LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

• 7 months later...

I think what you're seeing in Bigbox is the new 3D box, which is made from box_front, box_back and box_spine artwork. You need to look in  options and turn those off to see the old 3D boxes like in Launchbox.  (see post below)

Edited by Rlad

13 hours ago, daygoshen said:

image.thumb.png.29f69dfb110da695fcde168a4b9ea047.png

i have a problem.... I can't see the 3d boxes image

but there is in launchbox 

image.thumb.png.46e9a522131ad1f1b2a7f18817097a51.png

2 hours ago, Rlad said:

I think what you're seeing in Bigbox is the new 3D box, which is made from box_front, box_back and box_spine artwork. You need to look in  options and turn those off to see the old 3D boxes like in Launchbox.

Rlad is right that you are confusing the 3D Box Images with the new 3D Box Model. This theme uses your Box - Front, Box - Back, and Box - Spine images to create a 3D Model of each game that you can flip and rotate around.

The only thing is that since this is a Theme specific 3D Model implementation, there's no way to turn it off in the options. If you don't want to download 2D Images for your games, you'll have to use another version of Unified.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

Is there any way to remove the date and clock from the top corner? I have looked in the xaml and I can't find how to remove it, I want to leave the system as clean as possible and removing that would already be great

I appreciate if someone can help me or send an already edited xaml

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 3:23 AM, manic23 said:

Can I please ask how to turn off the 3D model support in 1.9 and use the regular box image instead like it is in 1.8? At the moment I am simply using the 1.8 version, but I would like to understand how to do this, many thanks.

Certain themes, like this one, has chosen to override user options and display the 3D Model in that place. The only options you have when a theme decides to do that is to downgrade the theme (like you did), or create a custom version of theme and edit the code to remove the parts you don't like.

• 2 months later...

Is there any way to make the theme less jerky? the boxes dont really bounce in like the regular unified theme. They kinda "glitch" in really jerky like they're lagging. I'm running BB from an SSD and my computer is running a 13900k with an RTX graphics card with DDR5 Ram, so i wouldnt think my hardware should be to slow for the theme. Any ideas or is this happening to anyone else? Thanks

• 4 months later...

Is there anyway to make the 3D boxes not lag when they bounce in? i switched launchbox to a m.2 nvme drive to try to fix the lag, but even that doesnt help and leads me to belive its just related to the theme. Do the boxes bouncing in lag/stutter for everyone else when doing there bounce effect? also using a 13900k CPU and 5600mhz ddr5 ram if it matters. 

Edited by darreldearth