LaunchBox Community Forums

Dual monitor issues with BigBox

cammelspit

Thanks all; I will look into this stuff again soon. It's a rather difficult problem to solve, considering that it seems to be only happening with certain video cards and driver combinations, and with different DPI settings, etc. But hopefully I can make headway soon.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks all; I will look into this stuff again soon. It's a rather difficult problem to solve, considering that it seems to be only happening with certain video cards and driver combinations, and with different DPI settings, etc. But hopefully I can make headway soon.

Can i just say...it's so bad ass that the Man...the Myth...the Legend even has time ( or the desire ) to attempt to help out?

This is seriously why i had ZERO issue paying for Launchbox. These forums are just awesome...and the moderators actually help out. I haven't even attempted the setup yet because I'm finishing the build first...and it's awesome to see this type of communication with us and the creator?.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thegreatiandi said:

Can i just say...it's so bad ass that the Man...the Myth...the Legend even has time ( or the desire ) to attempt to help out?

This is seriously why i had ZERO issue paying for Launchbox. These forums are just awesome...and the moderators actually help out. I haven't even attempted the setup yet because I'm finishing the build first...and it's awesome to see this type of communication with us and the creator?.

I agree 100%! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed too. I'm having the same problem, by the way. Running BigBox on my external 4K monitor. Despite being set up properly, the marquees don't always show on my other (laptop) screen. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I haven't yet managed to work out why. Is there any consensus yet on what is going on with this?

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Agreed too. I'm having the same problem, by the way. Running BigBox on my external 4K monitor. Despite being set up properly, the marquees don't always show on my other (laptop) screen. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I haven't yet managed to work out why. Is there any consensus yet on what is going on with this?

I haven't gone back to tackle it yet unfortunately, but it is still on my shortlist.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, I'm having what sounds like similar issues and after some testing have what may be some useful info. So my layout is  3840x2160 monitor on left as primary running at 150% UI scale and my 1920x1080 on the right with a UI scale of 100%. In Big Box, I have no marquee screen and my main screen set to screen 2 (the ID of my smaller screen). When I start BB, regardless of which monitor I run the shortcut from, it opens on my 4k monitor at 0,0 with a resolution of 2880x1620.

If I virtually move monitor 2 to the left of my primary monitor, Big Box opens on it properly at 1920x1080, but still seems to be running at 150% scale. If I go back to the original positioning and set the smaller monitor as the primary, Big Box opens exactly how expected on it (100% scale, 1920x1080 resolution).

It also works the same as moving the second monitor to the left if I move the second monitor above the first, instead of to the left of it.

So I just thought knowing that monitor positioning has a lot to do with behavior may help with troubleshooting.

Edited by Kaylakaze
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Has there been any solution to this problem? I have a 4K monitor as my main screen and bought a vitrolight cut bar LCD for a marquee screen and cannot even get the marquee image to appear on my bar LCD. It's showing 2 bigbox window images on my main screen in the task bar

On 11/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, cmmidd01 said:

Has there been any solution to this problem? I have a 4K monitor as my main screen and bought a vitrolight cut bar LCD for a marquee screen and cannot even get the marquee image to appear on my bar LCD. It's showing 2 bigbox window images on my main screen in the task bar

Can you take a picture of this for me? I know that issues like this somehow come down to video drivers, screen placement, and differing DPIs between the monitors. You may be able to resolve it by playing with those settings or upgrading your video drivers.

I had a windows update, was able to change my 4K resolution to 1080 and moved the marquee monitor position directly above the main screen on the display settings. Now it is working. Not sure which of those changes made it work, but i'm glad it's fixed. Spent way too much money on that marquee to not have it working. Thanks

• Like 1

Well what do you know I got it to work as well @Jason Carr, I decided to experiment with different settings again and what worked for me was the following; I had my 4k screen dpi text scaling set to 200% and the marquee screen at 175%, what fixed it for me was setting the 4K screen to 175% as well. Text is a bit smaller now in windows but I can get used to that. I could have sworn I've set both to 100% at one point in the past and it didn't work, but maybe it's a windows update like @cmmidd01 said. Really happy it finally works now ?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, Sorry to revive a 1.5 year old thread I had a similar issue but haven't been able to resolve it on my own using the suggestions above.  For me Big Box and RetroArch have identified the monitor index of my displays incorrectly whenever I attach monitors with different resolutions and the problems get worse from there.   Nothing I changed worked while my 1080p monitor was connected along with the three other 4k monitors I have.  Ultimately what solved the black screen, only audio problem along with BB window not being in full screen for me was found in the windows registry..  

I've shared a link below to help others incase they stumble on this thread as this was closest to what problem I was having and lead me to the solution.  Though the solution mentions Nvidia shield below, I don't own it and it worked for me for all my streaming devices as they all had the same problem. (iPhone, iPad, TV's, fire tv cube, fire tv stick, apple TV)

Fix: NVidia Shield (Moonlight) selecting the wrong Monitor – Lighthouse (thecloudiest.com)