LaunchBox Community Forums

7 hours ago, yelever said:

Just started using Big Box and this theme and love it.  Was using Attract Mode for a long time but switched over.  Was wondering if any of the Microsoft MSX computers will be added in the future?

Yes, I can add backgrounds. Like this (from viking's platform video)?

MICROSOFT_MSX.thumb.png.e8a85f859ab346e36e0b9686a7716a95.png

6 hours ago, yelever said:

Also I'm having a little trouble getting wheel art and box art showing when browsing different systems.  Does the artwork have to be in a certain place?

The artwork does not need to be in a special place. You might be using the Text Details with Details view, which does not show box art or clear logos. Other views in this theme do show these images, e.g., the clear logo wheel view will fade to these images once you've made a platform or game selection. Bigbox themes can contain multiple platform and game views. To change the view, go to Bigbox settings: Sysmenu -> Options -> Views --> change value for Games List View and Platforms list view. Alternately, you can map a keyboard key to the "Switch View" function:

Sysmenu -> Options -> Keyboard Mappings -> Switch View (choose key for mapping)

I've mapped the spacebar to this function, so pressing the spacebar will cycle through platform and game views.

P.s. Please note some views are not working with the current version of LaunchBox; I'm working on a fix for those and will hopefully post in a week or two.

P.p.s. If you're still having trouble with the theme, posting an image of what you're seeing might allow me to provide more help.

Edited by eatkinola
more information

32 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

The artwork does not need to be in a special place. You might be using the Text Details with Details view, which does not show box art or clear logos. Other views in this theme do show these images, e.g., the clear logo wheel view will fade to these images once you've made a platform or game selection. Bigbox themes can contain multiple platform and game views. To change the view, go to Bigbox settings: Sysmenu -> Options -> Views --> change value for Games List View and Platforms list view. Alternately, you can map a keyboard key to the "Switch View" function:

Sysmenu -> Options -> Keyboard Mappings -> Switch View (choose key for mapping)

I've mapped the spacebar to this function, so pressing the spacebar will cycle through platform and game views.

P.s. Please note some views are not working with the current version of LaunchBox; I'm working on a fix for those and will hopefully post in a week or two.

P.p.s. If you're still having trouble with the theme, posting an image of what you're seeing might allow me to provide more help.

Got it working.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.  I love how each platform shows the system.    I would love to learn to make themes but it looks way to complicated.  I was thinking of something like this as I have artwork for a ton of different backgrounds for different systems but as I said I wouldn't know where to start.

Microsoft MSX.png

Commodore 64.png

Edited by yelever

2 minutes ago, yelever said:

I was thinking of something like this but as I said I wouldn't know where to start.

You might want to checkout the Unified series of themes; they have a look similar to that picture you posted. There are multiple versions of the Unified theme in the downloads section.

6 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

You might want to checkout the Unified series of themes; they have a look similar to that picture you posted. There are multiple versions of the Unified theme in the downloads section.

I've checked that theme out and it uses videos for the main screens which is a pain to get each one.  I like how yours uses static image files.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.2909b83c4c6991b71de70865146079c2.pngI keep getting this error when trying to remove the year from the left side of the screen. I saw you where able to help some one else with this and used the example you provided him, but I'm unable to get past this error. It does however remove the year and readjust the platforms menu but i keeping getting this error when navigating the menu. Have I missed a step? Thank you in advance and thank you for the awesome theme.

19 hours ago, drunkfists said:

Have I missed a step?

You'll probably also need to comment out some things at the bottom of the wheel view files, such as this in PlatformWheel1FiltersView:

<!-- DETAILS ON (WILL SHOW THE METADATA ICONS, BOXART, ETC.) -->
            <TextBlock Style="{StaticResource NostSideAnimeTriggerDetails_PLAT_ON}">
                <TextBlock.Triggers>
                    <EventTrigger RoutedEvent="Binding.TargetUpdated">
                        <BeginStoryboard Storyboard="{StaticResource NostMetadataFade_SB}" />
<!--
                        <BeginStoryboard Storyboard="{StaticResource NostSelectorFade_SB}" />
-->
                    </EventTrigger>
                </TextBlock.Triggers>
            </TextBlock>

<!-- DETAILS OFF (WILL ONLY FADEOUT VERTYEAR WHEN SCROLLING) -->
            <TextBlock Style="{StaticResource NostSideAnimeTriggerDetails_PLAT_OFF}">
                <TextBlock.Triggers>
                    <EventTrigger RoutedEvent="Binding.TargetUpdated">
                        <BeginStoryboard Storyboard="{StaticResource NostMetadataFade_SB_YEAR}" />
<!--
                        <BeginStoryboard Storyboard="{StaticResource NostSelectorFade_SB_YEAR}" />
-->
                  </EventTrigger>
                </TextBlock.Triggers>
            </TextBlock>

