LaunchBox Community Forums

mame games won't load

mADjAckJ

On 10/6/2017 at 8:13 PM, neil9000 said:

Just go to your arcade platform on the left of launchbox, then click on a game then ctrl a to highlight them all, then go to tools/change roms folder path.

Hi Guys since update 9.8 everything is working except for mame the suggestion by @neil9000 is not working please help thanks in advance

Edited by bman83
edit

18 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Can you be more specific as you what you mean by Mame is not working? 

What or how is it not working? 

Hi @Retro808

The Mame emulator does not load the games. I get a launchbox loading screen and and launchbox game over screen.

Edited by bman83
update

On 5/29/2019 at 11:10 PM, bman83 said:

Hi @Retro808

The Mame emulator does not load the games. I get a launchbox loading screen and and launchbox game over screen.

Same here for MAME 0.210 on latest version Beta release of Launchbox

Running on Windows 10 64bit

Edited by cataclysm67

2 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

Same here for MAME 0.210 on latest version Beta release of Launchbox

Running on Windows 10 64bit

Can you provide more information, like what version your romset is, do games load if launched directly from MAME itself? Have your games worked before and now dont, or was this the first time you imported MAME?

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Can you provide more information, like what version your romset is, do games load if launched directly from MAME itself? Have your games worked before and now dont, or was this the first time you imported MAME?

I am using MAME 0.210 romset and games load fine from MAME and when I use Rocketlauncher, just not when using Launchbox,BigBox with emulator settings.

If i run it through my RL setup it loads fine.

Used to work fine before latest update, now just tries to open then closes.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

I am using MAME 0.210 romset and games load fine from MAME and when I use Rocketlauncher, just not when using Launchbox,BigBox with emulator settings.

If i run it through my RL setup it loads fine.

Used to work fine before latest update, now just tries to open then closes.

Thanks

OK im guessing that rocketlauncher is the issue there so you are using rocketlauncher as the emulator in Launchbox and not MAME?

16 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

hi, yes they are

Then i am at a bit of a loss then. I am using 0.210 myself and everything is working just fine so it must be a configuration issue in Launchbox somewhere. Were you previously using a different version of the emulator in a different location so did you update the path, also you have told MAME itself where your roms are located right?

4 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

yes, all is correct. I have been using it for a long time.

I thought I would try using Launchbox settings/emulator instead of RL and many systems run ok just not MAME.

I have seen others also mentioning it on forums.

Most of the other users i have seen with issues are running old versions of MAME and we know what the issue is there its the new command-line added in the last release for Launchbox in order for the pause screens to work correctly, but thats not a issue for more recent versions, i believe 0.171 and up are fine.

Can you screenshot your MAME entry in Tools/Manage emulators/MAME and also can you right click a MAME game and go to edit and screenshot that along with the emulation tab please.