LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch 1.6.3 is OUT !

dov_EL

On 7/29/2017 at 6:14 PM, neil9000 said:

You just want the .exe usually which is the smallest file, 9.1mb in this case. I think also for this version you will also need the redist on the same page. Just copy them into your retroarch folder.

Or you can use this handy little tool.

https://stellarupdater.github.io/

Amazing stuff. Thanks for letting us know about Stellar! :)

11 minutes ago, Mizar said:

Amazing stuff. Thanks for letting us know about Stellar! :)

You can thank @wyzrd for the program, he created it, and posted a thread about it way back.

12 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Does anyone know if their new installer is set up so that it doesn't overwrite your settings, etc?  I always used to end up losing my settings with RA when I upgraded, if I recall correctly.

Not sure, i haven't used the new installer, try the stellar program linked though, as long as you choose the RA+Cores options it will just update the .exe and your cores to the latest version. Although in this release you will also need to update the redist as well as there are some new files retroarch needs to run. 

Your settings are saved in the config files. If you use the ra installer rather than zip, install to a different directory then drag over the configs. Recommend using Stella as stated above. I've never had a problem with it. If not, download the newest ra zip and just pull out the exe and in this case the dlls and overwrite in your install.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just now, Drybonz said:

I tried Stellar today... sounds like a really good idea, but it just keeps telling me it can't reach the server when I click update.  I made a firewall exception for it, but still no change.  Anyone else?

Yeah i'm having the same issue with the latest version also. I did report it to @wyzrd in his stellar thread but haven't had a reply as of yet.

• Like 1