LaunchBox Community Forums

Rpcs3 in launchbox

LuismaSP89

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

New user here, purchased Premium version but need some help with RPCS3

Anybody know how to get controller automation to work as far as closing the emulator?  I've got the buttons bound (In both LB and BB), but when I do the Select+Start, nothing happens.

Don't have any autohotkey scripts running

Try putting the following in the Running AutoHot Key tab of the edit emulators screen for RPCS3 in Launchbox.

$Esc::  

{  

WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}  

} 

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

It worked once, before trying that script but then it never worked again.  Seems to be hit or miss

When it does not work what exactly happens? Does the game still show or does it go to a black screen?

Are you using LB/BB Startup Themes? If you turn that off for this emulator does it change anything?

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 7:17 AM, Retro808 said:

Try putting the following in the Running AutoHot Key tab of the edit emulators screen for RPCS3 in Launchbox.

$Esc::  

{  

WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}  

} 

Recent RPCS3 user here. I tried this script, and I discovered that using my button shortcut to bring up the LB pause screen does work - but it's not visible. What I mean by that is pressing my button shortcut results in the mouse pointer becoming visible, so that led me to ALT-TAB, holding ALT to keep my list of open programs showing. I saw an entry for the LB pause screen, but switching to it did nothing. I'm not sure if the problem lies with an inability to render it on top of RPCS3, or if it's not working properly. The pause screen shows up on all the rest of my emulators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

I have RPCS3 launching games, and I have looked through this thread, but I'm not seeing a way to make it launch without the RPCS3 launcher (in other words to go straight to the game).  Is there a command line option for this?

I have never used the launcher so not sure how it is set up but the non-launcher way is:

1) setup emulator like normal

Capture.thumb.PNG.4cbbd0977787732aa8312681dd82821e.PNG2) point the launch file to the EBOOT.BIN file for each game.  One below is example for Demon Souls.  I don't have that many games for PS3 so less of issue working them manually.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.5584946a814b4ffb4353ab52c913fe87.PNG

38 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Yeah, I have that running... but aren't you getting the RPCS3 gui/launcher when you start the game?  How do you get rid of that?

Nope, not once running it goes to full screen. If RPC3 needs to compile PPU modules you will see that pop up but eventually goes full screen back to game. Check settings here in RPC3 (particularly the first 3) and check the GUI tab that all welcome screens checked off:Capture.thumb.PNG.0d40af2e3193462222368c49599d5de0.PNG

Edited by sundogak

@DrybonzOdd. Even launching from RPCS3 directly outside of LB, if you have the exit thread checked then if you exit game it will close GUI. Is GUI remaining when launched outside LB? Also might check you don't have a custom config for games setup versus global and that those settings are not being applied. Easiest way is in RPCS3 is to rightclick on game in listing and will show if custom config present.  

When launching from LB (or really even directly) it will launch the RPCS3 game listing GUI and it will be under the full screen of the game.  For LB, under the Startup Screen tab in LB, if I have "Hide All Windows not in Exclusive Fullscreen" and "Aggressive Startup Hiding" checked it will hide that underlying GUI that pops up momentarily so only the LB startup screen is shown (other than if needs PPU compiling). But even if I don't have either checked, the RPCS3 GUI will only pop up momentarily until the game goes into full screen mode and in which case the GUI is placed in background.

Edited by sundogak

3 hours ago, sundogak said:

@DrybonzOdd. Even launching from RPCS3 directly outside of LB, if you have the exit thread checked then if you exit game it will close GUI. Is GUI remaining when launched outside LB? Also might check you don't have a custom config for games setup versus global and that those settings are not being applied. Easiest way is in RPCS3 is to rightclick on game in listing and will show if custom config present.  

Ah, good call, Sundogak... I had made a custom config for Demon Souls at some point and that is the game I have been testing with.  So, if I check all the boxes in the custom config it does close the RCPS3 launcher after the game closes.  I guess my main wish would be if I could, like a lot of other emulators, launch through LB and completely hide the RCPS3 launcher as well... but thanks for helping me get the launcher to close.

*edit*  The LB options you mention might do the trick, but they are LB Pro features and I let my LB paid subscription run out a long time ago, so I can't use those.

Edited by Drybonz