LaunchBox Community Forums

Is Big Box worth it?

Peshti

Hey guys, today I tried to setup Hyperspin but I gave up or well didn't put up with it, now I'm reasonable good at computer stuff and I just think there's too much hassle to make hyperspin look the way you want etc. 

Now I'm not new to Launchbox but I'm not a premium member, meaning I don't have Big Box, I'm not sure if I want to be a lifetime member or not, I feel that 50$ is too much for me to spend just to try it out and I guess I can't pay 20$ for the 1 year and then 30$ to become a lifetime member? 

I just wish there was a demo or something so I could try it out, don't get me wrong though you guys are doing amazing work, I love the basic LaunchBox so far. 

8 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

As a matter of fact if you do buy the annual license for $20 you can update to lifetime if you want the next year for $30

I see :). Do I have to wait 1 year to pay the 30$? Let's say that I decide that I like big box after a month or so, can I pay 30$ straight away to become a lifetime member? 

Also, there's plenty of videos up on YouTube for you to see what you're getting. There's no fluff there. I mean people put extra time into their individual setups, but by and large those videos are just bigbox and an occasional theme, which are free and easy to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Keep in mind if you pay the $20 and decide not to go lifetime you still can use your set-up, you only lose out on any future updates. Like you I tried Hyperspin/RL and even though what it can do once set up right is great, for me it was way to many layers and steps. Right now with what Launchbox/BigBox can do my system if far more than I originally wanted it to be. 

On 2017-07-17 at 5:44 AM, fromlostdays said:

Also note that you're going to want a subscription to emumovies if you don't have one. Lb has its own database but some of the art and all of the videos come from emumovies. So factor that into the budget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

And I guess there's a lifteime price for that too? I'm pretty new to all of this, I love emulating games but that's about it :P

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, DaemonPhoenix42 said:

last i saw from the email; launchbox's emumovie discount brought the price to 15$, idk what tier that would potentially be. though my big and only real peeve with bigbox is how it doesn't handle the steam overlay all that well.

Try this plugin.

• Thanks 1