LaunchBox Community Forums
syntax_X

Importing the Win3xO and eXoDOS Collections (Now with Win3xO+eXoDOS images!)

Anyone in the know, but to which folder am I supposed to extract all the files to? All I get is missing images.

Read page 2.  I explained how to add all the games.  There are an update to 3.0 for 2 of the packs.  The other ones I used Syntax guide but read page 2

Hey there,

as I stated, exo already released the new (launchbox friendly) versions of part of his exodos collection.

so, my suggestion would be to be patient, and stick to the adventure (3.1) and rpg (3.0) packs for now. This will ensure you an easy integration of those games.

I have read through the entire thread multiple times but ain't getting any of the jp2 files scraped. In which folder do i put them? Fanart, box art, screenshots? The instructions only say in your launchbox folder.

7 hours ago, meaning_ said:

Hey there,

as I stated, exo already released the new (launchbox friendly) versions of part of his exodos collection.

so, my suggestion would be to be patient, and stick to the adventure (3.1) and rpg (3.0) packs for now. This will ensure you an easy integration of those games.

Hi sorry to bother but where can I find new version? I think I'm good enough with google search, never had problems with findings but after a few try I decide to ask question and stop loosing time ;]

If You can't give direct links please tell me what should i put into google search...

7 hours ago, PiZZAMAN said:

I have read through the entire thread multiple times but ain't getting any of the jp2 files scraped. In which folder do i put them? Fanart, box art, screenshots? The instructions only say in your launchbox folder.

the jp2 images are duplicates.  These were used if you used the built in emulator meagre.  

1. Download image files

2. open your favorite file manager (i use xyplorer).  Go to directory where all the games are

3.  Search in directory for install.bat

4.  move all files to a different location (i have the option to keep the folder structure, this is what you want)

5.  Load Launchbox

6.  Click Tools --> Import---> rom files

7.  Click next --->add folder--->select folder where files are (not the install.bat files)

8.  Click next--->Choose a name for platform (eXoDos) ---->next

9.  Choose any emulator ----->next---->choose best option for you

10 Uncheck everything on next page--->next---->uncheck everything on download image screen--->next---> uncheck all on emumovies screen-->next

11.  Uncheck all options except force import duplicate on custom options screen---->next---->finished

12.  after completed, close launchbox

13.  Copy launchbox images you downloaded from the Win3xO_1.0_Launchbox7_Images.zip file to your launchbox folder  (example    C:\Launchbox\images\eXoDos)

14.  open launchbox and select all games in exodos system (click on one title and press alt+A)

15.  Right click and select bulk edit-->emulator-->leave  it blank--->save--->exit launchbox

16.  backup your exodos.xml file in the data directory (example c:\launchbox\data\platforms\eXoDos.xml)

17.  Open launchbox and select all files in eXoDos again----> Tools--->download metadata--->Choose which images you want and complete scrape

18.  Close launchbox and copy your backup xml file over the current xml file.

19.  Move the install.bat files back to the original locations

The end

alternatively if you are not able to move the install.bat files in step 2-5, you can go through launchbox and son the select files to import screen  choose add files.  In the pop up in the upper right hand corner search for *.bat (this takes a minute or 2) choose all files except install.bat and continue with the above steps