LaunchBox Community Forums

Rpcs3 in launchbox

LuismaSP89

1238850002_LaunchBoxBigBox11_27_20183_24_32PM.thumb.png.60196367b10734a607ebe246edc9c868.png32698058_LaunchBoxBigBox11_27_20183_25_03PM.thumb.png.5bfb51296196de1ae82e21feb08f62d3.png939554543_LaunchBox11_27_20183_22_43PM.thumb.png.ea1f932b3fbc947443c6721d4e506105.png

Here's the screenshots. It was easy in a gaming  programs. They are in LaunchBox and they are in the count for PS3 and the images are there, but no games appear unlike PS1 and PS2 with the import rom instead of EBOOT.BIN. 

I got a new computer and was hoping to power through the compiling shaders...

Edited by Keith Krummel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/13/2017 at 11:38 AM, Colpipes78 said:

Use Launchbox with  Rocketlauncher. I have a tutorial on full set up here:

https://youtu.be/3KOhWbUYL58

Hey, the video is unavailable, i have a similar issue where the name is wrong, and i think i could benefit from that zip file method. Think you could either send me the video (if you still have it) or teach me the zip file method?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm resurrecting this page because I could not find a more relevant one. Did someone manage to import rpcs3 games in Launchbox in batch? If so, please do share how? I have around 70 games (all playable in rpcs3) that I want to import in launchbox. Doing it file by file and pointing to eboot.bin is tedious task. Will there be a filter implemented in launchbox to search on its own for the eboot.bin file when you point it to Playstation hdd0 folder? @Jason Carr

21 minutes ago, silverchair said:

I'm resurrecting this page because I could not find a more relevant one. Did someone manage to import rpcs3 games in Launchbox in batch? If so, please do share how? I have around 70 games (all playable in rpcs3) that I want to import in launchbox. Doing it file by file and pointing to eboot.bin is tedious task. Will there be a filter implemented in launchbox to search on its own for the eboot.bin file when you point it to Playstation hdd0 folder? @Jason Carr

To be honest I currently have zero experience with RPCS3, so I really have no idea about any of this at current. We can look to add something in future if needed though.

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

To be honest I currently have zero experience with RPCS3, so I really have no idea about any of this at current. We can look to add something in future if needed though.

This is the same thing as with Wii U. It's that the games have a folder structure rather than being a single file and you only want to import one of those files to Launchbox, For Wii U its a .rpx file and for PS3 its a EBOOT.bin file, but that file does not have the game name on it so you need to use the folder name instead. However when the imported file is in a folder in a folder that doesnt work. In the case of Wii U it's Folder with game name/Data folder/ something.rpx. So using folder name there will import games called Data.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:00 PM, neil9000 said:

This is the same thing as with Wii U. It's that the games have a folder structure rather than being a single file and you only want to import one of those files to Launchbox, For Wii U its a .rpx file and for PS3 its a EBOOT.bin file, but that file does not have the game name on it so you need to use the folder name instead. However when the imported file is in a folder in a folder that doesnt work. In the case of Wii U it's Folder with game name/Data folder/ something.rpx. So using folder name there will import games called Data.

Generally, in that case, the best solution is to use Windows Explorer to search for the correct files to add, and then you can drag and drop them into LaunchBox and import them that way. If you check the user folder name box, that will work properly, assuming the folders aren't nested as @neil9000 says above. If they're nested, you're probably going to be out of luck without doing some manual work or restructuring the folders somehow. Not sure how we would solve that one.

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Generally, in that case, the best solution is to use Windows Explorer to search for the correct files to add, and then you can drag and drop them into LaunchBox and import them that way. If you check the user folder name box, that will work properly, assuming the folders aren't nested as @neil9000 says above. If they're nested, you're probably going to be out of luck without doing some manual work or restructuring the folders somehow. Not sure how we would solve that one.

Filtering by file type? As an option during import process? Maybe as an option and if flag is setup a new screen will popup. After you entered ...“eBoot.bin“ or so, yadayadayada

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

ha, was just doing wiiu and will be moving on to PS3 relatively soon.   Immediately realized the issue and it caused me concern considering with WiiU, its a relatively minor task to simply handle manually due to the small library.

PS3 is a whole nother animal.

