LaunchBox Community Forums

8.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

12 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I do see one thing that is concerning though you now don't have the ability to add a -c config as a system wide option as its only a drop down now with no ability to type in there. Plus any core I have a config set for is listed as missing the core I'm about to test and see if they even work.

Gotcha. We should be able to leave the parameters column in the grid in order to add extra parameters easily enough. That's why we're testing.

Love the new sidebar, looks very clean

Hope we can adjust box art size, im not a fan of the current different lengths of black boxes and it be nice to have option to just have the name of the game under box art, like the old version has

Old launchbox with my icons

5aea0886eee29_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.5926084f40e6c1b6e799f657fcf5820a.png

current launchbox next

5aea08ce8234a_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.154c1ea7984e8a9c9206d4405cb0c26b.png

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, EyeQue said:

I'm having black screens and freezes with the April update. Was thinking about reverting back until things have been fixed.

You're the first person I've actually been able to talk to about any issues with the update. My guess is it's more of an issue with a driver conflict or something like that than an issue with LaunchBox, but it would still be good to figure out exactly what's going on. Can you explain the black screens? Where are you seeing them? And where are you seeing the freezes?

49 minutes ago, Asparky said:

Just a quick one @Jason Carr,should we hold off, on Windows 10 Update 1803, as It appears to be braking Stuff, or doesnt it effect Launchbox?

Generally, we're not seeing any issues at all for the vast majority of people. That said, we have had a couple of reports of problems, though I expect that they're more likely Microsoft bugs on certain hardware configurations than anything else. My recommendation at this point is to go ahead and upgrade, as the chance that you're going to run into any issues is very slim, and you can always revert if necessary.

1 hour ago, Fablog said:

When I tried to bulk donwload medias, Launchbox failed to find what I want. But it works when I do it one by one. I tried it several times looking for mame flyers. Is it a known bug?

Thanks!

This is a known issue with the EmuMovies API, assuming that it's EmuMovies media that is affected. Let me know what types of media and what sources you're referring to.

1 hour ago, Fablog said:

When I tried to bulk donwload medias, Launchbox failed to find what I want. But it works when I do it one by one. I tried it several times looking for mame flyers. Is it a known bug?

this happens to me all the time (for any platform). that's why i don't have much luck using the audit feature  :( 

Edited by ckp

1 minute ago, ckp said:

this happens to me all the time (for any platform). that's why i don't have much luck using the audit feature  :( 

...you lost me completely. How on earth does bulk download have anything to do with audits? MAME flyers do come from EmuMovies, so that would apply in that scenario.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This is a known issue with the EmuMovies API, assuming that it's EmuMovies media that is affected. Let me know what types of media and what sources you're referring to.

ahh, maybe that's why i see that. nothing you can do on your end to improve it?

Just now, Jason Carr said:

...you lost me completely. How on earth does bulk download have anything to do with audits? MAME flyers do come from EmuMovies, so that would apply in that scenario.

When you audit and select a bunch of games that are missing some type of media, you can choose to try downloading the missing media. when i do that it doesn't get everything, because i end up going into each game one by one after that to check the ones still missing that media and am able to get the media one by one.

2 minutes ago, ckp said:

When you audit and select a bunch of games that are missing some type of media, you can choose to try downloading the missing media. when i do that it doesn't get everything, because i end up going into each game one by one after that to check the ones still missing that media and am able to get the media one by one.

I see. I've revisited the EmuMovies stuff in the past, only to be restricted by the EmuMovies API, which I don't have the code for. I am bringing it back up to Circo, but I'm afraid that fixing that particular issue would involve some significant work on their API code (which again I don't have and don't really want to own). I am putting a ToDo on my plate to test and document everything so that I can hand over to Circo for a hopeful fix. That said, it will probably be a while before I get all that done, considering everything else going on.

Emulator management seems to be broken in this latest beta (just pushed out today?) Trying to add a new emulator results in below error when selecting the exe  and existing seemingly trying to do anything. Also not sure if it happened with this beta or not but it's def very recent -- when running the scan import certain multi disc games will always be found even though they exists as additional applications, but again, only certain ones and always the same ones, for example sega cd game "Ground Zero Texas (USA) (Disc 2).cue" is always found as needing to be imported even though its already an addapp on the main game.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.3-beta-2
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void (Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm)
Source:  LaunchBox

at (EmulatorForm )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.AddCoresFromApplicationStartupPath()
   at (EmulatorForm , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.field_Changed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
   at (EmulatorForm )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.LoadValues()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.EmulatorForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

2:19:41 PM Music.Pause Start
   2:19:41 PM Music.Prepare Start
   2:19:41 PM Music.Kill Start
   2:19:41 PM Music.Kill Finished
   2:19:41 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   2:19:41 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   2:19:59 PM Exception

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It's an advertisement flyer from the LB Databse, not from emumovies. You can try the game Major title 2 for example. 

31 minutes ago, Pr0FiT said:

Emulator management seems to be broken in this latest beta (just pushed out today?) Trying to add a new emulator results in below error when selecting the exe  and existing seemingly trying to do anything. Also not sure if it happened with this beta or not but it's def very recent -- when running the scan import certain multi disc games will always be found even though they exists as additional applications, but again, only certain ones and always the same ones, for example sega cd game "Ground Zero Texas (USA) (Disc 2).cue" is always found as needing to be imported even though its already an addapp on the main game.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.3-beta-2
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void (Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm)
Source:  LaunchBox

at (EmulatorForm )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.AddCoresFromApplicationStartupPath()
   at (EmulatorForm , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.field_Changed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
   at (EmulatorForm )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.LoadValues()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.EmulatorForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

2:19:41 PM Music.Pause Start
   2:19:41 PM Music.Prepare Start
   2:19:41 PM Music.Kill Start
   2:19:41 PM Music.Kill Finished
   2:19:41 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   2:19:41 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   2:19:59 PM Exception

Gotcha, looking into this.

20 minutes ago, Fablog said:

It's an advertisement flyer from the LB Databse, not from emumovies. You can try the game Major title 2 for example. 

Oic, hmm. I'll have to check this out as well. :)