LaunchBox Community Forums
cammelspit

Dual monitor issues with BigBox

Thanks all; I will look into this stuff again soon. It's a rather difficult problem to solve, considering that it seems to be only happening with certain video cards and driver combinations, and with different DPI settings, etc. But hopefully I can make headway soon.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks all; I will look into this stuff again soon. It's a rather difficult problem to solve, considering that it seems to be only happening with certain video cards and driver combinations, and with different DPI settings, etc. But hopefully I can make headway soon.

Can i just say...it's so bad ass that the Man...the Myth...the Legend even has time ( or the desire ) to attempt to help out?

This is seriously why i had ZERO issue paying for Launchbox. These forums are just awesome...and the moderators actually help out. I haven't even attempted the setup yet because I'm finishing the build first...and it's awesome to see this type of communication with us and the creator😎.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thegreatiandi said:

Can i just say...it's so bad ass that the Man...the Myth...the Legend even has time ( or the desire ) to attempt to help out?

This is seriously why i had ZERO issue paying for Launchbox. These forums are just awesome...and the moderators actually help out. I haven't even attempted the setup yet because I'm finishing the build first...and it's awesome to see this type of communication with us and the creator😎.

I agree 100%! 

• Like 1

Agreed too. I'm having the same problem, by the way. Running BigBox on my external 4K monitor. Despite being set up properly, the marquees don't always show on my other (laptop) screen. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I haven't yet managed to work out why. Is there any consensus yet on what is going on with this?

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Agreed too. I'm having the same problem, by the way. Running BigBox on my external 4K monitor. Despite being set up properly, the marquees don't always show on my other (laptop) screen. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I haven't yet managed to work out why. Is there any consensus yet on what is going on with this?

I haven't gone back to tackle it yet unfortunately, but it is still on my shortlist.

• Like 2

Just thought I'd add that I do have similar issues to this but if I launch the bigbox shortcut from an icon ON my second monitor, which is 4k, it works correctly. Only way I've found to get around it myself.

So, I'm having what sounds like similar issues and after some testing have what may be some useful info. So my layout is  3840x2160 monitor on left as primary running at 150% UI scale and my 1920x1080 on the right with a UI scale of 100%. In Big Box, I have no marquee screen and my main screen set to screen 2 (the ID of my smaller screen). When I start BB, regardless of which monitor I run the shortcut from, it opens on my 4k monitor at 0,0 with a resolution of 2880x1620.

If I virtually move monitor 2 to the left of my primary monitor, Big Box opens on it properly at 1920x1080, but still seems to be running at 150% scale. If I go back to the original positioning and set the smaller monitor as the primary, Big Box opens exactly how expected on it (100% scale, 1920x1080 resolution).

It also works the same as moving the second monitor to the left if I move the second monitor above the first, instead of to the left of it.

So I just thought knowing that monitor positioning has a lot to do with behavior may help with troubleshooting.

Edited by Kaylakaze
  • Like 1