up on me much more frequently.

Yeah, you'll need a beefy PC to run this one with no problems. All the reflections are done in the code, not faked, which makes it pretty resource heavy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grila said:

Wasn't really planning on it but it may happen. I won't make any promises though as I have a few projects that are mid-development right now and I just haven't had the desire to work on them lately.

Unfortunately it would make the theme resolution dependent, much like my Switch theme. In order for the focused item on the wheel to NOT be in the center you have to make the wheel wider than the screen. Then to place the selected item at the right position, you have to set a margin on the wheel which really screws things up (more than normal) when people don't run it at it's intended resolution. Then they bitch to me, I have to fix, blah blah blah. It is weird and not how I wanted it, but I had to settle with what I have implemented.

Yeah, you'll need a beefy PC to run this one with no problems. All the reflections are done in the code, not faked, which makes it pretty resource heavy.

Ok i understand about the focus makes sense. But anything you can do maybe who knows :) would be amazing if not I'll adjust.  

Only thing i could imagine hurting the performance of the theme is my LB hard drive speed. PC is definitely not lacking power :)

Also suggestion maybe if possible a light version like the Nes classic as dark and light.  Could be neat 

Edited by ALIE

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/8/2017 at 6:00 PM, Grila said:

BigForce Theme

View File

BigForce v1.0.0
BigBox Theme
02/08/2017

Theme Description
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BigForce is a modern, dark theme focused around the visual style of the computer graphics giant, nVidia. The idea is based off a RetroFE theme called Ergo Proxy by ryuuji that I adapted and modified for BigBox.

Theme Notes 
~~~~~~~~~~~
* Requires the fonts geforce-bold.ttf and geforce-light.ttf. Both are included in the root theme folder. Install them before running BigBox.

* This theme is designed for 1080 but works well at the following resolutions with one missing reflection (due to the way it was implemented):
    -1280x720: no reflection of the details on the text views
    -1366x768: no reflection of the details on the text views
    -1600x900: partial reflection of the details on the text views

* If you have your games rated in LaunchBox (5-star rating system), it will be reflected in the theme.

* I made this based on high quality vertical covers for all systems, it's not going to look right with horizontal covers. I am aware of this, there's no need to tell me. A good source for these is http://www.thecoverproject.net/.

* Included are a handful of vertical platform banners I made based off eash system's original box design. If the ones you need aren't included, get creative and make your own.

platform1.pngplatform2.pngplatformtext.pnggame1.pnggame2.pnggametext.pngmenu.png