LaunchBox Community Forums

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

and I'd appreciate if you'd take a look at the translations (hidden below) and provide suggestions

P.s. I'll have to include these changes in the next release of the theme, as these translations are bundled in the Ao.Bigbox.Themer plugin.

Hey i made the translation, hope you don't mind @EduInmigrante, @eatkinola helped me out a few times so i want to return the favour ?.

Spoiler
TRANSLATORS eatkinola
TNL_DN4RECENT Pulsa abajo para juegos recientes
TNL_UP4FAVORITES Pulsa arriba para favoritos (si los hay)
X_BACK Volver
X_CATEGORIES Categorías
X_CATEGORY Categoría
X_COMPLETED Terminados
X_CONTROLLER Mando
X_CONTROLLERS Mandos
X_CONTROLS Controles
X_CPU CPU
X_DEVELOPER Desarrollador
X_DEVELOPERS Desarrolladores
X_DISPLAY Monitor
X_FAVORITE Favorito
X_FAVORITES Favoritos
X_GAME Juego
X_GAMES Juegos
X_GAMES_ALL Todos los juegos
X_GAMES_AVAILABLE Juegos disponibles
X_GENRE Género
X_GENRES Géneros
X_GRAPHICS Gráficos
X_LOAD Cargar
X_MANUAL Manual
X_MANUFACTURER Fabricante
X_MEDIA Media
X_MEMORY Memoria
X_MOVE Mover
X_OPTIONS Opciones
X_PLATFORM Plataforma
X_PLATFORMS Plataformas
X_PLAYED_LAST Recientemente jugado
X_PLAYED_MOST Más Jugado
X_PLAYERS Jugadores
X_PLAYLIST Lista de reproducción
X_PLAYLISTS Listas de reproducción
X_PLAYMODE Modo de juego
X_PLAYMODES Modos de juego
X_PROGRESS Progreso
X_PUBLISHERS Editores
X_QUIT Salir
X_RATING_AGE Clasificación de edad
X_RATING_STARS Puntuación
X_RATINGS Puntuaciones
X_RECENT Reciente
X_REGION Región
X_REGIONS Regiones
X_RESET Reiniciar
X_RESUME Continuar
X_SAVE Guardar
X_SELECT Seleccionar
X_SERIES Serie
X_SOUND Sonido
X_SOURCES Fuentes
X_STATUSES Estados
X_SYSMENU Sistema
X_YEAR Año

Explanation

Spoiler

1- There is a difference between english and spanish in the use of capital letters for titles, in spanish you should only use one at the beginning of the title and in proper nouns.

2- "Calificaciones" is technically correct, but in this context it is more correct to use "puntuación" and/or the plural form "puntuaciones".

3- UCP is also correct as the acronym used in spanish for "Unidad Central de Procesamiento". But most people use the english one (CPU).

4- I'm not sure if there is a word in spanish for "media" in this context. "Medios de comunicación" is used to refer to radio,television,press,etcetera as a whole.  

5- "Lista de Reproducción" sounds weird to me... i understand "Lista de reproducción" as a set of music tracks, but i wasn't sure so i didn't change it.

6- You can translate quit as "salir", "cerrar" or "abandonar". "Dejar" is to leave.

7- The physical object with buttons is "mando" in spanish, "controlador" is more common as the translation for driver.

8- "Prensa" is used for newspappers and/or magazines. The spanish verbs for press are "pulsar" or "presionar".

9- Other changes are "Sonar" (verb) for "Sonido" (noun), "Reinicializar" (incorrect) for "Reiniciar" (correct) and "Terminado" (singular) for "Terminados" (plural).

Edited by qu1r0s
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, qu1r0s said:

Hey i made the translation, hope you don't mind @EduInmigrante, @eatkinola helped me out a few times so i want to return the favour ?.

