LaunchBox Community Forums

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

We do not have a ton of forum rules but we do request not spamming the same question in separate forum threads. Please just post once. I have deleted your other thread.

As far as you questions. Fonts can be changed. You can add the font to a folder inside the theme so if you ever share it the user does not need to install it and it also means you would not need to install it. Then change the code to the correct font path and font family. In the example below for a font called Prototype you would need to change the "YOUR THEME FOLDER NAME HERE" to well, your theme's folder. Also "Prototype.ttf#Prototype" would need to be changed to the font file name (Prototype.tff) and font name (#Prototype) of the font you are using.

FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Theme/YOUR THEME FOLDER NAME HERE/Fonts/Prototype.ttf#Prototype"

Options screen do you mean the game details screen? The one where you select play, add to playlist and other items? If so the Game Details screen and Game list views are linked. I do not believe you can add a different view. I have not seen any theme's to date do that.

I do apologise for the double post, reason was I thought I'd posted in the wrong section. But thank you for deleting the double post for me.

Also thank you for the info on changing the fonts, I'll have a look and see what I can find.

In regards to the options screen video, its the bigbox "settings screen" its the screen where you can see the list "manage themes", "manage pause themes" "search" "lock" etc.  I wanted to put a video on that screen 

3 minutes ago, Gustavus said:

In regards to the options screen video, its the bigbox "settings screen" its the screen where you can see the list "manage themes", "manage pause themes" "search" "lock" etc.  I wanted to put a video on that screen 

Those screens are not editable in that way im afraid, they are kept simple for a specific reason, cause if a theme breaks the options, then thats a big deal and you cant get there to change back.

1 hour ago, Gustavus said:

I do apologise for the double post, reason was I thought I'd posted in the wrong section. But thank you for deleting the double post for me.

Also thank you for the info on changing the fonts, I'll have a look and see what I can find.

I do believe you can add a video there. I believe some updates occurred and now you can. I will have to double check as I had a theme I tested it out on.

If you open the \Launchbox\Themes folder you will see a Documentation pdf file in there. The last couple of pages I believe will give you a video controls code you can use. You should be able to add that line and specify the video and video path.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 7:37 PM, Retro808 said:

I do believe you can add a video there. I believe some updates occurred and now you can. I will have to double check as I had a theme I tested it out on.

If you open the \Launchbox\Themes folder you will see a Documentation pdf file in there. The last couple of pages I believe will give you a video controls code you can use. You should be able to add that line and specify the video and video path.

Thank you for the info, Im still trying to get my head around alot of this (Finding it abit complicated).

My launchbox files are all stored on my PC like this "C:\Launchbox\Themes\CityHunter 2"

But what exactly is the files that I need to mod to add the lines of text onto?

The video file I want to use (for e.g) for the options/settings screen is a file called "neon bedroom.mp4" 

Edited by Gustavus

• 11 months later...

Hi, I have been using your amazing theme with great results, however recently after I select a game from the games list screen, it loads the game page OK, but everytime I return to the games list page, BigBox freezes and the only solution is to force close BigBox. It only happens when returning to the games list from a game and when the games list view is on a Vertical Wheel with full-screen video. Already updated and repaired the theme... But no results. Other themes work fine on this aspect. Thanks. 

• 5 months later...

What determines what screen shows up in the 'now loading' screen?  Sometimes I have a img sometimes I have nothing.  Only in-game screens I thought I downloaded so far were just the low quality video and gameplay screen

example below for the simpsons

image.thumb.png.6ae05aa7a0bcf1b5bd80cc4d29868ed4.png

Edited by B.Z.B

On 08/01/2022 at 21:12, B.Z.B said:

Qu'est-ce qui détermine quel écran apparaît dans l'écran « en cours de chargement » ? Parfois j'ai un img parfois je n'ai rien. Seuls les écrans de jeu que je pensais avoir téléchargés jusqu'à présent n'étaient que l'écran de vidéo et de jeu de mauvaise qualité

exemple ci-dessous pour les simpsons

image.pouce.png.6ae05aa7a0bcf1b5bd80cc4d29868ed4.png

In fact by default it is the backgrounds that you will have previously downloaded that will be displayed there, so when you do not have a startup screen,

check but I think that you did not have to download the background of the game in question ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Is there anyway to fix the search bar and filter menu?  I can't move my mouse or hit enter, it takes up the whole screen currently.  I tested search bar and filter in the default big box theme and had no issues. 

image-1.png

Edited by B.Z.B

4 hours ago, B.Z.B said:

Is there anyway to fix the search bar and filter menu?  I can't move my mouse or hit enter, it takes up the whole screen currently.  I tested search bar and filter in the default big box theme and had no issues. 

image-1.png

I answered this on the discord.