LaunchBox Community Forums

7.10 Beta 10 - 'refresh platform wheel images' doesn't work

ckp

i replaced the clear logo image files for two platforms. even after doing a 'refresh platform wheel images' multiple times, they are not changing from the old ones. even after restarting BB, the old ones remain in cache and used in the platform wheel.

can't seem to get them to update the way they are supposed to from BB options.

i guess this option in BB is broken.

had to find and manually delete those two platform wheel logon files in the giant cache folder before the BB platform wheel would show them.

i'm just using the default BB theme.

yeah, i didn't think it would be a release blocker and i didn't even think it was new to the Betas. probably a lot of people would resort to cleaning out the entire cache, which would be a major bummer. but i'm glad it can be solved, although tedious, by finding the specific cached files and deleting just those. i'm not sure why any of those cached files would need to be in use when you are inside the settings screens at the part where you specifically choose to refresh them, but i guess that's the bug here.

i hope it will get fixed later, because i somewhat often swap out my platform wheel clear logos.

major kudos for the plugin feature - woot woot!

2 hours ago, Maddoc1007 said:

Seen this too and as a kinda workaround i refresh them in LaunchBox and this seems to transmit to Bigbox

How do you refresh BB platform wheel clear logos in Launchbox (they aren't even used in LB)? :)

Do you mean you just like choose to refresh everything (all cache)  in LB which then takes care of it?

29 minutes ago, ckp said:

How do you refresh BB platform wheel clear logos in Launchbox (they aren't even used in LB)? :)

Do you mean you just like choose to refresh everything (all cache)  in LB which then takes care of it?

I would assume so, because as you said they aren't used in launchbox, so the cache can be refreshed correctly as they are not in use.

@Jason Carr  I just wanted to add some more findings with the refresh cache issue. Refresh image cache is really broken right now as the only way I can get new images that I add to show up is to use the refresh all images option. Refresh image cache does not work in the BB option menu for the seperate refresh options like game,wheel and platforms,just the refresh all works. Also when you add images to theme folders like clear logos and such that is supposed to overide what is in the main LaunchBox folder you have to refresh all images to get them to show up.

• Like 2