LaunchBox Community Forums

44 minutes ago, srxz said:

I have no idea what it could be,try to delete the folder and extract it again. I have uploaded a new version without the Plugin dll.

Are you with latest launchbox version?

I'm on 11.6. I tried to redownloading and still the same issue as above. I can get into Launchbox but nothing when right clicking a title. Do I need to be on a beta build?

1 minute ago, rockohoward said:

I'm on 11.6. I tried to redownloading and still the same issue as above. I can get into Launchbox but nothing when right clicking a title. Do I need to be on a beta build?

I'm on beta, but shouldn't make difference, I tried to even download more plugins to see if it was some sort of compatibility issues, but I can use the plugin normally, with or without the plugin dll.

Try to copy the /core dll to the plugin folder, not sure what to do anymore

2 minutes ago, srxz said:

I'm on beta, but shouldn't make difference, I tried to even download more plugins to see if it was some sort of compatibility issues, but I can use the plugin normally, with or without the plugin dll.

Just testing here, right clicking a game and choosing 1 click download works, but actually searching comes back with no video found.

image.thumb.png.b880564a9301171389d8b8e12aead159.png

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Just testing here, right clicking a game and choosing 1 click download works, but actually searching comes back with no video found.

image.thumb.png.b880564a9301171389d8b8e12aead159.png

Strange, for me it's breaking directly lol. I think it's related to some Launchbox change not sure, I will try to debug asap. Thanks for the test

image.thumb.png.21b0ed9c8646d8b5459f5aa6adc640f9.png

15 hours ago, srxz said:

Updated to the beta and it works now. So I guess its not working with 11.6

But I also ran into the same error as above

Edited by rockohoward

• 1 month later...

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.8
Type:    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
Site:    System.Text.Json.JsonElement GetProperty(System.String)
Source:  System.Text.Json

at System.Text.Json.JsonElement.GetProperty(String propertyName)
   at YoutubeExplode.ReverseEngineering.Responses.WatchPage.PlayerConfig.GetPlayerSourceUrl()
   at YoutubeExplode.Videos.Streams.StreamsClient.GetStreamContextFromWatchPageAsync(VideoId videoId)
   at YoutubeExplode.Videos.Streams.StreamsClient.GetManifestAsync(VideoId videoId)
   at YoutubeScraper.Youtube.youtubeAsync(String game, String id, String plataforma)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__139_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

11:44:55 AM Exception

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Experiencing a similar issue. Video search comes back with not found, pasting a Youtube URL results in an error dialog.

I unblocked all the DLLs in the directory using powershell:

dir -Path [directory path] -Recurse | Unblock-File

This plugin would be a life saver for my PC game collection, up untill know I keep finding YouTube trailers and downloading them by hand every time.

Hope it can be fixed. ?

In the meantime I have found a somewhat optimized workflow to get video's quickly:

- Open YouTube in browser

- Open 4K Video Download

- Search in YouTube for <game name> gameplay

- Set YouTube filter options to "Short"

- Hoover over videos or open until a nice one is found

- Copy URL

- Switch tab to 4K Video Download, press Paste Link, select quality

- Adapt/default to Launchbox videofolder of choice (will remain set for next time)

- Adjust video name to match game name

- Hit download

- Repeat for next game

Only downside in my opinion is that a lot of these videos features company intro's (Nintendo, IGN etc) and various disclaimers (age restrictions etc) that show up the first 5-15 seconds and these can't be cropped easily. Open to improvements!

Edited by CasperH

• 1 year later...
On 7/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, CasperH said:

Experiencing a similar issue. Video search comes back with not found, pasting a Youtube URL results in an error dialog.

I unblocked all the DLLs in the directory using powershell:

dir -Path [directory path] -Recurse | Unblock-File

This plugin would be a life saver for my PC game collection, up untill know I keep finding YouTube trailers and downloading them by hand every time.

Hope it can be fixed. ?

In the meantime I have found a somewhat optimized workflow to get video's quickly:

- Open YouTube in browser

- Open 4K Video Download

- Search in YouTube for <game name> gameplay

- Set YouTube filter options to "Short"

- Hoover over videos or open until a nice one is found

- Copy URL

- Switch tab to 4K Video Download, press Paste Link, select quality

- Adapt/default to Launchbox videofolder of choice (will remain set for next time)

- Adjust video name to match game name

- Hit download

- Repeat for next game

Only downside in my opinion is that a lot of these videos features company intro's (Nintendo, IGN etc) and various disclaimers (age restrictions etc) that show up the first 5-15 seconds and these can't be cropped easily. Open to improvements!

Realise this post is over a year old now but really helped me, and can use lossless cut as per this post https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/69657-video-gameplay-for-windows-games/#comment-421986  by Whatscheizer or just use the built in OBS to record them

Edited by jlister

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, Muskillogemi said:

The add-on doesn't work neither with url nor with direct download of the video. In direct download it never finds anything and with url it always gives error. I am using the latest version 11.12 beta:

image.thumb.png.c3e5e34251d99aac5e237cf7a7848d48.png

I'm having the same issues, but with a different error.

Looks like this plugin has been abandoned though?