LaunchBox Community Forums

Phill's Doodles - Retrorama

PhillsDoodles

Maybe this theme should be removed?  Very disappointing that the theme was orphaned.  It really is useless in the state it is in, and cant really have it as a front end theme with so much missing.  I left it and moved on to fundamental theme.

Edited by latin625

@latin625 No the theme definitely will not ever be removed. The work that the creators put into there themes is very much appreciated and this particular theme has more than enough platforms covered. Don't forget that in BigBox you can use a different theme per platform so if a creator decided to release a theme with just a few platforms then it can still be used perfectly well. 

4 hours ago, ALIE said:

Lets say we found a artist that would do systems at a reasonable price.

do people think  Phill would be ok with that?.  i guess if it was only for private use it wouldn't matter but if shared he should have the final say. 

You wouldnt need permission to make addon's Filipe's work so long as you arent sharing his work. So and addons you make can be uploaded as expansions onto Phil's Doodles Retrorama.

On 3/30/2018 at 12:44 AM, dmjohn0x said:

What you cannot do, is modify his work and share it as your own.

You can modify his work, half of the art assets around here are modifications of someone's work, just make sure not to remove his name and take credit for the original. It is always a good idea to credit the author.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ALIE said:

:D so the theme is alive! This is the best news I heard in awhile. 

Not so fast everyone.  He posted his artwork "to be used on retropie systems only."

"Lastly, I don't know if or when I"ll return to the community (as a maker, I'm still around helping people)."

Edited by alnyden
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...