How to pronounce "RetroArch"?

nathanddrews

How to pronounce "RetroArch"?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce "RetroArch"?

• Arch as in Architect
    • Arch as in Noah's Ark

1 hour ago, Charco said:

RetroArch as in starch. Even though I guess it is supposed to be short for architecture. Actually, it really is an awful name.

This is exactly why I would say 'Ark' since that is how architecture is said. In reality, the name is terrible and a full rebrand wouldn't be a bad idea anyways. Especially considering the toxic nature of their community and how poorly their devs treat users, namely myself. Heck, they even were being a pain to Jason and we all know he is such a nice guy, how can you not love him? Oh well...

1 minute ago, cammelspit said:

This is exactly why I would say 'Ark' since that is how architecture is said. In reality, the name is terrible and a full rebrand wouldn't be a bad idea anyways. Especially considering the toxic nature of their community and how poorly their devs treat users, namely myself. Heck, they even were being a pain to Jason and we all know he is such a nice guy, how can you not love him? Oh well...

RetroTrash right?

I always say Retro Arch (ark). Just personal ways of saying things I guess.

22 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

What did they do to pain jason?

As far as I know, nothing. At least in my limited interaction with them, they've been good people. *shrugs* What they do is hard, and the bad rep they get is a little misguided I think, but to each their own I guess. In my interactions, I have nothing but something good to say, so.

I was poking fun at the BS Jason had to deal with about the whole including RA and how he was refused just because LB was not open source. It takes a special kind of person to think that everything can be open sourced and the world still keeps turning. I know it was only one of them that caused any real problems but I was more or less making light of that. As for myself, you all know I am generally a nice guy and am kind and thoughtful with my questions as well. They treated me like scum and I even had one of the devs flat out tell me I was essentially too stupid to use RA so I shouldn't even try. This is one of MANY reasons I don't use RA unless I absolutely have to. I felt I should at least qualify my statements for those of you I have not told the story to before. More to the point, those who aren't on the streams regularly. :P

• Like 2