LaunchBox Community Forums

6 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Love this!  Question -- how do you hide the details sidebar?  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I don't see it in the change log.

Should be in the PDF bundled with the download. It's a simple change in the Nostalgia.xaml styles file. Check it out and let me know if you have any problems.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EduInmigrante said:

Is possible to remove the Year vertical table?

You should be able to comment that our pretty easily in the XAML files using a text editor like notepad. I'm not in front of my computer now, but look for something like VertReleaseYear in the views you want to modify. Let me know if you have trouble making that change.

3 hours ago, eatkinola said:

You should be able to comment that our pretty easily in the XAML files using a text editor like notepad. I'm not in front of my computer now, but look for something like VertReleaseYear in the views you want to modify. Let me know if you have trouble making that change.

Yes, i can change little things, but i can`t remove the Vertical table that show the year. I want to remove this to give more space to the game list names.

20 minutes ago, EduInmigrante said:

Yes, i can change little things, but i can`t remove the Vertical table that show the year. I want to remove this to give more space to the game list names.

Are you talking about removing what's within this red box and making the text list wider?

nost-year-table.thumb.jpg.808d8a31c3a2cb9d667d8ecc96783b5b.jpg

You can make it look like as follows if you make the changes as in this example:

TextFiltersView.xaml -- Do NOT just copy this xaml file into your theme folder, as it contains some other things that will break the view. But you can make these same changes in your XAML file. You could also make these changes in other views, though with some it might get more complicated. Basically you can adjust the grid row/column sizes and remove elements you don't need.

nost-year-omit.thumb.jpg.92b01cfa699944fa01e7dee94db75e15.jpg

Edited by eatkinola
added example of change

50 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

@EduInmigrante: This version is nicer than the one originally posted:

TextFiltersView.xaml

nost-year-omit.thumb.jpg.7471d9891f977996e290e6cdbb69954c.jpg

Oh, thanks so much for the help.
Works perfect! But only in the Platforms  screen. 
I will try by my self to remove this from another screens. I just have to coment the same lines in other files, right?

By the way... is there a way to change the name (PLATFORM) for another thing?

(Edit: I broke the game list xD)

(EDIT 2: Now i fixed the game list <3)
Now i just need to know how to change the PLATFORM name.

shieet.png

Edited by EduInmigrante

1 hour ago, EduInmigrante said:

Edit: I broke the game list xD)

(EDIT 2: Now i fixed the game list <3)

Nothing like a little trial and error :) ... glad it's fixed now.

1 hour ago, EduInmigrante said:

Now i just need to know how to change the PLATFORM name.

Want to change the "PLATFORMS" string? Hmm ... there's not an easy way to do that -- it's currently buried in the code.

5 hours ago, EduInmigrante said:

The thing is... if i change the Launchbox language to spanish, the BigBox don't show the "PLATFORM" string.

I see ... that is a problem, and I'm able to reproduce it on my setup. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll have to look for a solution but it will probably take a while. In the meantime, you could comment out the section in the XAML that displays the title and resize some of the grid rows; look for PlatformSelectorHeader, e.g.:

<!--
                            <RowDefinition Height="40*"  />
                            <RowDefinition Height="320*" />
                            <RowDefinition Height="1740*"/>
-->
<RowDefinition Height="50*"  />
<RowDefinition Height="0*"   />
<RowDefinition Height="2050*"/>
                            <RowDefinition Height="60*"  />
                        </Grid.RowDefinitions>
<!--
                        <Grid Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" Style="{StaticResource NostGridCachedCompo}">
                            <aop:PlatformSelectorHeader Style="{StaticResource NostSelectorHeader_PLAT}" ViewTitle="{Binding Path=Title}" />
                        </Grid>
-->

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

very good friend theme, come here because I used the viking videos with the default theme but I see that this is much better is great.
I have some questions on the theme.
with this theme the viking videos do not look good, from where I could download the videosnaps that come inside the screens in those videos?
I see that the new playlists of the mame are not made yet, will you implement them in the future?
thank you and sorry for the english I speak spanish and I had to translate

15 hours ago, xzerox said:

from where I could download the videosnaps that come inside the screens in those videos?

Glad you like the theme. You can download platform and playlist videos in LaunchBox. Goto Tools -> Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos. As for game videos: you can get those from emumovies, which is easy if you're an emumovies member since you can just link your emumovies account to LaunchBox and download these movies along with other game metadata. If you're not an emumovies member, you should still be able to download many (all?) of the game videos but it'll be much more time consuming.

15 hours ago, xzerox said:

new playlists of the mame are not made yet, will you implement them in the future?

Which playlists? I've already implemented many of these, but not sure if there are new playlists since I last looked. I don't use mame playlists so don't really keep up with them, but I can add more if needed. Look here to see the playlists I've already included in Nostalgia:

..\LaunchBox\Themes\Nostalgia\Views\Images\AVLF\Playlists

Hello, thanks for answering.
Regarding the videos, I think I should make an account with emumovies and see how it goes.
Regarding the mame playlist are these:
Playlists for arcade genres - 2-Player, 4-Player, Ball & Paddle, Beat Em Ups, Board & Card, Fighting, Flying, Light Gun, Maze, MultiGames, Pinball Arcade, Platform, Puzzle, Racing, Run & Gun, Shoot Em Ups, Shooter, Sports

these are in the following link in case you want to see them in video

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/1157-nostalgia-169-video-additions-set/

greetings and thanks

1506541574_FightingGames16x9.mp4_snapsho

1611766228_4-PlayerGames16x9.mp4_snapsho

1469162541_PlatformGames16x9.mp4_snapsho

Edited by xzerox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xzerox said:

these are in the following link in case you want to see them in video

Thanks for the link. Those videos by @dragon57 look nice, and I should be able to include them in nostalgia if okay with him. It'll take me a few weeks at least because I've got a project in the works for my day job, but I'll get it done.

• 1 month later...