LaunchBox Community Forums

You guys use MAME for CPS3?

angelobodetti

1 minute ago, bundangdon said:

There's a standalone cps3 emulator? I believe that if you have a pretty decent system (fast cpu) then MAME would be the best choice. However, FBA and WinKawaks will also work, especially for the older, slower systems

I have a pretty solid PC. Do you have the launchboch XML for CPS3? i current have it standalone and would like to test the playlist before deleting my current cps3 setup

I use the stand alone cps3 emulator it doesn't have any of the long load time that MAME has for those games. I have my own roms for this but testing by setting up sfiii2.zip from my MAME set as an additional app worked with launching the game from the CPS3 emulator.

Edited by DOS76

I messed with this a little in MAME and 5 out of the 6 games have a no disc variant that load much faster if you don't mind using Asian and Japanese versions. Here is a list of the ROM names.

sfiiin.zip
sfiii2n.zip
sfiii3n.zip
jojon.zip
jojoban.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I messed with this a little in MAME and 5 out of the 6 games have a no disc variant that load much faster if you don't mind using Asian and Japanese versions. Here is a list of the ROM names.

sfiiin.zip
sfiii2n.zip
sfiii3n.zip
jojon.zip
jojoban.zip

Red earth is the only one without a no-cd version (that currently works) so I just start it, hit F10 or 12 to fastforward till its loaded then check the Mame NVRam and make that file read only.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lordmonkus said:

Mame works just fine, it was just something I did a while back when first setting up Launchbox. I had an FBA romset and pulled out the separated CPS rom sets and set them to use FBA.

No special reason beyond that.

Ah ok , Thank you :)

• 8 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 6:01 PM, Charco said:

I use the RetroArch FBA core for CPS3, no particular reason, but I like the ease of use for shaders and control mapping. MAME is perfect for CPS3 too.

i did used that core also the FBA 2012 one but with no avail they doesnt work through launchbox , but i used the rom set that comes with the standalone emulator can you pls tell me what rom set you used from what site ??