LaunchBox Community Forums

Rpcs3 in launchbox

LuismaSP89

Hi everyone! I´m trying to use launchbox to execute PS3 games with Rpcs3.

I add the rom using the path of the EBOOT.BIN file, under "dev_hdd0\game\Name of the game\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN" but this doesn´t work.

If i open that bin file using the RPCS3 emulator all works ok, but if i point that path with launchbox to open with the RPCS3 emulator, nothing happens, it shows "Failed to mount disc directory for the disc game (Code of the game)"

Does anyone knows how to launch rpcs3 games with Launchbox? There is a command line parameter or something?

Thanks in advance!

I have not bothered with this emulator at all yet and not many people bother with it due to its severe lack of real playability but this was something asked about on Discord recently. The person asking about it apparently did figure it out and said "launcher path needs to be from EBOOT.bin from the game file"

Beyond that I really have no clue.

On 7/16/2017 at 4:06 PM, lordmonkus said:

not many people bother with it due to its severe lack of real playability 

It's getting better by the day. There are already a handful of games that are running quite well and the list is climbing very quickly. Right now, Disgaea games of any type seem to be pretty stable, plus Catherine and a few other games.

It's easy enough to manually point to eboot.bin for manual launch. What's slightly more difficult is figuring out how to unzip/automatically run the games from archive. I'd like to be able to do that, considering how absolutely gigantic they are when uncompressed.

Edited by darkaegis
  • Like 1

I read that you can run rpcs3 games by command line like this example:

rpcs3.exe "E:\Arcade-PC\Emulators\RPCS3\dev_hdd0\game\BLUS304 31-Dragon Ball Raging Blast\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN"

So if that works from command line, you would just create the rpcs3 emulator in LB pointing to rpcs3.exe and you would import the eboot.bin files from each game. 

An ahk script can be used to make it go full screen like this if the emulator doesn't have a full screen option:

WinWait, FPS:, , 200
Send !{enter}

I haven't tried rpcs3, but am curious to know if this works.

I guess for LB to work with decompressing, it would have to know that it needs to look for the eboot.bin file and it sounds like it doesn't. But unzipping games that are many gigs in size would be a horrible wait for the games to start.

Edited by ckp
  • Like 1

I tried adding PS3 games to LB , launching them using the example of @ckp in previous post and managed to succesfully launch a game and go to fullscreen with the ahk script.

Thing is, it only works with old versions of rpcs3. New versions use QT, it seems that during the transition, they forgot to implement command line.

I guess we'll have to wait until they fix that.

I thought I read on GitHub that they fixed this with QT, which did have this issue. Maybe they haven't released a newest version with the fix yet I suppose 

Well, good to know those things work for a version that supports command line. Thanks!

I tried again using the nightly build and it works fine. Last time I used a modified exe from the Persona 5's blog entry for the latest build, maybe that's why it didn't work.

They added an option to launch games in fullscreen so you don't need a script for that now.

Here is a bonus script I use to mount my ISOs as surprisingly rpcs3 only supports JB format o_0

@echo off

cd /d "D:\LaunchBox\Emulators\RPCS3"

set iso=%1

if not defined iso (
	start rpcs3.exe
) else (
	powershell -Command Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath '%1' && rpcs3.exe "H:\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.bin"
	powershell -Command  Dismount-DiskImage -ImagePath '%1'
)

Edited by Pr0FiT
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 7:17 AM, Newlander said:

did anyone figure this out? :) 

it's one of the easiest ones to add to LB. just use the latest rpcs3, add a new emulator in LB pointing to the rpcs3.exe and import your game's eboot.bin file found inside the usrdir folder. you can put your games anywhere. they do not need to be inside the rpcs3 emulator folders. you don't even need to add an autohotkey script in the rpcs3 emulator tab to exit the game with controller automation. inside the rpcs3 gui, just make sure you set start games in full screen (if you want full screen) and "exit rpcs3 when process finishes" in the rpcs3 Emulator tab. good to go. no need for any Rocketlaunchers. 

image.thumb.png.d590983223b75d69175edf7d01e25f9e.pngimage.thumb.png.92958ac8825950e51ea99c679e985104.png

Edited by ckp
  • Like 1
  • Game On 1

1 hour ago, pipes78 said:

CKP have you used RocketLauncher as it adds a lot to a set up 

Yes i used to before I migrated to LB I couldnt wait to get everything out of it. But I can see some  people really like some functionality that it provides. Just not me :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, regarding the regular game with eboot.bin extension there is no problem.

But for the PSN games (for exemple Hard Corps Uprising), its not working. They have .PKG extension, and if you point straight to this PKG file, the emulator just open but nothing happen.

Maybe somebody know how to do ?

Thanks a lot

By the way, the emulation of Hard Corps Uprising is just awesome !!!