Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
lfan

[Batch File] Core Splitter (Windows | Android)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Using the same idea as @le_el ( this post ), I modified the code to split the main core and the info file, and all new cores have yours own options. Ideal to use a different shaders/overlays/remaps/overrides for each system.

Instruction:

Windows

Place the two files in “cores” folder and run the .bat. The main core and the info file will be splitted. If run the .bat again, the splitted files will be recreated.

Android (by @le_el)

Copy from /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/ and /data/data/com.retroarch/info/ (you may need root), and put on somefolder\cores\ and somefolder\info.

Run the .bat from inside the somefolder\cores\ folder and it will do it’s job.

Then put back the new files from both folders back into/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/ and /data/data/com.retroarch/info/ (again, you may need root).

If the Android’s retroarch can allow to change the core/info folder to the sdcard or main memory, it should be easier and avoid the need of root.

Thanks, @le_el, for your method and, @RetroFans, for testing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEGA SYSTEMS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis Plus GX - GN | CD | GG | MS | SG

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PicoDrive - GN | CD | 32X | MS

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gearsystem - MS | GG

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reicast - DC | NM

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NINTENDO SYSTEMS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mesen - NES | NFC | FDS

Windows - Download

Android - Download

The custom palette “MesenPalette” is the same for all cores.

Windows - Download (Alt)

Android - Download (Alt)

Alt. Version: The custom palette is diferente for all cores.

[Nintendo] MesenPalette.pal

[Famicom] M_NFCPalette.pal

[Famicom Disk System] M_FDSPalette.pal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snes9x - SNES | SFC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nSide Balanced - SNES | SFC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SameBoy - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gambatte - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gearboy - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEC SYSTEMS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beetle PCE FAST - PCE | CD | TGX | TCD

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SNK SYSTEMS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo - MVS | AES

Windows - Download

Android - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARCADE / AES SYSTEMS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FB Alpha - Arcade | AES

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Edited by lfan
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You saved me quite a bit of time creating this. It has been on my radar for a while, but as we all know, real life seems to intervene at the most inopportune times.

Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool, i'm assuming this will work on future releases as well so people won't have to compile their own or hope some kind soul does it for them ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you a bunch!

I will check the bat content once I get to the PC and see if I can edit it and make the same for Mesen and PCE. I currently have a bat (created by Thatman in Libretro) and made cfg files for Famicom, Famicom Disk System and PC Engine games, so I can use different overlays against NES and TG16. 

EDIT: Worked fine for Mesen as well. I had to compress the core names so they have the same amount of characters as the original file, otherwise they will not work. So;

  • Mesen (original one to use with NES)
  • MesFC (Famicom core)
  • MeFDS (Famicom Disk System core)

I will leave the bat content below, in case anybody wants to user it (or tweak it):

 

@echo off
echo RETROARCH CORE SPLITTER - MESEN
echo.

REM Batch created by lfan: https://forums.libretro.com/u/lfan
REM Gsar website: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gsar.htm

REM Setting the paths
SET "GSAR_EXE=..\cores\gsar.exe"
SET "RETROCOREFOLDER=..\cores"
SET "RETROINFOFOLDER=..\info"

REM Replace | Original internal name | New internal name | Original file | New file
echo CORES
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mesen" -r"MesFC"        "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesen_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesfc_libretro.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"mesen_" -r"mesfc_"    -o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesfc_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesfc_libretro.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mesen" -r"MeFDS"        "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesen_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mefds_libretro.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"mesen_" -r"mefds_"    -o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mefds_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mefds_libretro.dll"
echo.
echo INFO
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mesen" -r"MesFC"        "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mesen_libretro.info" -f "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mesfc_libretro.info"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mesen" -r"MeFDS"        "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mesen_libretro.info" -f "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mefds_libretro.info"
echo.
echo Done!
echo.
pause

 

 

 

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks, @Kondorito, for your test and post!

The new internal name must have the same amount of characters as the original internal name. The name of the new file doens't follow this rule.

Very easy and usefull! Two seconds or less to have new cores.

Edited by lfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, lfan said:

Thanks, Kondorito, for your test and post!

Yes, the new internal name must have the same amount of characters as the original internal name. The name of the new file doens't follow this rule.

Very easy and usefull! Two seconds or less to have new cores.

