LaunchBox Community Forums

8.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

27 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Just press a letter on your keyboard and LB will jump to the first game that starts with that letter and then if you keep pressing that letter it will keep going through the games that start with that same letter.

Not working for me.  (Yes in Launchbox)

10 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Not working for me.  (Yes in Launchbox)

This feature was built for Launchbox only. 
In Big Box press the Down Arrow in the Horizontal wheel or the Left Arrow in the Vertical view.   this should bring up the letter navigation.   You cannot jump to a letter you would need to navigate using a keyboard or controller. 

Edited by NJDave71

1 minute ago, NJDave71 said:

This feature was built for Launchbox only. 
In Big Box press the Down Arrow in the Horizontal wheel or the Left Arrow in the Vertical view.   this should bring up the letter navigation.   You cannot jump to a letter you would need to navigate using a keyboard or controller. 

I know.  That's why I said "Yes, in Launchbox."  :) It's not working in launchbox with the latest beta.

17 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Make sure the LaunchBox Games View is focused. This is by design, assuming that is the issue.

Hmmm.  For whatever reason, it's not working for me.  Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious.  I double checked and I'm definitely on beta 8.

22 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, beta 7 is now out as well with the beginnings of the new Retroarch Netplay integration (largely thanks to @Izegod who provided a plugin that did it a while ago). If you right-click on a game that supports Retroarch in LaunchBox, you should have a new Retroarch Netplay option. I will be integrating it with Big Box as well, though I haven't started on that yet.

I need everyone's help in testing it though, as Retroarch netplay is notoriously difficult and finicky. I'm currently copying stuff over to another machine of mine to give it a proper test. However, I could not get it working over localhost (I end up with a "netplay could not be initialized" message in Retroarch).

I use Retroarch but I have Launchbox go through RocketLauncher to launch everything, I'm guessing I won't be able to use netplay the way my setup is configured? It doesn't even show up as an option since Rocketlauncher is listed as my emulator in LB.

2 minutes ago, Omen said:

I use Retroarch but I have Launchbox go through RocketLauncher to launch everything, I'm guessing I won't be able to use netplay the way my setup is configured? It doesn't even show up as an option since Rocketlauncher is listed as my emulator in LB.

My suggestion would be to add a separate Retroarch emulator with the relevant associated platforms. It doesn't matter if the games are configured to use the emulator, but the added emulator will allow you to use Netplay. Of course Rocket Launcher won't be used in that situation, but I don't expect that to be a significant issue.

Since Retroarch Netplay requires direct access to Retroarch's command line, I don't think it's possible to get it working with Rocket Launcher.

17 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

My suggestion would be to add a separate Retroarch emulator with the relevant associated platforms. It doesn't matter if the games are configured to use the emulator, but the added emulator will allow you to use Netplay. Of course Rocket Launcher won't be used in that situation, but I don't expect that to be a significant issue.

Since Retroarch Netplay requires direct access to Retroarch's command line, I don't think it's possible to get it working with Rocket Launcher.

That will work perfect, thanks Jason! I mainly use Rocket Launcher for the pause menu, to exit emulators, but Retroarch has that ability built in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Yep, that was it!  Didn't occur to me since I never use games view in Launchbox.  Any chance you'll implement for list view as well?

I'd like this feature too, as I never use the 'games view' in regular Launchbox.

@Jason Carr I can confirm that *if* an entry for <GameAlternateName> exists in the Metadata.xml, matches the database ID from 'PlatformName.xml, and the alternate name matches the name used on RetroAchievements website, the game will show achievements. I tested by manually adding new entries.

However, Launchbox fails to download new metadata for 'Alternate Name,' using Tools/Download Meta Data and Media, and choosing the 'Yes, but do not replace any existing fields or media' option.

So the only games that have been fixed were the ones that already had alternate game names, that happened to match the RetroAchievements website.

If you can direct me on how to successfully update alternate game names, I can test further. Keep in mind that some of these games have multiple alternate game names - not sure if you've considered that. I still think adding 'RetroAchievements' as a region specifically for badly named RetroAchievements games is the best option, but it's your call. :)

Edited by Typhon