Hide contents
TRANSLATORS eatkinola
TNL_DN4RECENT Pulsa abajo para juegos recientes
TNL_UP4FAVORITES Pulsa arriba para favoritos (si los hay)
X_BACK Volver
X_CATEGORIES Categorías
X_CATEGORY Categoría
X_COMPLETED Terminados
X_CONTROLLER Mando
X_CONTROLLERS Mandos
X_CONTROLS Controles
X_CPU CPU
X_DEVELOPER Desarrollador
X_DEVELOPERS Desarrolladores
X_DISPLAY Monitor
X_FAVORITE Favorito
X_FAVORITES Favoritos
X_GAME Juego
X_GAMES Juegos
X_GAMES_ALL Todos los juegos
X_GAMES_AVAILABLE Juegos disponibles
X_GENRE Género
X_GENRES Géneros
X_GRAPHICS Gráficos
X_LOAD Cargar
X_MANUAL Manual
X_MANUFACTURER Fabricante
X_MEDIA Media
X_MEMORY Memoria
X_MOVE Mover
X_OPTIONS Opciones
X_PLATFORM Plataforma
X_PLATFORMS Plataformas
X_PLAYED_LAST Recientemente jugado
X_PLAYED_MOST Más Jugado
X_PLAYERS Jugadores
X_PLAYLIST Lista de reproducción
X_PLAYLISTS Listas de reproducción
X_PLAYMODE Modo de juego
X_PLAYMODES Modos de juego
X_PROGRESS Progreso
X_PUBLISHERS Editores
X_QUIT Salir
X_RATING_AGE Clasificación de edad
X_RATING_STARS Puntuación
X_RATINGS Puntuaciones
X_RECENT Reciente
X_REGION Región
X_REGIONS Regiones
X_RESET Reiniciar
X_RESUME Continuar
X_SAVE Guardar
X_SELECT Seleccionar
X_SERIES Serie
X_SOUND Sonido
X_SOURCES Fuentes
X_STATUSES Estados
X_SYSMENU Sistema
X_YEAR Año

Explanation

Hide contents

1- There is a difference between english and spanish in the use of capital letters for titles, in spanish you should only use one at the beginning of the title and in proper nouns.

2- "Calificaciones" is technically correct, but in this context it is more correct to use "puntuación" and/or the plural form "puntuaciones".

3- UCP is also correct as the acronym used in spanish for "Unidad Central de Procesamiento". But most people use the english one (CPU).

4- I'm not sure if there is a word in spanish for "media" in this context. "Medios de comunicación" is used to refer to radio,television,press,etcetera as a whole.  

5- "Lista de Reproducción" sounds weird to me... i understand "Lista de reproducción" as a set of music tracks, but i wasn't sure so i didn't change it.

6- You can translate quit as "salir", "cerrar" or "abandonar". "Dejar" is to leave.

7- The physical object with buttons is "mando" in spanish, "controlador" is more common as the translation for driver.

8- "Prensa" is used for newspappers and/or magazines. The spanish verbs for press are "pulsar" or "presionar".

9- Other changes are "Sonar" (verb) for "Sonido" (noun), "Reinicializar" (incorrect) for "Reiniciar" (correct) and "Terminado" (singular) for "Terminados" (plural).

This one is pure perfect man ❤️ Thanks a lot! Rope this spanish fix get into the theme update soon!

10 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Yes, the image displayed on the bottom is the main game image you selected for the game's platform. To change this, go into this view for a particular platform then press the hotkey you setup to cycle through these images, e.g., clear logo, box front, etc. You can assign a hotkey in the BB settings menu for keyboard mapping, i.e., the mapping for "Switch Image Type" (in English).

Yes, its works but every time i change the platform or restart BigBox, the game list show the clear logo on both places. Is there a way to only show the 3dBox or whatever i choose for any game?

On 5/24/2019 at 4:45 AM, EduInmigrante said:

Something about add a broken icon, give me this error when i select a broken game on list. And the theme goes crazy xD

Thanks for the screenshot -- looks correct. I'll do some digging and if a fix is needed include it with the next theme update.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:55 AM, EduInmigrante said:

Yes, its works but every time i change the platform or restart BigBox, the game list show the clear logo on both places. Is there a way to only show the 3dBox or whatever i choose for any game?

Hmm, I'm surprised it's not remembering your setting. Is there perhaps another BB setting keeping it from remembering your image choice for a particular platform. Is the image choice you are making remembered when using other themes?

10 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Hmm, I'm surprised it's not remembering your setting. Is there perhaps another BB setting keeping it from remembering your image choice for a particular platform. Is the image choice you are making remembered when using other themes?

Sometimes BB remember, sometimes dont. And i didnt tryed another theme :/

I will give a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, i dont know why but after the last Launchbox/Bigbox update, my nostalgia works so bad.
Wheels, videos and changes beetween platform or games take so long, and in some cases all Bigbox crash!

I really want to make a video just to show how bad my system run now with Nostalgia.
I tryed others Themes and everyone work clean, fast and perfect, but only Nostalgia works bad.

Thats sad because i only like nostalgia T.T

I tryed a fresh install of everything and now in my list i only gave MAME with 3000 games and AAE with only 37 games.
But nothing works...

