LaunchBox Community Forums

mame games won't load

mADjAckJ

1 minute ago, skizoo1 said:

that's I was about to ask, i don't know how to check for what versions the roms are but they play great out of LB including copcom games.

You say in your first post that you changed your hard drive, did you tell launchbox where your roms moved to after?

yes,I delete it the arcade platform and started from scratch including the new path for the roms. Before I used to get an message about the INI. file but when running through LB it will get a loading message but returns back to LB

I just finished installing Lb into my other pc same files from the one I'm having trouble.  And everything was working fine until I updated to 9.8. I'm wondering if the newest version could be the issues. Hopefully there is a patch or something,  thanks for all your help guys.

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Have you tried simply deleting the command-line from Tools/Manage Emulators/MAME and seeing if that fixes it?

1026266950_MAMEkeyboard.thumb.png.01ca9f35f25b16463e7ee27c988f59a1.png

Wow, I have done this on my laptop and worked now I'm going to do the same with my bartop. Thanks guys really for your help and hard work I really appreciated.

3 minutes ago, skizoo1 said:

Wow, I have done this on my laptop and worked now I'm going to do the same with my bartop. Thanks guys really for your help and hard work I really appreciated.

Its a issue with old versions of MAME, pre 0.173. They did not have dinput keyboard support at that point so that command is not recognised so doesnt load MAME. I would of course recommend updating as MAME has come a long way since then though. Deleting that command-line will likely mean the new pause screens will not work correctly however.

• Thanks 1

Not to highjack this thread, but I am in same boat

latest launch box installed

mame64 .209

rom set -two folders (split) Roms in one CHD in the other,,,, both are in the same rom folder.

so I open launch box try starting game and starts up then says game over and closes, I go into Mame64.exe and how to  open a game from here to see if it works? I double click on the game tittle and I get “the selected machine is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images please select a different machine,

i am am so lost with any help would be great 

15 minutes ago, Steel3470@yahoo.com said:

Not to highjack this thread, but I am in same boat

latest launch box installed

mame64 .209

rom set -two folders (split) Roms in one CHD in the other,,,, both are in the same rom folder.

so I open launch box try starting game and starts up then says game over and closes, I go into Mame64.exe and how to  open a game from here to see if it works? I double click on the game tittle and I get “the selected machine is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images please select a different machine,

i am am so lost with any help would be great 

Have you told MAME the paths to your roms and CHD's? If it is reporting it cant find files and you have a full romset then that is the likely culprit.

well 1st things 1st do you have a mame.ini file in the root of your MAME folder? If not open MAME without a game loaded and go to UI configuration option and then click save configuration and it will create one. From there open the ini look for a line that says rompath it should be right in the top of the document add your path there. Here is an example of mine

image.thumb.png.e3d8a6858c92797e9e05185790c70015.png