LaunchBox Community Forums

On 26/12/2017 at 11:01 PM, DOS76 said:

Your BB is suffering from Inception.

Haha yeah, sorry I get my mistake now! I had used Vikings videos in the overlay instead of standard videos, switched it out and now it looks great! Awesome theme. Might be worth mentioning how to add the videos in the install info (and not to pick Vikings videos) cheers!!

@eatkinola Is there any way to add favorites to the empty area under the TV screens in the Platform categories, specifically the PlatformWheel1FiltersView view? Is that area a column? If it is could the favorites be added to that column and aligned to the bottom? I'm probably way over my head so if it's not possible no biggie. The current version of the theme is working great BTW!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, zengeek said:

Hey @eatkinola congratulations on your wonderful theme.

Thanks, glad you like it.

On 1/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, zengeek said:

Would it be possible to implement the game details under the cover flow wheel as @Hexxxer has done in the latest version of his amazing futurestate theme in the platform wheel 1&3 view.

Yes, Futurestate is great.  Would you please be more specific?  I don't see that in Futurestate's Platform 1&3 views (@Hexxxer), but I see something like that in his Game Wheel 4 view.  In Nostalgia, the platform or game wheel fades out after a few seconds of inactivity to reveal the game details; screenshots:

Screenshot-Platform-Wheel-3.jpg.668b04af04c0c37f51e21ce664923ff6.thumb.jpg.344d7dbf988419e25ff4988ae6443d12.jpgScreenshot-Game-Wheel-2.jpg.21a72dfeb432b4f9bfd90c367959639a.thumb.jpg.2fb89af35609359b81da9300a82bbfdc.jpg

On 1/4/2018 at 12:35 PM, Omen said:

@eatkinola Is there any way to add favorites to the empty area under the TV screens in the Platform categories, specifically the PlatformWheel1FiltersView view? Is that area a column? If it is could the favorites be added to that column and aligned to the bottom? I'm probably way over my head so if it's not possible no biggie. The current version of the theme is working great BTW!

Hey Omen. You mean the Favorites and/or Recent games controls? Edit: Similar to the text-based view as such:

Screenshot-Platform-Text.jpg.b43fe18ef041c82e3111b36c09cb5cc0.thumb.jpg.ded4109f3be7e1868eed68ca3aa5b722.jpg

Edited by eatkinola
clarification

Is the 1.0 version only for Launchbox 8+?  I'm still on the 7.16 official release and get an exception error/BB crash whenever I try to switch to Nostalgia.  I can get you the error if you wish, but if this is for 8+ then there is no need to report the error I guess :)

On 1/20/2018 at 9:23 AM, CDBlue said:

Is the 1.0 version only for Launchbox 8+?  I'm still on the 7.16 official release and get an exception error/BB crash whenever I try to switch to Nostalgia.  I can get you the error if you wish, but if this is for 8+ then there is no need to report the error I guess :)

Yes, Nostalgia 1.0 requires LB 8+ as it uses some new plugin features.  1.0-beta7 will work with 7.16.

@eatkinola I added the code and played around with it, but I cant figure out how to make the  list scrolling. Currently if there are only a few favorites it's ok, but if there are a lot then the list is huge, with tiny icons. Is there a way to limit how many are shown and make it scroll like the default theme?

Here is the code I added:

<!-- FAVORITE/RECENT GAMES LIST-O-BOXES -->
                    <Viewbox Grid.Column="2" Grid.Row="2" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" HorizontalAlignment="Center">
                        <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding TopBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding TopBoxesView}" Style="{StaticResource NostFavoriteRecentList}" />
                    </Viewbox>

Normal.thumb.png.e0f2ba70f26fdb8a983535a7df7153a1.pngSmall.thumb.png.1f68521519cfdc4fe2c470e0ae52118f.png

20 minutes ago, Omen said:

Here is the code I added:

Hey @Omen. Looks good so far -- replacing Viewbox with Grid should fix the problem. A Viewbox automatically scales its contents so everything is visible and takes up as much space as possible. In this case, it's making the horizontal list of boxes tiny so it displays the entire list at once.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Hey @Omen. Looks good so far -- replacing Viewbox with Grid should fix the problem. A Viewbox automatically scales its contents so everything is visible and takes up as much space as possible. In this case, it's making the horizontal list of boxes tiny so it displays the entire list at once.

