LaunchBox Community Forums

Fully Loaded Hard Drives

Asparky

I see Mr.Shaw is back,carrying out his old tricks again and selling hard drives with Launchbox on them.

He has been showing them on his YouTube Channel, I am happy to report the Fact to YouTube, he is in the wrong, but not sure how to do this...

Can someone please advise me or maybe report it on my behalf..

2 hours ago, Asparky said:

I see Mr.Shaw is back,carrying out his old tricks again and selling hard drives with Launchbox on them.

He has been showing them on his YouTube Channel, I am happy to report the Fact to YouTube, he is in the wrong, but not sure how to do this...

Can someone please advise me or maybe report it on my behalf..

Mr. Shaw never knows when to quit, does he? However, I wonder if he's buying individual (launchbox) licenses for each hard drive? Probably not, but I've seen him (or someone similar to him) mentioned here before and they were able to report him to YouTube successfully

I just watched that video, and he does state that there is no Launchbox license included with the drives. However he is clearly using @JamesBaker's video's for the platforms and i think i'm right in saying you only get access to them if you are on premium as they only work in Bigbox mode. So there is something fishy going on there. 

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

I just watched that video, and he does state that there is no Launchbox license included with the drives. However he is clearly using @JamesBaker's video's for the platforms and i think i'm right in saying you only get access to them if you are on premium as they only work in Bigbox mode. So there is something fishy going on there. 

Good morning Neil (At least it's morning where I'm at). Can you direct me to his vids? 

On 7/21/2017 at 9:04 AM, JamesBaker said:

Good morning Neil (At least it's morning where I'm at). Can you direct me to his vids? 

Afternoon James. ;) 

Edit by lordmonkus:
Removed video, no need to give this guy any more traffic to his youtube channel if anyone comes across this thread.

• Like 1

He states in the video that he got the platform video's from the Launchbox website, but as far as i know they are only available through a licensed version of Launchbox directly. And of course he say's he is not supplying a license, but he is demoing Bigbox, which of course does need the license, so........

• Like 1

well he never says he doesn't have a license he must or how else would he be using BB. If he was including a shared license it would probably be easy to track and suspend the license just look and see it being used by different IP addresses.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

He states in the video that he got the platform video's from the Launchbox website, but as far as i know they are only available through a licensed version of Launchbox directly. And of course he say's he is not supplying a license, but he is demoing Bigbox, which of course does need the license, so........

Yep, seems very fishy. I'd definitely report him, or at least investigate a little further to see whether or not he's doing anything at all legit

Edited by bundangdon

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah, I'm not gonna comment on this too much. To be honest, I'm kinda confused on what to think of it. Using my vids doesn't bother me. And if "hopefully" he's not full of crap and actually "not" including the licenses - I imagine it as being beneficial. That would be a lot of potential sales. But yeah, I'm not an expert when it comes to marketing and all of that stuff. It would take Jason or someone else to figure that out.

Just now, DOS76 said:

well he never says he doesn't have a license he must or how else would he be using BB. If he was including a shared license it would probably be easy to track and suspend the license just look and see it being used by different IP addresses.

Yeah i'm not doubting that he has a personal license, it's just he is demoing a product that any customer is not going to receive if there's no legit license included. So any potential customers are going to expect it to look like what it does in the video, but it won't without the license.

Just now, DOS76 said:

Well to be honest his customers are buying preloaded HDD's so I really don't care if they are disappointed with their purchase.

Lol, yeah good point, if you buy dodgy HDD's from dodgy youtube video's, then you get what you deserve. :)

He's selling other people's work. It's a dick move. If he makes every scrap of artwork and video and wanted to put together LB without a lisence, I'd still feel bad for his "customers", who think they are buying time but really are not because they will be flooding the forums now with questions. But he didn't do that. He's selling what's freely available and beyond any legality (I can almost guarentee he's either providing a lisence or selling dupes of his on the sly) it is still a dick move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Real scum of the earth. You can bet if I see anything on mine in his newest stuff I am going after him.

*edit* It actually isnt him, the other guy forget his name was more surly and less pleasent. Still a POS in my book though.

Edited by keltoigael

32 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

Real scum of the earth. You can bet if I see anything on mine in his newest stuff I am going after him.

*edit* It actually isnt him, the other guy forget his name was more surly and less pleasent. Still a POS in my book though.

The guy you are referring too,was Chris Upchurch....

He was completely band from YouTube,when someone reported him for selling Nintendo Roms.

• Like 3