LaunchBox Community Forums

8.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

I'm sure he could but I don't think it's a big deal to be honest, most people won't have other oddball files in their /cores folder and they are easy enough to ignore and not select them.

i dunno. you did, and so do i! haha

i just updated my test LB to beta 3. weird thing, it disabled my controller automation in regular LB. i had to enable it again. did anyone else hit that?

i wanted to try the new retroarch core selection feature. so i added another snes entry in manage emulators for RA. after doing that, i tried right click game and launch with option, but it still only had the original core to select. 

i found that you have to close LB and reopen it for the new RA core entries to appear in the 'launch with' menu.

pretty sweet feature. nice!

one note, when creating new snes core entries, i copied the platform name from the original snes core entry to  paste into the new entry platform fields, but it pastes in a whole bunch of extra stuff besides the platform name.

Hi All. 

Since Ive upgraded to latest beta, Ive getting this problem on auditions. 

(Inner Exception)

(Inner Exception)

Valor demasiado grande o demasiado pequeño para un byte sin firmar.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.2
Type:    System.OverflowException
Site:    Byte Parse(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Byte.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderLaunchBox.Read2_LaunchBoxGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderLaunchBox.Read9_LaunchBox(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderLaunchBox.Read10_LaunchBox()

(Outer Exception)

Error en el documento XML (451962, 6).

Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    System.Object Deserialize(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlDeserializationEvents)
Source:  System.Xml

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
   at Common.Utilities.ConfigurationMapper`1.DeserializeXml(String configPath)
   at Common.Utilities.ConfigurationMapper`1.DeserializeFile(ConfigFileType type, String path)
   at Common.Utilities.ConfigurationMapper`1.Load(ConfigFileType type, String path)

(Outer Exception)

Could not deserialize object of type LaunchBoxPlugins.Data.Entities.Metadata.LaunchBox from \\BOX-PC\Retro\LaunchBox\Metadata\Metadata.xml

Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    T Load(Common.Utilities.ConfigFileType, System.String)
Source:  Common

at Common.Utilities.ConfigurationMapper`1.Load(ConfigFileType type, String path)
   at AddToGamesDB.AddToGamesDbPlugin.GetIsValidForGame(IGame selectedGame)
   at (AuditForm , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.dataGridView_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnSelectionChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.FlushSelectionChanged()
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRemovedRow_PostNotification(DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged_PostNotification(CollectionChangeAction cca, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, DataGridViewRow dataGridViewRow, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.OnCollectionChanged(CollectionChangeEventArgs e, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 rowCount, Boolean changeIsDeletion, Boolean changeIsInsertion, Boolean recreateNewRow, Point newCurrentCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.RemoveAtInternal(Int32 index, Boolean force)
   at (AuditForm , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.combineContextToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I revert the upgraded, and still getting the error :(

It happens every time I select a game on the audition list

• Like 1

@Jason Carr the above post was fixed for the user in the discord when I noticed reference to the add to games database plugin. I asked him to remove it and test, and he says everything is fine now. So could one of the betas broke the plugin again? Or just a weird one off?

@UnderwoodNC

Edited by neil9000
tagged the plugin creator.
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 1:24 PM, ea4492 said:

thats weird? We need @Jason Carr to chime in. Maybe it has something to do with Emumovies api, im not sure.

Yes, the issues with multiple files not downloading is because of the EmuMovies API. I have it on my plate to review in detail and send to Circo for a report, to see if he can get it improved. It's not top priority, but it is on the list.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:13 PM, UnderwoodNC said:

New version of AddToGamesDb uploaded!  I've tested updating an existing game and adding a new game, both are working well.  If you run into any issues, please let me know.

Thank you very much @UnderwoodNC. :)

Beta 4 is out now guys. There's a few smaller-ish (but important) things added for LaunchBox.Next:

- Improvement: You can now hide the sidebar in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: The View and Tools menus have been added to the top right menus in LaunchBox.Next for easier accessibility

- Improvement: Keyboard/tab navigation now works properly throughout LaunchBox.Next with proper visual cues

On top of that, there's a hopeful fix in for extra command-line options showing up in the core dropdown options when editing the Retroarch emulator. I'll see if we can't fix the non-DLL files showing up for a new beta.

