LaunchBox Community Forums

8.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Just now, Rincewind said:

I've not tried as I've not added a system for ages. I was saying thanks for keeping us up to date xD

Ah OK, yeah it's still down for me so thought I might have a issue if it was working for you. No probs i'm in no rush it will be ready when it's ready. :) 

On 9/1/2018 at 7:01 PM, Jason Carr said:

The new poll will most likely go up shortly after 8.0 comes out. The last feature I have to implement is Retroarch Netplay, which is planned for 8.0. :)

Hi, Jason! launchbox newbie here!

I'm administrator in an emulation online players community: emupartidas.es . We are doing a great effort since october 2016 to recreate a friendship arcade community, easy to play online. We are implementing netplay online retroarch recently, but we are facing some difficulties due to the need of using command line to some tasks, as "host" , "check frames", "mitm host", "twitch cast"... I've solved partially that using Emulation Station as launcher, but I have to multiply the systems, one per different command. And forcing the player to use retroarch interface to join a game.

I'm wondering if you have planned a way to mange that in Launchbox and/or integrate RA lobby system. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 1:43 AM, bundangdon said:

On the topic of betas, I'm not sure if this is just me but recently I've noticed that the details panel (on the right side) doesn't save its position when it closes. Whenever I return to open launchbox, the details panel returns to its default location and I have to reposition it again. As far as I remember, this position was saved from where the user (me) last left it, or was I just dreaming that? :P

The details panel is supposed to save its position, but I have heard that it's an issue in some cases (I've been hearing that for a long time and just haven't addressed it yet). In my simple testing, it seems to work, but something must be resetting it or something strange. Oh wait...I just figured it out lol. So if you close it out and restart, it's not saved. Hey, I get it! ;) I'll add that to my short list.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2018 at 6:15 AM, GreenGriffon said:

Hi guys.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem....sort your collection by Star Rating, then scroll down to the games that are listed as "Not Rated".

Most of the games categorized as having no rating do in fact have a rating.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Remember that there are settings available to adjust how many community ratings are required before a game is considered rated. That is the reason why they're displayed under Not Rated.

On 1/30/2018 at 2:22 AM, furiadeoso said:

Hi, Jason! launchbox newbie here!

I'm administrator in an emulation online players community: emupartidas.es . We are doing a great effort since october 2016 to recreate a friendship arcade community, easy to play online. We are implementing netplay online retroarch recently, but we are facing some difficulties due to the need of using command line to some tasks, as "host" , "check frames", "mitm host", "twitch cast"... I've solved partially that using Emulation Station as launcher, but I have to multiply the systems, one per different command. And forcing the player to use retroarch interface to join a game.

I'm wondering if you have planned a way to mange that in Launchbox and/or integrate RA lobby system. Thanks!

I'm still researching all this stuff but there are certainly a number of issues. Not sure at this point if we will be actually tackling RA Netplay or not, considering the issues, as I still have to come up with a solution for a number of them, and it may or may not be feasible. I currently do not plan on creating our own lobby system.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

@Jason Carr can you please address the steam issue, please?

It's fixed in the betas; I'm between a rock and a hard place because I wanted to put some significant work into 8.0 before releasing it, but I know I need to get a release out to fix the Steam imports. So I'm pushing to get a release out as soon as I can.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

It's fixed in the betas; I'm between a rock and a hard place because I wanted to put some significant work into 8.0 before releasing it, but I know I need to get a release out to fix the Steam imports. So I'm pushing to get a release out as soon as I can.

yeah I get that, but legit users are coming here every day saying its broken.

Beta 4 is out now guys with a revamped Welcome screen that uses CEF and is more integrated with our website. On top of that, the startup performance has once again been significantly improved, especially for people using non-standard platform names. In most cases, the "Populating platforms..." part of the startup process should now be instantaneous.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1