LaunchBox Community Forums

7.9-beta-4 Released

Jason Carr

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Was just coming here to say the same thing!! I just deleted all my arcade playlist xml's and re-added them and now have a lot more games in the playlists. So great work as always @Jason Carr, much appreciated.

I actually just opened it up after the upgrade and it was fixed. I don't think you have to import them again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quazl said:

I actually just opened it up after the upgrade and it was fixed. I don't think you have to import them again.

Yeah, for the most part, it should detect the new games. Although deleting and re-adding the playlists is a safer bet, it's most likely not necessary. However, if you had extra non-arcade games in the playlists, then you would definitely want to delete the playlists and re-run the process.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, for the most part, it should detect the new games. Although deleting and re-adding the playlists is a safer bet, it's most likely not necessary. However, if you had extra non-arcade games in the playlists, then you would definitely want to delete the playlists and re-run the process.

Never even occurred to me that they would just work, just automatically deleted and re-added. A s I said only takes about 30 seconds so no hardship. :) 

20 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Never even occurred to me that they would just work, just automatically deleted and re-added. A s I said only takes about 30 seconds so no hardship. :) 

Could you explain how you did that? This is a newbie question.

So basically, to get that fast of a import is to completely skip al metadata choices?

4 minutes ago, quazl said:

Could you explain how you did that? This is a newbie question.

So basically, to get that fast of a import is to completely skip al metadata choices?

It wasn't a import, it was just a playlist creation. All my mame is already imported so I just needed to create the arcade playlists which is a quick procedure.

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

It wasn't a import, it was just a playlist creation. All my mame is already imported so I just needed to create the arcade playlists which is a quick procedure.

So just delete all the playlists in the arcade "tree" and then generate them again? Sorry to be dense, I stay on the stable release, the playlists are still new to me.

Just now, quazl said:

So just delete all the playlists in the arcade "tree" and then generate them again? Sorry to be dense, I stay on the stable release, the playlists are still new to me.

Yeah, although I just deleted the xml files as that is quicker, they are in Launchbox/Data/Playlists so close launchbox delete the xml's open launchbox and go to tools/create missing arcade playlists.

FYI guys, I've been playing with .NET 4.7 today, and I am seeing some exciting performance increases in Big Box, mostly just stuff that helps to smooth out the graphics and transitions. Unfortunately we can't update to .NET 4.7 quite yet, because Microsoft doesn't have it out for anything but the Windows 10 Creator's Update at this point, but it is going to come out for everything Windows 7 and up, so we will be able to update to it in a month or two. It's good to see that MS has added more performance improvements for WPF though. :)

• Like 12

It's pretty difficult to try to setup these platform catorgies. Have no clue how to put entries under a category. I hope dragging and dropping an already existing item in the list towards a category or just to rearrange becomes a thing in the future.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:04 PM, Jason Carr said:

It's been too long for me to remember exactly what you mean about the wheels, but we haven't made any major changes to them recently.

For example: <transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="2" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Width="Auto" Height="Auto" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" ClipToBounds="True" />

Asking for some kind of variable name or variable to be able to allow videos and pics to stretch instead of staying at aspect ratio. So a mock up would be the above but with something like this included to let this happen:

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="2" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Width="Auto" Height="Auto" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" ClipToBounds="True" AspectRatio="Stretch />

The other option for it would just be AspectRatio="True" for it to stay with it's own ratio.

Edited by shinra358

I posted this in troubleshooting but it has only gotten 10 views in the last 24 hours with no replies. I figure this thread gets more attention and maybe @Jason Carr will see this one. Has anyone noticed when leaving your system to run in attract mode for extended periods, that the randomization never leaves whatever platform category it's in? For example, if I am in the consoles category, walk away and come back in 3 hours, attract is running but it is still displaying games and platforms from consoles. Walk away again, go to bed, come back the next morning, attract is still running and everything looks normal, however it is still only displaying games and platforms from consoles. Its like it never leaves the category unless you manually enter into a different category at which point randomization begins again but only for the category you leave it in. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe no-one else has noticed this yet. Just thought I would throw it out there.

26 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

I posted this in troubleshooting but it has only gotten 10 views in the last 24 hours with no replies. I figure this thread gets more attention and maybe @Jason Carr will see this one. Has anyone noticed when leaving your system to run in attract mode for extended periods, that the randomization never leaves whatever platform category it's in? For example, if I am in the consoles category, walk away and come back in 3 hours, attract is running but it is still displaying games and platforms from consoles. Walk away again, go to bed, come back the next morning, attract is still running and everything looks normal, however it is still only displaying games and platforms from consoles. Its like it never leaves the category unless you manually enter into a different category at which point randomization begins again but only for the category you leave it in. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe no-one else has noticed this yet. Just thought I would throw it out there.

I cant say I have seen that, but it may be that recently when I leave attract mode running and come back to it later launchbox has crashed. So it hasn't run long enough for me to check.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

I cant say I have seen that, but it may be that recently when I leave attract mode running and come back to it later launchbox has crashed. So it hasn't run long enough for me to check.

Mine has gotten better with the crashing. At least it seems to run longer now before crashing. I can almost count on it crashing, just a matter of how long before it happens. No error other than Bigbox has stopped working message with Bigbox frozen behind the error message. For what it's worth, it would crash after running for only a couple hours before the latest release came out. Since the 7.9 release, I have let it run for almost 24 hours twice before it has crashed.

Just now, JaysArcade said:

Mine has gotten better with the crashing. At least it seems to run longer now before crashing. I can almost count on it crashing, just a matter of how long before it happens. No error other than Bigbox has stopped working message with Bigbox frozen behind the error message. For what it's worth, it would crash after running for only a couple hours before the latest release came out. Since the 7.9 release, I have let it run for almost 24 hours twice before it has crashed.

Yeah its the opposite for me, it used to run for hours no problem, but recently crashes relatively quickly sometimes with a bigbox has crashed windows message sometimes just a frozen bigbox with no error. I'm not sure when it started happening as I only noticed it a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

I don't know if that's working as intended, but frankly I would rather have Launchbox stay within the Platform/Category it was left in for Attract Mode.

For example, if I have an arcade cabinet that just happens to have a few consoles available for nostalgia, I would want to be able to leave it in Attract Mode just for my arcade games. I wouldn't want it flipping back and forth randomly to just anything available. I would want to have some degree of control over what is being displayed on my cabinet while it's not being used.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

I don't know if that's working as intended, but frankly I would rather have Launchbox stay within the Platform/Category it was left in for Attract Mode.

For example, if I have an arcade cabinet that just happens to have a few consoles available for nostalgia, I would want to be able to leave it in Attract Mode just for my arcade games. I wouldn't want it flipping back and forth randomly to just anything available. I would want to have some degree of control over what is being displayed on my cabinet while it's not being used.

I would think normal would be to flip through everything regardless of platform - but having a choice might be nice too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

I would think normal would be to flip through everything regardless of platform - but having a choice might be nice too.

I agree, a choice is always preferable.

If you want to see a feature added, best to submit a ticket for it so that it gets on the to-do list.

4 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

@JaysArcade Have you switch between platforms/filters checked see screenshot 

Untitled.png