LaunchBox Community Forums

34 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

My guess is that the default engine does not support categories play back because it's looking for a specific path, not entirely sure. @CriticalCid might be able to chime in. I don't use the feature so it has never been an issue for me. The plugin version should get you around this.

It shouldn't matter with the default engine because it's just a simple path that's not linked to anything. If you open the view the video should play, no matter which filter you use.

7 minutes ago, Whistler NL said:

Are you not allowed to rename the theme folders?

Because all versions have the same theme folder name (CityHunter 2) I renamed (cityhunter 2 plugin, cityhunter 2 standard, and so on...) those folders to be able to switch between different version of this theme but I'm getting errors. Looks like \CityHunters 2\ folder is hardcoded into the theme.

Yes you shouldn't. Renaming theme folders can break some themes because some file paths are hardcoded to that specific folder name.

On 2/25/2018 at 12:44 AM, sbslc2017 said:

Anyway to change the default font in this theme.  Or is there a way to adjust the font for each platform?

thanks!

You can edit the views to your hearts desires, go into the theme folder, views and open the xml files with something like notepad++ and change what ever you feel like.

Thanks for the reply.  When I look at the xml file for City Hunter, there doesn't appear to be any syntax about fonts.  Otherwise, I would have changed the default font in the xml file to one that I wanted.  If I need to add a line, could you point me in the direction as to the proper syntax?

Thanks again

I'm glad to see you getting back in to the swing of things. The alt dreamcast image looks great by the way :)

I love this theme but I also liked your blade runner theme as well so I tried to incorporate aspects of it into this theme. I don't know a lot about coding themes so I had to do a lot of guess work. I deleted the date at the top and the description at the bottom. I added scan lines to the video and I centered the platform banner at the bottom. I also added the icons from the blade runner theme at the bottom as well. I'm happy with how it turned out.

By the way, I read on the forums that bigbox supports animated gif files. Would there be any performance benefit to changing the background from a video to an animated gif. Again, I don't know a lot about coding so I wasn't sure if it would be worth the hassle or trying to figure out how to swap the video for an animated gif.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Untitled-1.png

I really like the changes you made, you should add it to the themes section as your own but just make sure to credit Cid as he is the original coder of CriticalZone that I used as a base for CityHunter. I really cant say about the animated gif as a background. You could always try and see but I use high quality settings as best as I can from the source file so they tend to be kind of large size wise. 

• 4 weeks later...

Love the theme. Is there anyway I can remove the date and time? If there is a way, how would I go about doing that? Lastly, is there a way to remove the 2nd platform icon on the games view?

editt: figured out how to remove the clock, now just trying to figure out how to remove the upper platform logo in the games view

'

Edited by Crevice

First of all a big thank you for this theme, it's really a great job, and I'm totally fan of the 80's I'm in love! I did not find clear logos windows / Genre and Collection on the other hand I would have to create one but for in a concern of coherence  would have put the same font :) What do you use for your wheel?

Another big thank you, I would spend regularly good morning, I might have something "80's" to offer you;)

see you soon !

in the meantime I did that: p the hacker man I found it stuck well

180404060455277419.png

Edited by Padou

18 minutes ago, Padou said:

First of all a big thank you for this theme, it's really a great job, and I'm totally fan of the 80's I'm in love! I did not find clear logos windows / Genre and Collection on the other hand I would have to create one but for in a concern of coherence  would have put the same font :) What do you use for your wheel?

Another big thank you, I would spend regularly good morning, I might have something "80's" to offer you;)

see you soon !

in the meantime I did that: p the hacker man I found it stuck well

180404060455277419.png

I think these.

I have been meaning to provide a psd file template for both the wheels and banners so people can create their own and I can continue to be lazy. I will get something together this week and post it in the theme section and update this thread.

Also @Zombeaver's Wheels and Banners are what inspired the look of mine so you may find his just as suitable. His are more so meant to go with just about any theme while mine are more directly related to work with both of my themes colors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...