Thank you @lfan.

Quick question, I am trying to do the same thing for TurboGrafx-16 using the Mednafen PCE Fast core, but getting an error with the gsar. Do you mind checking the below lines and see where I am mistaken? Cos I cannot see it.

 

Error: 

gsar: unable to open input file '..\cores\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll'
 

 

 

echo CORES
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Beetle PCE Fast" -r"Beetle TGX Fast"        "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"beetle_pce_fast_" -r"beetle_tgx_fast_"    -o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"
echo.
echo INFO
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Beetle PCE Fast" -r"Beetle TGX Fast"        "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.info" -f "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.info"
echo.
echo Done!
echo.
pause

 

Edited by Kondorito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kondorito, the Beetle PCE FAST internal core name is Mednafen PCE Fast (libretro docs).

%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mednafen PCE Fast" -r"Mednafen TGX Fast"	"%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"

And the next line:

%GSAR_EXE% -s"pce_" -r"tgx_"	-o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"

pce_ are the characters which are repeated for the Beetle PCE FAST options. Open the retroarch-core-options file and see it for others cores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lfan said:

@Kondorito, the Beetle PCE FAST internal core name is Mednafen PCE Fast (libretro docs).


%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mednafen PCE Fast" -r"Mednafen TGX Fast"	"%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"

And the next line:


%GSAR_EXE% -s"pce_" -r"tgx_"	-o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"

pce_ are the characters which are repeated for the Beetle PCE FAST options. Open the retroarch-core-options file and see it for others cores.

You rock! Will modify and test it when I get home. Thanks again! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I read all that, and the thread by le_el and wonder to myself "what could possibly go wrong"?

PS. This was a feature that I requested in the past. The ability to use multiple different RetroArch configs for one system and then be able to launch them on the fly in BigBox.

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

I read all that, and the thread by le_el and wonder to myself "what could possibly go wrong"?

PS. This was a feature that I requested in the past. The ability to use multiple different RetroArch configs for one system and then be able to launch them on the fly in BigBox.

I was looking for it too! Mainly to use different shaders/overlays/overrides in my favorite core.

I changed the le_el code to all new cores have yours options saved individually in retroarch-core-options file, and the core name displayed in RetroArch is more friendly, instead of be displayed the file name.

And to update the new cores is very easy and fast. Just update de main file and run the batch.

(Sorry for my bad English)

Edited by lfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @lfan the fixes you made for PCE worked fine, however for some reason the info file was not created (ended up doing it manually). 

If you can put Mednafen PCE Fast in your to-do queue I will highly appreciate it, as it will surely be a better version than my bat attempt :)

Cheers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Hey @lfan the fixes you made for PCE worked fine, however for some reason the info file was not created (ended up doing it manually). 

If you can put Mednafen PCE Fast in your to-do queue I will highly appreciate it, as it will surely be a better version than my bat attempt :)

Cheers! 

OK, @Kondorito! Maybe today or tomorrow.

:)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kondorito, does the main core could be for PC Engine (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll) and the new for PC Engine CD (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro-cd.dll)? I didn't understand why a new core for TurboGrafx-16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lfan said:

@Kondorito, does the main core could be for PC Engine (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll) and the new for PC Engine CD (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro-cd.dll)? I didn't understand why a new core for TurboGrafx-16.

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing it.

PC Engine and Turbografx-16 are like the Famicom and the NES; they are produced by the same company and with the same internal specs, but each system was released in a different locked region, has its own aesthetics and culture, and have different games list (PC Engine has a 300+ library, whereas TG16 has 90+ games).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2018 at 3:07 PM, Kondorito said:

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing it.

PC Engine and Turbografx-16 are like the Famicom and the NES; they are produced by the same company and with the same internal specs, but each system was released in a different locked region, has its own aesthetics and culture, and have different games list (PC Engine has a 300+ library, whereas TG16 has 90+ games).

@Kondorito, did you test the Beetle PCE FAST batch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lfan said:

@Kondorito, did you test the Beetle PCE FAST batch?

Sorry lfan I did not reported back hehe.
Worked like a charm. You rock!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Sorry lfan I did not reported back hehe.
Worked like a charm. You rock!

Do you want more batch files? Give me suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News (05/10/2018):

FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo - Batch file.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×