LaunchBox Community Forums

Small bit of news. I will be revamping CityHunter from 6 to two releases. One will feature eatkinola's video plugin that supports multiple video playback and a standard version using the BB built in engine for more performance. The clean edit will be the basis for both themes as I am doing away with the multiple versions. I don't see the need to not have anything else but video background in the views. The fanart views are not widely used anyways. This will make things much easier for me to handle on my end and make quick changes from now on. I can also start focusing again on art and videos which is more my thing these days. I have a new unreleased background from the Anime Blame! that I have been using for a few months on my cab, here is the video of it running. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, keltoigael said:

Thanks for uploading the new version of your theme!

I deleted my old CityHunter 2 folder and downloaded the CityHunter 2 (theme) Standard Version and placed it in my themes folder along with updating my clear logos and banners.

For some reason everything looks the same even after refreshing my images. I attached a screen shot to show you what I mean. 

How would I get my BigBox to look like the one in your video where you're using banners and all the extra stuff on the screen is gone.

Untitled-1.png

39 minutes ago, Special T said:

Thanks for uploading the new version of your theme!

I deleted my old CityHunter 2 folder and downloaded the CityHunter 2 (theme) Standard Version and placed it in my themes folder along with updating my clear logos and banners.

For some reason everything looks the same even after refreshing my images. I attached a screen shot to show you what I mean. 

How would I get my BigBox to look like the one in your video where you're using banners and all the extra stuff on the screen is gone.

Untitled-1.png

That's his Blade Runner theme. He was just showing the new background video he made. 

• Like 1

I'm having a little issue with this theme, but I can't figure out why it is acting like it does. Anybody has any ideas?

When booting up you get into BigBox on Platform Categories at this point it's just a black background no video playing. When entering a Category still no video, just black background. But when I enter the platform displaying the games the background video plays and then when I back out to platform and categories, it's all good and I have the background video like it is suppose to be.

Thanks!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

10 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

Can you test that against CriticalZone and see if it does the same thing? I don't use categories. 

against which one?

CriticalZoneV2.zip
CriticalZoneV2_BackgroundFanartOnly.zip
CriticalZoneV2_BackgroundVideoOnly.zip
CriticalZoneV2_-_BlueBox.zip
CriticalZoneV2_-_BlueBox_BackgroundFanartOnly.zip
CriticalZoneV2_-_BlueBox_BackgroundVideoOnly.zip
CriticalZone 1.8.zip
CriticalZone 1.8_BackgroundFanartOnly.zip

8 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

My guess is that the default engine does not support categories play back because it's looking for a specific path, not entirely sure. @CriticalCid might be able to chime in. I don't use the feature so it has never been an issue for me. The plugin version should get you around this.

ok thanks will try plugins and also just having the platforms view

11 minutes ago, Whistler NL said:

ok thanks will try plugins and also just having the platforms view

Are you not allowed to rename the theme folders?

Because all versions have the same theme folder name (CityHunter 2) I renamed (cityhunter 2 plugin, cityhunter 2 standard, and so on...) those folders to be able to switch between different version of this theme but I'm getting errors. Looks like \CityHunters 2\ folder is hardcoded into the theme.