LaunchBox Community Forums

Rpcs3 in launchbox

LuismaSP89

4 minutes ago, ckp said:

so how is it launched after it's installed? sorry if i'm not familiar with it.

The pkg installer extracts the game's files and the eboot.bin in a directory inside of rpcs3 folder. You just point to the eboot.bin like you do with the disc games.

Edited by Suhrvivor
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
11 minutes ago, skainlurmis said:

Has anyone had any luck with exiting from games with the escape key? I'm playing Dragon's Crown and escape only goes into windowed mode. I'm not sure I totally get how to exit back to Launchbox. 

Good news, that can be easily fixed. You just need to edit the emulator settings in Launchbox to add a simple script that closes everything but the frontend when you press escape.  To do this, open LaunchBox and go to Menu -> Tools -> Manage Emulators -> RPCS3 (Or whatever you named your emulator). In the AutoHotkey tab paste or add the following:

; This section closes RPCS3 when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
	Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

This works too with other emulators that have the same issue and when using controller automation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey - I just began adding games for PS3 using RPCS3 using the EBOOT.BIN method and the first thing I noticed was no video snaps and less pics. All the games are in and play from LaunchBox, but they don't exist in BigBox except for the PS3 page with the game count and images for the game. Is this all normal? Thanks in advance for your responses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - I just began adding games for PS3 using RPCS3 using the EBOOT.BIN method and the first thing I noticed was no video snaps and less pics. All the games are in and play from LaunchBox, but they don't exist in BigBox except for the PS3 page with the game count and images for the game. Is this all normal? Thanks in advance for your responses.

11 minutes ago, Keith Krummel said:

PS3 is a newly emulated system, that to be honest isnt ready for the mainstream yet. So that will be why there is a lack of media for it, not enough people care enough as yet to create the said media for it.

30 minutes ago, Keith Krummel said:

I see, unfortunately.  Also it is in LaunchBox but not in BigBox doing it the EBOOT.BIN way of adding games. I did 7 already.

Do only the playable games on their site get passed the compiling shaders...>

If they work in Launchbox then they work in Bigbox, there is no difference there. And yes if a games is not marked playable it simply wont load, and mostly yes it will just not get past the shader caching as that is the game loading. As i said in my previous reply, RPCS3 is simply not ready yet as only a handful of games actually work at this point in time.