That worked! Thanks man, I'd be lost without your help. Nostalgia is still by far my favorite theme.

• Like 1

Released version 1.1-beta1. The primary addition is simulated CRT curvature for those old TV and computer screens. To do this, it projects the video (or screenshot) onto part of a sphere using a 3D viewport. This feature is only activated when BB is configured to use the WMP video engine (restart BB after making this selection). VLC used with the CRT curvature control causes freezes, so the theme simply disables CRT curvature when BB is configured to use VLC. I'm hopeful @Jason Carr can help me figure out the issues with VLC freezes. VLC otherwise works fine in Nostalgia; just not when mixed with the CRT curvature control.

Please note the @INDEX files within the theme's AVLF directory are updated to define the appropriate curvature for each platform background.

ALSO NOTE: As with Nostalgia v1, LaunchBox 8+ (currently in beta) is also required for Nostalgia v1.1-beta1.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to go to playlists it just says "Loading..." and don't seem to generate anything . I already have one playlist so I don't fully understand. 

I know the plugin is supossed to generate new playlists but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there a way of disabling it and applying it before the theme loads? 

5 hours ago, NickG said:

When I try to go to playlists it just says "Loading..." and don't seem to generate anything . I already have one playlist so I don't fully understand. 

I know the plugin is supossed to generate new playlists but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there a way of disabling it and applying it before the theme loads?

What version of LB are you running? The plugin that generates playlists is different from the one included with Nostalgia. The plugin is called AO Bigbox Customs and should be placed in the LaunchBox Plugins directory. The version of AO Bigbox Customs posted on the forum is a bit out of date, and I wonder if it's incompatible with Nostalgia -- I'll have to post a new version of the plugin. In the meantime, you can try this version recently compiled which works on my system with Nostalgia:

Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.dll

If you use this new version, be sure to remove the old version from the LaunchBox Plugins directory.

8 hours ago, eatkinola said:

What version of LB are you running? The plugin that generates playlists is different from the one included with Nostalgia. The plugin is called AO Bigbox Customs and should be placed in the LaunchBox Plugins directory. The version of AO Bigbox Customs posted on the forum is a bit out of date, and I wonder if it's incompatible with Nostalgia -- I'll have to post a new version of the plugin. In the meantime, you can try this version recently compiled which works on my system with Nostalgia:

Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.dll

If you use this new version, be sure to remove the old version from the LaunchBox Plugins directory.

Thank you for your help. I am running the last beta version of LB. Yes, the older version seems to be incompatible with the current one. 

About your plugin' current version; It works! Even though it only gives 10 games lists instead of the older 20, (Is there a way to change this or changing it can cause incompatibilities?) and only seem to generate a new playlist when I start BigBox (maybe because the plugin that comes with the theme is the theme's subfolder and it activates the launchbox plugin?).

It's an awesome plugin. With this, I will have a few good casual random gaming sessions with bigbox.

Thank you!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NickG said:

Even though it only gives 10 games lists instead of the older 20, (Is there a way to change this?)

Sure, look for the Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.dll.txt file in the same directory as the plugin. Edit the FavoriteCount, RandomCount, etc. This feature (to change the counts) was broken in the current version of the plugin, so please use the version attached to this post.

4 hours ago, NickG said:

only seem to generate a new playlist when I start BigBox

I modified to plugin so playlists are also generated when LB starts, so it'll work for both LB and BB now.

Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.dll

Edited by eatkinola
attached fixed version of plugin