• Like 3

Now that there is a hide games missing "x" artwork feature, I would like to mention a request I made ages ago... maybe it's closer in reach now.  It would be great if we could "show" games missing "x" artwork... this feature would make it super easy to find games that need artwork added to them.

• Like 1

On 2-5-2018 at 7:01 PM, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for all the feedback guys; all noted. Beta 2 is out now with two new features:

- New Feature: The Launch With functions will now allow you to choose a core when launching Retroarch

- New Feature: Managing the Retroarch emulator is now much easier with drop downs for the cores and notifications for missing cores

The Launch With stuff is not yet in Big Box or LaunchBox.Next (only LaunchBox), but will be coming soon to those as well. I'm particularly interested in feedback on the new Retroarch core management stuff, as it's kind of tricky and I'm curious to know if anyone runs into any hitches or restrictions. Testing from a new install, adding cores, etc. would be great. Let me know how it goes. :)

LaunchBox.Next development is in progress of course, but there's nothing new there for this beta.

Hi,

I'm not getting the drop downs for the cores with the latest beta 4.

I'm only getting columns for

- Associated Platform

- Default command-line parameters

- Default emulator

- Status

In the status column it says "Missing core Files" for all retroarch set cores.

I have all cores available in the cores directory and for some systems (like NES) multiple cores

All my cores are normally launched like this:

-L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" -c "config\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.cfg"

LB_missing_core_dropdown.png

Edited by Rod

3 hours ago, Rod said:

Hi,

I'm not getting the drop downs for the cores with the latest beta 4.

I'm only getting columns for

- Associated Platform

- Default command-line parameters

- Default emulator

- Status

In the status column it says "Missing core Files" for all retroarch set cores.

I have all cores available in the cores directory and for some systems (like NES) multiple cores

All my cores are normally launched like this:

-L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" -c "config\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.cfg"

LB_missing_core_dropdown.png

I'm guessing this is because of the name of the emulator. What did you name the emulator?

Not sure if this is the right topic, but I'm on 8.3 Beta 4. The thing is, I don't know when this might have happened as I mostly only use bigbox. 

I launched launchbox with windows scaled up to 175%. Mostly it's okay but some stuff like the edit menu doesn't fit the screen so I

Closed launchbox

Set the windows scaling down to normal - 100%

Relaunched launchbox and the scaling hasn't changed. It's still jumbo (I spoke with DOS in Discord and he tested and launchbox scaled back down to 100% correctly for him.)

I tried restarting launchbox a few times, no change.

I switched to launchbox next and it scaled down appropriately, so its either something I'm doing or something only affecting the old launchbox. I can use Next, but I figured I'd just report the issue. Again, I rarely use launchbox anymore as I'm mostly set up and stay in bigbox, so I can't be certain when this behavior started.

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

Not sure if this is the right topic, but I'm on 8.3 Beta 4. The thing is, I don't know when this might have happened as I mostly only use bigbox. 

I launched launchbox with windows scaled up to 175%. Mostly it's okay but some stuff like the edit menu doesn't fit the screen so I

Closed launchbox

Set the windows scaling down to normal - 100%

Relaunched launchbox and the scaling hasn't changed. It's still jumbo (I spoke with DOS in Discord and he tested and launchbox scaled back down to 100% correctly for him.)

I tried restarting launchbox a few times, no change.

I switched to launchbox next and it scaled down appropriately, so its either something I'm doing or something only affecting the old launchbox. I can use Next, but I figured I'd just report the issue. Again, I rarely use launchbox anymore as I'm mostly set up and stay in bigbox, so I can't be certain when this behavior started.

Thanks!

This is due to the original LaunchBox using outdated scaling mechanisms which require a log out before scaling is updated correctly. Since it's fixed in .Next, I probably won't be updating the original LaunchBox version.

• Like 1