LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Ultimate Complete Edition

Colpipes78

How many systems is MESS emulating now. I have used GameEx for a number of years and have  over 200 systems in it. You are right alot of the games still have problems, but the emulators  get better all the time. The hard part is getting the artwork etc. For me it is an on going passion. There are lots of systems that are emulated very well but you hardly ever see them in a front end. Sega  SG 7000, for example has some great games and has been emulated by FUSION for quite awhile, Yet I only see it being used in my own setup. You throw in hacks, home brew,, different regions and the count goes up fast. Then throw in collections and the list grows even faster. MESS is still adding new systems with every new update. Spectravideo is shown in a few setups, but have yet to see a tutorial I currently have over 200 games for this system alone, and still find a new one here and there. Dan is right there are a lot more then 130 systems..

13 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

Sega  SG 7000

You mean the SG-1000 ?

13 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

Yet I only see it being used in my own setup.

I don't know how many people actually mother emulating it but I have it in my setup and I have no where near the level of setup that some people have.

Right here we go

6 hours ago, Styphelus said:

400 Platforms, 100,000 roms and working?  I find that extremely hard to believe.  However I'm not an expert and have questions"

1. Where did you get 400 systems from? There are about 130 at the very most. Are you breaking systems into sub-systems?

2. 100,000 roms, with no duplication and all working? There are tons of roms that don't work. Did you test all of roms in your collection? Are you using multiple emulators for each system?

3. Emumovies doesn't have video clips for a lot of the 130 systems known to exist, never mind 400. Hyperspin doesn't have clear logos for half of the 130 systems known to exist. Did you create them all yourslef? Can you post them somewhere?

I find this very hard to believe but I'm curious now. Can you post more info on this collection? XML files for all those systems maybe?

1) There are approx. 210 systems and 190 playlists and yes I have in this build broken down systems into "sub-systems" such as arcade boards or region. Sega Mega Drive and Sega Genesis as an example, I have approx 108 tutorials on my channel with about 100 of them setting up platforms. 

2) To the best of my knowledge there are no duplication as some rom sets use multiple version of the same game and have removed them for every system. For example I have 12000 zx spectrum roms but have cut this down to 5000. Of course i have not played them all but am confident if i was to boot up a game it would load and on some systems I have used multiple emus

3) Yes I have made and provided a lot of media and have posted them on my channel as well as a lot of other stuff. I am missing about 30% of media as stated in original post. Emu movies, while a goods source of media, is not the only place that provides it. Just because they don't have it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

The beautiful thing about using LB is that you can customise it to how you want it to look and tailor it to your own needs and wants. I know people that have 3 versions of LB (Arcade, Consoles and Computers), others who like complete sets with every clone  and some with just the games they like. 

Im actually in the process of redoing my build, just cant leave it alone!

Never heard of the Super Control System 

• Like 4

On 27/03/2018 at 5:01 AM, pipes78 said:

Benesse - Pocket Challenge V2 is one i want to get emulated

Have you tried using Retroarch - and using the Bandai Wonderswan core? (mednafen_wonderswan_libretro.dll) I can get Benesse Pocket Challenge games to start, but play, well, that's another story. My japanese is rubbish but using google translate on my phone, it seems to go through the programmes relatively fine.

I had to change the file extension from .PC2 to .WS to get it to start.

here's a video of it running :) Just a quick and nasty capture, nothing special.

https://youtu.be/Djsb6QN_h8o

Edited by locvez
fixed text, added link

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/03/2018 at 5:01 AM, pipes78 said:

Benesse - Pocket Challenge V2 is one i want to get emulated

@pipes78 Just for info, I've pushed a change to the mednafen_wswan_libretro core that emulates Benesse Pocket Challenge V2 so you can use this core in Retroarch to run the games.

:)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2018 at 8:20 AM, Colpipes78 said:

Launchbox Showcase Ultimate Complete Edition (Nearly).
Nearly 300 platforms (lost count) with nearly 100000 roms (no duplication and all working) 5 platforms not yet running roms though

Using fundamental Theme by Grila (Just fancied a change)

Clear logos by viking and a lot made by myself (Poorly)

Has taken me many 1000's of hours to put this together and get working. 
Missing a couple of platform videos and about 30% of game media (boxes, clear logos and game videos) mainly from the computer systems although i have a lot of complete collections.

NOTE: The intro video is a splice of Rerohumanoid's superb  Hyperspin intro and Harryoke's  excellent wall breaker intro video which  I have edited (butchered) myself (Very poorly) so credit to them.

Break down of platform  catagories

Ultimate Playlist Edition.  Includes 50 so far.

Ultimate Arcade Edition

Ultimate Console Edition

Ultimate Handheld Edition

Ultimate Computer Edition

If I only want the Playlists, how would I go about that? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey thanks for the build. Couple questions. Is there a way to set it up with XArcade Tankstick? How about the Aimtrak Lightgun?

Downloaded it from a site using NZB format but it misses some files. Is that ok? What is there seems to include everything that I can tell....

thanks cant wait to get this up and running

9 hours ago, Chudsrevenge said:

Hey thanks for the build. Couple questions. Is there a way to set it up with XArcade Tankstick? How about the Aimtrak Lightgun?

Downloaded it from a site using NZB format but it misses some files. Is that ok? What is there seems to include everything that I can tell....

thanks cant wait to get this up and running

Third party builds of Launchbox are not supported here on the official forums. You will be best served to join his Discord server and ask there.