I know SRM handles the naming issue for wonky consoles that operate via HDD like most of the newer stuff by using a json file that basically pairs titleID with title.  So when you run the parser when it sees BLUS38810, it enters it as Final Fantasy XIII.  (just an example, totally made up pairing).

It also handles arcade stuff in the same way which launchbox is obviously already capable of doing.

you can get a complete all region list of what gameID is what title (for disk and downloaded) from gametdb, thats the easy part.   As for importing (and this is way above my paygrade so im talking out my tail)  perhaps for that specific platform since games will be ran from the same place, you could have it simply look up 2 folders, grab the ID - parse it against the list of gameID to title , and voila!

of course, i imagine if it was THAT easy.....

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

Iv added a plugin to dev section. It locates all param.sfo files within ps3 roms folder. Uses that file to get the location of the eboot and gets the title. Adds them to LB. Check out the video I posted. Done a lot of testing. Is a little hacky but seems to work well.

ill be taking a peek VERY soon lol.

without looking, does it handle  pkg games and disc based games?  considering the differing paths.  I believe the structure locations of the file within the root path are identical (without looking) but pkg games end up in rpcs3's emulated hdd directory where disc games end up wherever you rip them to.

oooor it probably goes based off of the location launchbox gets when you import said file(s) so it doesnt matter?

1 hour ago, klepp0906 said:

Snip

Yeah it handles disk games. As long as the folder structure isn't to wild. It handles pkg games as long as they are installed. The folder structure between the 2 in regards to the location of the eboot to where the param.sfo is, is the same. The only difference that needed to be taken in consideration in regards to folder structure is i use the parent or parent of parent directory to compare against already imported games so not to import the same game twice. I couldn't compare the titles in this case cause a game could already be imported with a different title.

I use the param.sfo file because obviously it holds the title. But also because game patches also have eboot.bin. using any method that pulls the eboot could result in many game patch eboots being imported. Game patches are installed to the same directory as pkg games. The param.sfo tells you if the eboot is harddrive Game, disk game or game data. So this method shouldn't pull in any unwanted eboots. Well that's the theory anyway.

Let me know how it works for u. 

Edited by jayjay
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Yeah it handles disk games. As long as the folder structure isn't to wild. It handles pkg games as long as they are installed. The folder structure between the 2 in regards to the location of the eboot to where the param.sfo is, is the same. The only difference that needed to be taken in consideration in regards to folder structure is i use the parent or parent of parent directory to compare against already imported games so not to import the same game twice. I couldn't compare the titles in this case cause a game could already be imported with a different title.

I use the param.sfo file because obviously it holds the title. But also because game patches also have eboot.bin. using any method that pulls the eboot could result in many game patch eboots being imported. Game patches are installed to the same directory as pkg games. The param.sfo tells you if the eboot is harddrive Game, disk game or game data. So this method shouldn't pull in any unwanted eboots. Well that's the theory anyway.

Let me know how it works for u. 

will do, gonna get on to it in the AM.  Shutting down for the night ?

Good info though, and thank you very much for putting it together.

One more inquiry - your mentioning of the pkg installation location gave me pause.   RPCS3 gives an option to move the dev_hdd0 directory which I did.  I keep my emulators on their own drive, and since rpcs3 requires installing games to hdd0 coupled with the size of the titles, i placed it on its own drive. 

I hope this wont present an issue? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, klepp0906 said:

will do, gonna get on to it in the AM.  Shutting down for the night ?

Good info though, and thank you very much for putting it together.

One more inquiry - your mentioning of the pkg installation location gave me pause.   RPCS3 gives an option to move the dev_hdd0 directory which I did.  I keep my emulators on their own drive, and since rpcs3 requires installing games to hdd0 coupled with the size of the titles, i placed it on its own drive. 

I hope this wont present an issue? 

I didnt know it could be moved  but should be fine. Just point the folder dialog to where the dev_hdd0/Game folder is. 

Edited by jayjay

2 minutes ago, jayjay said:

I didnt know it could be moved  but should be fine. Just point the folder dialog to where the dev_hdd0/Game folder is. 

excellent, thanks again!

will let ya know how it goes.   And yea, it can be moved, any of the emulated hdd directories can.  under the manage tab > virtual file system.  I think i moved that and the shader directory or some such.   Its been a few :P

Edited by klepp0906
  • Like 1