LaunchBox Community Forums

GPDWin *WIP*

Grila

54 minutes ago, Mithrot said:

Sooo its been a few months since the OP ... is this thing going to be released anytime soon? 

Well, you know that real-life thing kicked in...not sure if you are aware that making themes for other people isn't my day job. It'll get done eventually when I have the time to start working on it again.

21 minutes ago, Grila said:

Well, you know that real-life thing kicked in...not sure if you are aware that making themes for other people isn't my day job. It'll get done eventually when I have the time to start working on it again.

You mean you're not our dedicated theme butler? Thats unfortunate- hopefully real-life stops kickin' mate.

14 hours ago, Mithrot said:

You mean you're not our dedicated theme butler? Thats unfortunate- hopefully real-life stops kickin' mate.

Just remember that this is mainly a hobby for some of us that just wish to share things with other people. Grila will get it done, just be patient. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Rincewind had me thinking about the color scheme with his prior comment, so I spent some time today writing a program that allows you to pick from 10 different color combos for the theme. I may add more if there is interest. The usage is simple...run the GPDWin Styler app supplied with the theme and apply the theme of your choice. Soon I'll add the ability to set the text colors from this app, but that's for another day. It's a visually simple app...but it gets the job done. 

Here's a screenie of the program...

Capture.thumb.PNG.d2a26b2759f5cc0e6d7ed5d13315fdf9.PNG

Edited by Grila
  • Like 5

For the Text Games View, since the game title is already displayed in the list I am leaning toward ditching it (like in the bottom screenshot). BUT, on that small screen it may be nice to have it in the bigger, more legible font also. Any thoughts on this? Here's two captures showing 2 different ways I have experimented with so far (unfortunately we can only have 1 text view :( ):

5a569077e312c_LaunchBoxBigBox1_10_20184_04_15PM.thumb.png.ddc0992e3939127453bb091f6c595b7d.png5a56907d09709_LaunchBoxBigBox1_10_20185_08_22PM.thumb.png.c29bde1fb78c147cae3043493b601408.pngAnd remember, all the meta and other images are NOT included for a reason...this is a super light-weight theme that only needs clear logo's and screenshots so please don't request other metadata to be added.

14 hours ago, y2guru said:

I would like to see both the stars and larger game title in the game details pane, but if I were to choose.... i'd go with the 1st capture.   btw, did you get a GPD Win to test this on ? 

That is a great suggestion. Since everyone agrees on keeping the large game title, I'll move the star rating to the right, under the title.

• Like 2

Almost done with the ability to edit all theme colors with the editor. The text boxes reflect their changes in real time on the preview so you can really see what's changing and how it looks before saving. Here's a shot of it...

Capture.thumb.PNG.9f7b42ef4419d85241a29e8c829dbcea.PNG

• Like 3

OK, got the customizer app re-designed. It contains 18 base color schemes that can be applied or you can customize all the colors according to your own preferences. 

Theme is almost finished, just have the system views to finish up.

Here's a look at the new customizer:

Main View

Capture.thumb.PNG.5d621bf293400c2414e2ee2e0a52046c.PNGApply Base Theme

Capture1.thumb.PNG.0ea372fa40f79b80a3b8e89153998089.PNGCustomize Theme

Capture2.thumb.PNG.8f147803aefe4f683382642ce6ef1d0f.PNG

• Like 5