Edited by EduInmigrante

55 minutes ago, EduInmigrante said:

Guys, i dont know why but after the last Launchbox/Bigbox update, my nostalgia works so bad.

Honestly haven't tested Nostalgia in a while. A few months ago, some memory leaks were brought to my attention, and I've slowly been isolating those leaks. It's taking a long time because I have to let a theme run in attract mode for days on end. I've identified 3 of 4 (I think there are four total) leaks, and once I plug them I'll double back and take a look at Nostalgia and my other themes.

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

Honestly haven't tested Nostalgia in a while. A few months ago, some memory leaks were brought to my attention, and I've slowly been isolating those leaks. It's taking a long time because I have to let a theme run in attract mode for days on end. I've identified 3 of 4 (I think there are four total) leaks, and once I plug them I'll double back and take a look at Nostalgia and my other themes.

Just downloaded a fresh version and tested. It is working. I did notice from platform to platform there was some occasional lag, but no crashes like @Edulnmigrante mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

If there is anytthing i can do, i will be happy to help. Saddly im not good with codes :/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 3:08 PM, eatkinola said:

UPDATED to v1.9 -- see changelog on download page for details

First off, I love this theme! I love the minimal look and the old devices an peripherals. 
But right now, I'm ready to start pulling out my hair ?

I've been using the Nostalgia theme on my emulation PC for quite a while without any problems. The platform select screen loads in PNG's with cutouts for the platform's monitor and there random game video's are loaded in the way it's supposed to.

Recently I've moved my complete emulation PC into an Arcade1Up cabinet with a 4:3 ratio screen. At first the theme filled out the screen fine, but the images were squeezed to fit the new ratio. Then I tried to update the theme with the 4:3 video's but that didn't work out. I got the 'inception' thingy going on (I've seen more people having this problem).

So I updated the theme to the newly released 1.9 version and now it won't fill out the 4:3 screen anymore, it's fixed to 16:9 so now it looks kind of tiny with the black bars top and bottom. Updating the vids with the 4:3 set still gives the 'inception' view.

So basically my questions are:
Is it even possible to force the 1.9 theme to 4:3 ratio?
Is it possible for the theme to prioritize the Nostalgia 4:3 video's for platform views, instead of the default png's?

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction since these are literally the last things to completely finishing my build and I've lost so many hours fiddling around with it already.

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5484.jpg

Glad you like the theme, @Guidope. It's designed for 16:9 screens and won't look as intended at 4:3. However, you could allow it to stretch and fill a 4:3 screen. Look in the ThemeSettings.xml in the root of the theme's folder. There should be a tag called Force16x9... set to true -- set this instead to false, and it should then allow stretching to 4:3.

<Force16X9AspectRatio>true</Force16X9AspectRatio>
    ...change to false

The "inception" look will always happen if you use viking's videos, as I used his videos to make the backgrounds with screen cutouts. While Nostalgia is one of my favorite themes, not that I'm biased :), you might want to look into a 4x3 theme for your cabinet. There are a few out there. Another theme I created called Refaktor should work well for either 4x3 or 16x9.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/1259-rξfδktφr/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Glad you like the theme, @Guidope. It's designed for 16:9 screens and won't look as intended at 4:3. However, you could allow it to stretch and fill a 4:3 screen. Look in the ThemeSettings.xml in the root of the theme's folder. There should be a tag called Force16x9... set to true -- set this instead to false, and it should then allow stretching to 4:3.

<Force16X9AspectRatio>true</Force16X9AspectRatio>
    ...change to false

The "inception" look will always happen if you use viking's videos, as I used his videos to make the backgrounds with screen cutouts. While Nostalgia is one of my favorite themes, not that I'm biased :), you might want to look into a 4x3 theme for your cabinet. There are a few out there. Another theme I created called Refaktor should work well for either 4x3 or 16x9.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/1259-rξfδktφr/

This already helps out a bunch! To me this is the perfect theme, so I guess I'll have to live with the squeezed background image for now.

• Game On 1

1 hour ago, Guidope said:

If I were to convert all platform png's to the correct ratio, with the cutouts for the video's at exactly the right position, would it still be a lot of hassle to modify the theme code-wise? ?

After cropping those pngs, you'd need to adjust the @INDEX files in the AVLF subfolder to correctly position the videos. Then (and this is probably the hardest part), you'd need to edit each view's xaml file to adjust the layout. You'd probably also need to scrap some design elements in the process to make things fit. It could be done but will take a good bit of work.

• Thanks 1