LaunchBox Community Forums

On 06/11/2017 at 5:52 PM, neil9000 said:

Yeah and it only seems to be the initial input when backing out of the platform, once that freeze/pause has ended I can scroll through my whole platform list just fine, backgrounds pop in just as they should while moving through the list, it's just that initial back out from a games list to the platform list that hangs for between 5-10 seconds on my system.

Exactly the same

• Thanks 1

On 06/11/2017 at 5:52 PM, neil9000 said:

Yeah and it only seems to be the initial input when backing out of the platform, once that freeze/pause has ended I can scroll through my whole platform list just fine, backgrounds pop in just as they should while moving through the list, it's just that initial back out from a games list to the platform list that hangs for between 5-10 seconds on my system.

Just removed videos for platform and platform categories to eliminate video size problems but the delay issues still exist with static video

8 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks @Robbyd78. Think I found the problem and working on a solution. I'll send a test version to you, @Omen, and @neil9000 possibly today.

Nice one, great theme btw. Best BB by a mile. Just in case you didn’t already know although you more than likely do, I removed static video so no video playing at al and delay is still there?  Does this mean we can rule out the issue being linked to vlc/wmp?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robbyd78 said:

Nice one, great theme btw. Best BB by a mile.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

3 minutes ago, Robbyd78 said:

I removed static video so no video playing at al and delay is still there?  Does this mean we can rule out the issue being linked to vlc/wmp?

Yes, it happens for both VLC/WMP. The plugin crunches on data in LB to support some of the theme elements, and it was doing this for all platforms, categories, and playlists at once.  I'm trying a less aggressive approach and will see if that fixes the issue for y'all.  I can't reproduce the issue on my setup, so I'll send y'all an updated version for testing when it's done. 

On 11/5/2017 at 9:39 AM, neil9000 said:

Thanks for looking into it. I have narrowed it down some more and it only happens when using vlc. In this video I launch bigbox while using WMP and don't get the error, I then switch to VLC and re-launch bigbox and I hit the error.

@neil9000 are you still getting this error with the update I pm'd last week?

44 minutes ago, Zanak said:

Got this error in beta5:

OSy3iIW.png

It happens no matter what  view I switch to.

Getting exactly the same error @eatkinola, it happens on every view so the theme is unusable at the moment. It just throws the error and displays the default theme instead. I see it is looking for background music in the error message, I don't have any and that option is turned off in the Bigbox settings on my system.

Edit:

In fact I do not have a Background folder in the music folder period, I believe the user has to create the folder if they want it, so maybe that's the issue?

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Getting exactly the same error @eatkinola, it happens on every view so the theme is unusable at the moment. It just throws the error and displays the default theme instead. I see it is looking for background music in the error message, I don't have any and that option is turned off in the Bigbox settings on my system.

Edit:

In fact I do not have a Background folder in the music folder period, I believe the user has to create the folder if they want it, so maybe that's the issue?

@Zanak, @neil9000: Thanks for reporting that bug. Good thing I left it as a beta! I assumed the Background folder would always be there, but looks like it's not created unless background music is enabled in Bigbox. I just need to add a check in the code, and that's an easy fix. I'll post the fix when I'm back home later today. In the meantime, creating an empty Background folder in LaunchBox\Music should allow the theme to work.

Thanks @eatkinola, I can confirm that creating a empty background folder does fix the issue. However one little issue I am having with the arcade Flyers/Boxes, a lot of them are not showing for me. As you can see in the below shots in Launchbox I have boxes/flyers for all the Capcom 194* games, but they are not showing in the theme as you can see from the other images. All other platforms are working fine, just seems to be anything Arcade related for some reason.

Thanks again.

Screenshot (152).png

Screenshot (153).png

Screenshot (154).png

Screenshot (155).png

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

However one little issue I am having with the arcade Flyers/Boxes, a lot of them are not showing for me. As you can see in the below shots in Launchbox I have boxes/flyers for all the Capcom 194* games, but they are not showing in the theme as you can see from the other images. All other platforms are working fine, just seems to be anything Arcade related for some reason.

If you view the "Arcade" platform itself, are the boxes still missing? Does it occur consistently or only for some games?

6 hours ago, eatkinola said:

@Zanak, @neil9000: Thanks for reporting that bug. Good thing I left it as a beta! I assumed the Background folder would always be there, but looks like it's not created unless background music is enabled in Bigbox. I just need to add a check in the code, and that's an easy fix. I'll post the fix when I'm back home later today. In the meantime, creating an empty Background folder in LaunchBox\Music should allow the theme to work.

Uploaded beta6 to fix that problem. Long live beta6! (hopefully longer than 5)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, eatkinola said:

If you view the "Arcade" platform itself, are the boxes still missing? Does it occur consistently or only for some games?

Yeah the arcade platform and the arcade playlists are the same, and yes it is not all games, images show for some, although not very many. If I had to guess I would say around 90-95% don't show images even though I have them. They show in Launchbox and also in all other themes I have used, so it seems specific to nostalgia.

3 hours ago, Zanak said:

I have all my mame games lumped in the arcade platform, so it shows up as the dell monitor screen for me for some reason.

Yeah I have the Arcade platform as well as the playlists as that is the way Launchbox does it by default. I had issues with the Arcade platform showing that dell monitor also as it is the default for if there is no image for a platform. I also had issues when I added the line of code to the index files, as for some reason when I did that it would affect all my playlists, I would still have the correct backgrounds in the platform list but when I went into a arcade gamelist it was always the arcade background instead of the correct one from the previous platform wheel. The way I fixed it on my system was to make the arcade background the default. So I deleted the default background, copy and pasted the arcade background and renamed it to the same as the default, then had to edit the index file in order to copy and over right the video placement location as the Arcade is different to the monitor placement. This works fine for me as all my other platforms have background images, but if you had other platforms without a image it would show the arcade instead of the monitor. 

On 11/27/2017 at 12:51 PM, neil9000 said:

one little issue I am having with the arcade Flyers/Boxes, a lot of them are not showing for me. As you can see in the below shots in Launchbox I have boxes/flyers for all the Capcom 194* games, but they are not showing in the theme as you can see from the other images. All other platforms are working fine, just seems to be anything Arcade related for some reason.

This is probably due to how LB creates those Arcade playlists. I don't currently use Mame so didn't notice that. Would you please pm me your Launchbox\Data folder? That might provide some clues I can use to fix it. If that doesn't pan out, I'll try to setup Mame for further debugging.

15 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

This is probably due to how LB creates those Arcade playlists. I don't currently use Mame so didn't notice that. Would you please pm me your Launchbox\Data folder? That might provide some clues I can use to fix it. If that doesn't pan out, I'll try to setup Mame for further debugging.

Yeah sure I will pm you my data folder in a sec. Thing is though, they did work 2 or 3 betas back this is a recent issue that may have been introduced when you fixed the background loading issue me and omen were having, I just didn't notice it at the time, but it has been in the last couple of betas.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dandugdale said:

Hi guys,

can anyone tell me how you managed to get the videos to display correctly, I always get them doubling up with the overal showing twice, once as the background, then inside of the screen, so the video is really small,

please help

image.thumb.png.ba34451c37d50e9e184f7db865fadf0c.png

This is because you are using Vikings videos, you need some standard platform videos, which are just 4;3. This theme uses still images taken from those videos, then your platform videos are overlayed into the correct location to make it appear as though they are on the TV/Arcde cabinet.