I don't have time to test that now but you can try it out. You're the second person to ask for this change, so maybe I'll work in a toggle where you can easily turn the date on/off. I really need to finish an update for this theme, and if you want to just wait for the update perhaps I can add that change. Glad to hear you like the theme; was quite a chore to put together.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I'll wait for an update a toggle would be awesome, I just keep breaking it lol. I have one other question when I download the videos in launch box for the platforms video in tools. I use the viking videos and it ends up playing the video inside of a video image. Thanks for the help.

picture.PNG

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, drunkfists said:

I use the viking videos and it ends up playing the video inside of a video image.

Ah that's the infamous inception effect. I love viking's videos which is why I made a theme around them. When using Nostalgia, I recommend using a set of platform videos that are not vikings. That way you can see his backgrounds but have your own platform and game images playing in the TV, handheld, arcade, etc.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

First of all, thanks for the best Bigbox theme ever made!!!
I really love this so hard and muchh <3<3<3

Now. I have some questions:
1-When I mark a game as broken, why dont show an broken icon?
2-In my game list view, the logo of the game show on top and botton. Is there a way to change it?
image.thumb.png.15604c55934ebe607c05cc5b00243d60.png...Because in plataform list, you can see the plataform logo on top and some other logo on botton and i want to see game list like that.image.thumb.png.e1cff0303189f91e67dcb3404f92344e.png

And, in the ARCADE screenshot, you can see the text: Calificaciones de Estrellas in spanish, the translation is a bit large and dont need to be like that. Only with "Calificaciones" is enough! Is there a way to change it?

Sorry about my bad english :(

11 hours ago, EduInmigrante said:

1-When I mark a game as broken, why dont show an broken icon?

You can edit a line in Views\Styles\Nostalgia.xaml to add the broken icon:

<Style x:Key="NostMetadataIcons_GAME" TargetType="aop:GameMetadataIcons" BasedOn="{StaticResource NostMetadataIcons}">
    <Setter Property="FieldOrder" Value="GameGenre,GamePlayMode,GameAgeRating,GameStarRating,GameBroken" />
</Style>

Possible values for fields include:

Spoiler

GameAgeRating,         // age rating, e.g., ESRB or PEGI
            GameBroken,            // toggle: broken or not
            GameCompleted,         // toggle: completed or not
            GameController,        // custom field AoController
            GameEmulator,          // emulator specified
            GameFavorite,          // toggle: favorite or not
            GameGenre,             // same as GameGenre1
            GameGenre1,            // game genre listed first
            GameGenre2,            // game genre listed second
            GameGenre3,            // game genre listed third
            GamePlatform,          // game's platform
            GamePlatformCategory,  // game's platform's category
            GamePlayMode,          // same as GamePlayMode1
            GamePlayMode1,         // play mode listed first
            GamePlayMode2,         // play mode listed second
            GamePlayMode3,         // play mode listed third
            GamePortable,          // toggle: portable or not
            GameRegion,            // game region
            GameStarRating,        // game star rating

2-In my game list view, the logo of the game show on top and botton. Is there a way to change it?

Yes, the image displayed on the bottom is the main game image you selected for the game's platform. To change this, go into this view for a particular platform then press the hotkey you setup to cycle through these images, e.g., clear logo, box front, etc. You can assign a hotkey in the BB settings menu for keyboard mapping, i.e., the mapping for "Switch Image Type" (in English).

And, in the ARCADE screenshot, you can see the text: Calificaciones de Estrellas in spanish, the translation is a bit large and dont need to be like that. Only with "Calificaciones" is enough! Is there a way to change it?

I don't speak Spanish and did the translations myself using Google. Not ideal, and I'd appreciate if you'd take a look at the translations (hidden below) and provide suggestions.

Spoiler
!TRANSLATORS eatkinola
TNL_DN4RECENT Prensa Abajo para Juegos Reciente
TNL_UP4FAVORITES Prensa Arriba para Favoritos (si los hay)
X_BACK Volver
X_CATEGORIES Categorías
X_CATEGORY Categoría
X_COMPLETED Terminado
X_CONTROLLER Controlador
X_CONTROLLERS Controladores
X_CONTROLS Controles
X_CPU UPC
X_DEVELOPER Desarrollador
X_DEVELOPERS Desarrolladores
X_DISPLAY Monitor
X_FAVORITE Favorito