LaunchBox Community Forums

HyperSpin style wheel fade in BigBox

Grila

I figured out a way to get the wheel to hide in BigBox like it does in HyperSpin. I know some people were requesting this so I thought I'd wrap my head around it a bit. The duration before it hides can be changed also. Here's a quick video of it in action...

I still need to tweak some things to get it a little smoother, but that's cake (I am just too lazy tonight).

* 2/12/2017 Edit *

OK, heres the demo theme. Install it, set it as active in BigBox, and switch through the views to see how it looks. Then open up the XAML and study the code that makes it possible. I've tried to comment everything that's needed and a description of what it's doing until I can get some better documentation finished.

WheelFadeDemo.zip

Edited by Grila
  • Like 13

@Grila you've done it again! Wow this will open up new possibilities for theme views in the future so kudos for figuring a way out!

I have a question, I believe this code can work in any view type (Vertical, Horizontal, text filter, etc) right? Can we also program it so that only the selected platform/game clear logo is visible and the rest fades and hide?

Ok guys, I'm in the process of making a demo theme that can be downloaded and dissected to see how to accomplish this. It's too detailed to explain without being able to see what's happening.
I'm trying to cover all aspects like vertical wheel, horizontal wheel, text list, etc. with examples in the theme. Additionally I'm going to include documentation to explain everything.
I hope to have the demo out early this upcoming week so please stay patient.
Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 11

Just to clarify, the theme I'm making won't be anything special for this. It's only to illustrate how to achieve the result and for you guys to open up and study the code (to use in your creations).

With that being said, I already have this implemented in a new theme along with a few other stunning eyecandy tricks I've managed to implement. But...you'll have to stay tuned for that. 

• Like 7

Fantastic work as always @Grila. It would be cool if we could have an option to have the wheel on the right side for people who want it on the right, and have a similar view with Platform details. And also is it possible if @Jason Carr can put  a setting in the transition settings called Wheel Transition and have different transition for example Slide, Fade Zoom etc... :)

Edited by ea4492
  • Like 1

You sir, are a genius. I just looked at the code and it's just a brilliant idea to use the platform name change for triggering a storyboard. I really need to spend more time on learning more about XAML as it seems that I'm just scratching the surface at the moment.

But for now I just want to say thank you! I already integrated it in CriticalZone and it works like a charm :)

• Like 1

@Grila Thank you very much sincerely for this i played around with it more and came up with a slight variation using part of your code, this gives the wheel element a fade which you can set the duration for.  Uploaded here is revised PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml for all to check out once again thank you for putting me on the right path.

PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml

• Like 2