LaunchBox Community Forums

Phill's Doodles - Retrorama

PhillsDoodles

Awesome theme! I was having  trouble finding the one, then I found yours. To echo what CriticalCid said, it would help if there were clear logos/a console wheel or something to indicate where we're at in terms of searching consoles, as well as future updates that add more consoles, but goodness, it's a home run on your first swing. Excellent job and thanks a lot!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, latin625 said:

How do I the little video the play in the system video and the misc. image to show up instead of the logo?

Also can I get the screen background you have when you go to the menu in Bigbox?  I would love to have it as wallpaper on the cab!

Friggin' AWESOME theme!

Phil seems to have quit doing public themes for the time being. From what I gather. People were stealing his work, editing out his name and taking credit. Then a Cab community he was in asked him for permission to sell cabs with his themes. When he declined, they harassed him with hate. So he pulled his Github and told everyone he was going on hiatus and may not be releasing his  work publicly anymore. =(

Damn shame. His work was easily my favorite ( no offense to the rest of you theme-makers) just Retrama so perfectly encapsulated my nostalgia into stunning, yet minimalistic and highly stylized artwork. Im real reeling over not getting all those console/platforms he completed but never got to release. RIP us.

Filipe, if you are reading this. We miss your work greatly! But I respect your need to take a break from all the ass-hats on the internet who'd try to steal or profit off you hard work and passion.

Edit- @latin625 , you have to have the video snaps downloaded from emumovies. Make sure you have an account there so Launchbox can scrape them. You can only pull so many a day unless you have a premium account there, then Launchbox can pull everything it finds on emumovies. (Also, if you want premium, ask around in discord because SOMEBODY in staff can get you a discount code if you are a Premium Launchbox owner.

Edited by dmjohn0x
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dmjohn0x said:

Phil seems to have quit doing public themes for the time being. From what I gather. People were stealing his work, editing out his name and taking credit. Then a Cab community he was in asked him for permission to sell cabs with his themes. When he declined, they harassed him with hate. So he pulled his Github and told everyone he was going on hiatus and may not be releasing his  work publicly anymore. =(

Damn shame. His work was easily my favorite ( no offense to the rest of you theme-makers) just Retrama so perfectly encapsulated my nostalgia into stunning, yet minimalistic and highly stylized artwork. Im real reeling over not getting all those console/platforms he completed but never got to release. RIP us.

Filipe, if you are reading this. We miss your work greatly! But I respect your need to take a break from all the ass-hats on the internet who'd try to steal or profit off you hard work and passion.

Edit- @latin625 , you have to have the video snaps downloaded from emumovies. Make sure you have an account there so Launchbox can scrape them. You can only pull so many a day unless you have a premium account there, then Launchbox can pull everything it finds on emumovies. (Also, if you want premium, ask around in discord because SOMEBODY in staff can get you a discount code if you are a Premium Launchbox owner.

Indeed, there are many an ass-hat on the internet. Truly a shame to hear thato.O

21 hours ago, dmjohn0x said:

Terrible News!  My theme will never be complete?  Darn it!  I would PAY for this theme, that is how cool it is!  I went to the github and say it was down too. 

Maybe he can sell a "custom version" for users that are willing to pay for it?  Maybe he can put the users name in it if they pay for the custom theme?

Filipe, Please contact us!  We are willing to pay for the theme!  Never said this for any other and that is not a knock at all the great themes here, just never saw any so friggin cool!

I have a emumovies account and I have snaps in there, but they just dont show up. 

Guess I have to do a couple of "amateur" versions to try and get it looking complete.  Would hate to have to remove it because it was not complete.  Dont have skills anywhere near Filipe...  Damn....  This theme is FIRE!

10 hours ago, latin625 said:

Sent him a ton of Coffees just now.  Hope he knows that people out here appreciate his work.  Hope he returns my email.

Fingers crossed.

I e-mailed him too, myself. He never asked for money. He released his themes freely because he's also passionate. It really sucks how shitty people online can be-- and how dealing with it can suck all motivation out of you.

I know he sells some of his work on RedBubble or one of those similar T-shirt sites. I had thought about buying hist Pepsi Man print shirt. So if you are really looking to support him, I'd seek him out there.

Edit: https://www.teepublic.com/user/lipebello

• Thanks 2

Yup!  I know he didnt do it for money.  Agreed, shameful how it ruins it for all.  Anyways, I sent him the cash as a thank you.  Even if he doesn't respond, it is cool.  Just wanted him to know people appreciate his skills.  Hope he reads this and comes back.  As for the t-shirt, Im a little to out of shape and a little too old to wear those shirts, lol.  Cool as hell for sure though!

• Like 1