LaunchBox Community Forums

Not being prompted to get the latest beta

DOS76

Hey I saw that there was a new beta out but when I went to grab it there was no prompt. I tried restarting the application 3 times and checking that I was indeed still signed up for the betas in options which I am but I can't seem to grab the latest beta.

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Hey I saw that there was a new beta out but when I went to grab it there was no prompt. I tried restarting the application 3 times and checking that I was indeed still signed up for the betas in options which I am but I can't seem to grab the latest beta.

Yep. I just tested on my side @DOS76 and I'm having the same problem here.

I'm going to guess that since it isn't version specific it is a problem with the server they use to push the updates out. Its seems the homepage for the site is having issues also so I'm definitely going to say something server related.

Edited by DOS76

I give up.   games are vanishing........ All the Daphne Games have been wiped out and every time i try to re import them i am getting 0 fespite seeing the complete list in the wizard.  The play fine directly through daphne.    I shouldn't have switched front ends.....  Beta 11 is screwing everything up.   

1 hour ago, NJDave71 said:

I give up.   games are vanishing........ All the Daphne Games have been wiped out and every time i try to re import them i am getting 0 fespite seeing the complete list in the wizard.  The play fine directly through daphne.    I shouldn't have switched front ends.....  Beta 11 is screwing everything up.   

Hi there, honestly, beta versions are bound by definition, to cause unpleasant issues.

If you want to minimize the risk you should stick to the stable releases. I do not have any Daphne game to reproduce the issue you are reporting but I am sure, if it is reproducible, this issue will get sorted out.

• Like 1

The new arcade playlist caused the issue.  Daphne technically is laser disc arcade games.  MAME never emulated this and now that it can today it requires a CHD which I don't have.

So I removed Daphne from the playlist folder and retrieved and restore the old Daphne xml from the backup.

Also their seemed to be server issues creating the perfect storm

Splitting the arcade up was a great feature and worth exploring.

Thanks