LaunchBox Community Forums

3DO Emulators 4DO any word if it's completely dead?

ALIE

14 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Thank you so much! This information was extremely helpful, and I've always wondered how to get Phoenix to work properly, especially after hearing that it's the most accurate 3DO emulator available, or so they say :) 

Glad to be of help! It really does seem to be the best 3DO emulator, try Alone in the Dark if you have it, it runs perfectly whereas under the 4DO emulator it's got horrendous sound issues, every other game I've tried has worked perfectly so far and phoenix has options so you can enhance the 3d resolution, it's got options for texture scaling as well but that kills the speed as soon as I move it past 1 (and I've got a fairly fast pc).

I'll have to check this out tonight. Most stuff works decently well with the 4DO RA core but there's some stuff that doesn't work with it that does work with standalone 4DO, like Crash n' Burn. Probably my biggest issue with 4DO is that it doesn't support Xinput, which means it doesn't work via Steam Link unless you're using VirtualHere. Does anybody happen to know if Phoenix supports Xinput?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/2/2017 at 3:02 PM, ww97 said:

I'm sure that Phoenix also has some parameters in LB, but don't know what they are. Without paramaters, it just opens the emu only but does not load ROM.

I have the same problem. Can't find any commands to add to LaunchBox so that i can load games without having to deal with the Phoenix UI first.

Edited by Imgema

I don't use Phoenix at all but has anyone tried using the command line itself to try to get the supported commands I know in demul if you navigate to the directory with the exe in CMD you can type demul.exe /? and it will return the supported command line,

• 2 months later...

I just tried to use -help,  /help -?, /? and the program launches and no help menu shows in cmd listing other commands so I ran System Internal Suits Process Explorer and checked to see if any strings where listed that might resemble any commands and there was nothing listed under strings so I don't know if there are any commands or not I certainly can't find them.

6 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I just tried to use -help,  /help -?, /? and the program launches and no help menu shows in cmd listing other commands so I ran System Internal Suits Process Explorer and checked to see if any strings where listed that might resemble any commands and there was nothing listed under strings so I don't know if there are any commands or not I certainly can't find them.

I read through the thread and saw that someone explained how to get it working using RocketLauncher. I don’t have any experience using the program, but it seems pretty straightforward to set up. 4DO is great, but Phoenix runs Alone in the Dark, which 4DO has audio issues with. Plus it’s actively being developed compared to 4DO (which hasn’t been updated in almost two years), and it’s now the best Jaguar emulator from what I’ve read.

• 5 years later...

Is someone still playing or searching for 3DO games? Are there any possible ways for playing these games in 2023 without installing emulators and that kind of stuff or installation of any kind of program for playing these types of games necessary? 

Edited by Bipco

45 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

That doesn't even show the best one which is Phoenix, and apart from being slightly awkward to integrate into LaunchBox, it is actually great.

Not too odd to integrate. There is a Phoenix Launcher exe file someone created and posted on the forum. Set-up Phoenix and ensure games run inside it. Then when you set things up in LB point to the PhoenixLauncher.exe, add a specific command line, and it works. 

Hi again from me, yesterday searching for retro games and an emulator I run into a website that provides online playing of all the retro consoles like Sega, Nintendo, Apple, and 3DO I don't know if I can share more details but if the moderator approves it I will share more information to let me know if it's good or not.

1 hour ago, Bipco said:

Hi again from me, yesterday searching for retro games and an emulator I run into a website that provides online playing of all the retro consoles like Sega, Nintendo, Apple, and 3DO I don't know if I can share more details but if the moderator approves it I will share more information to let me know if it's good or not.

Linking to sites that share roms for download or host for other reasons is against forum rules. 

On 5/5/2023 at 2:26 PM, Retro808 said:

Linking to sites that share roms for download or host for other reasons is against forum rules. 

Yes, I know that I read the rules that's why I asked first because I found something interesting and someone experienced like you in retro games and someone else to take a look but if it's wrong then I will keep it out.