LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

On 3/23/2019 at 12:03 PM, osmodiars said:

Hello, great theme. There is a way to disable "spinning discs" feature? Because it works fine for Playstation for instance, but it is rotating for SNES as well when there is not disk. Not sure hwy, by I would like to disable this feature at all. Thanks in advance.

Just go to image priorities in Launchbox and uncheck anything in the disc section that isnt a disc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey all,

After 2+ years I finally decided to take the plunge and pay for unlimited licensing mainly as I wanted this theme. I seem to get a black screen when trying to enable it however and still get background sounds. There seems to have been an issue fixed in version 9 relating to this but I still get the issue. Other themes also work fine. I only have MAME set up currently with a full arcade rom set.

Any ideas at all please?

Edited by BenGmanUk

1 hour ago, BenGmanUk said:

Hey all,

After 2+ years I finally decided to take the plunge and pay for unlimited licensing mainly as I wanted this theme. I seem to get a black screen when trying to enable it however and still get background sounds. There seems to have been an issue fixed in version 9 relating to this but I still get the issue. Other themes also work fine. I only have MAME set up currently with a full arcade rom set.

Any ideas at all please?

@BenGmanUk Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need some more details in order to help:

• What are your system specs?
  • What version of Windows are you running?
  • What version of LaunchBox/Big Box are you running?
  • Do other themes work correctly? What themes have you tried?
  • What is the resolution of your monitor?

On 3/23/2019 at 5:03 AM, osmodiars said:

Hello, great theme. There is a way to disable "spinning discs" feature? Because it works fine for Playstation for instance, but it is rotating for SNES as well when there is not disk. Not sure hwy, by I would like to disable this feature at all. Thanks in advance.

If carts are spinning, basically it just means you're on the wrong view for that platform. You can bind a key to "switch view" in Big Box and switch to one of the other views that do not spin.

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2019 at 5:03 AM, osmodiars said:

All you have to do is use one of the games views that does not spin.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@BenGmanUk Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need some more details in order to help:

• What are your system specs?
  • What version of Windows are you running?
  • What version of LaunchBox/Big Box are you running?
  • Do other themes work correctly? What themes have you tried?
  • What is the resolution of your monitor?

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. Specs are i3 @3.7, 8Gb, 250Gb Samsung Evo SSD

Windows 10 64bit
Launchbox 9.5
Themes so far are Critialzone and default
Monitor is 1080p

The issue is partly resolved by changing the startup to 'platform categories', though I can't remember what the default was now. Possibly a playlist of some kind?

9 hours ago, BenGmanUk said:

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. Specs are i3 @3.7, 8Gb, 250Gb Samsung Evo SSD

Windows 10 64bit
Launchbox 9.5
Themes so far are Critialzone and default
Monitor is 1080p

The issue is partly resolved by changing the startup to 'platform categories', though I can't remember what the default was now. Possibly a playlist of some kind?

Can you explain what you mean by "partly resolved"? If you have a way of taking screenshots of what you mean, that would be helpful here.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m new to launchbox but starting to figure out its intricacies...one of which is figuring out image pathing and associating correctly with themes and views.  Love the flexibility...though.

my issue is that my arcade platform view only shows the stock marquee, and not the original marquee for the selected game.  Do i need to do anything special to get those to show up?

thank you!

12 minutes ago, laggerific said:

I’m new to launchbox but starting to figure out its intricacies...one of which is figuring out image pathing and associating correctly with themes and views.  Love the flexibility...though.

my issue is that my arcade platform view only shows the stock marquee, and not the original marquee for the selected game.  Do i need to do anything special to get those to show up?

thank you!

Unfortunately the Unified/Redux themes aren't built to change the marquee headers for each game, so you'd have to find another theme to do that, or tweak it yourself (which admittedly might be a bit difficult).

34 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Unfortunately the Unified/Redux themes aren't built to change the marquee headers for each game, so you'd have to find another theme to do that, or tweak it yourself (which admittedly might be a bit difficult).

Ah, good to know.  That said, I saw a reference in one of the xaml files to selectedgame.marqueeimagepath, so I thought I was doing something wrong.

what is that parameter?  Is that an unreleased feature in bigbox?

2 minutes ago, laggerific said:

Ah, good to know.  That said, I saw a reference in one of the xaml files to selectedgame.marqueeimagepath, so I thought I was doing something wrong.

what is that parameter?  Is that an unreleased feature in bigbox?

That's used for displaying the marquee image on the second monitor (for cabs that have marquee monitors).

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious if it’s possible (or how difficult would it be) to change the size of the gameplay video in the game wheel view based on the platform?  I think it’s 4:3 which is great for the majority of my platforms but the video snaps I got for PS3, WiiU, and my steam games are all 16:9 so there are black bars on top and bottom of the game previews.  

This is super nit picky but I thought I might tinker with the xaml if it’s possible to put some conditional formatting of the video and the box that goes around it for those platforms which have 16:9 games.  Is it possible?  Anyone able to point me in the right direction?  

Also just wanted to say thank you for this awesome theme. I’ve used it for quite some time and it has my cabinet looking fantastic! 

On 4/21/2019 at 8:18 AM, Fry said:

I am curious if it’s possible (or how difficult would it be) to change the size of the gameplay video in the game wheel view based on the platform?  I think it’s 4:3 which is great for the majority of my platforms but the video snaps I got for PS3, WiiU, and my steam games are all 16:9 so there are black bars on top and bottom of the game previews.  

This is super nit picky but I thought I might tinker with the xaml if it’s possible to put some conditional formatting of the video and the box that goes around it for those platforms which have 16:9 games.  Is it possible?  Anyone able to point me in the right direction?  

Also just wanted to say thank you for this awesome theme. I’ve used it for quite some time and it has my cabinet looking fantastic! 

I think images are used for the borders, so it would probably be a 2-step process, first to change the border image, and then change the XAML to use it properly. I would first check Unified Refried though to see if RetroHumanoid has already done that.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, warhead247 said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to move the date and time over to the left side? 

I have my wheel fade turned off so the art blocks the clock.

Much appreciated!

You'd be on your own tweaking the XAML to do it, but it's certainly possible. ;)

For the games view, I have horizontal wheel 2 selected. I have the 3d box art with the cart/disc in the foreground. As far as the 3d box goes, it seems that there is a white hue or some sort of brightness on the spine for some reason specifically the snes 3d boxes. I couldn't find where this setting would be in the xml files in order to change whatever that hue is so that it looks normal? I don't think it would the background image itself causing this but if there are any pointers that would be great.

I've attached Mega max x as an example. One if from big box and the other is the actual jpg file when viewing it.

IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6416.jpg

Edited by Bobsaidwzob

23 minutes ago, Bobsaidwzob said:

For the games view, I have horizontal wheel 2 selected. I have the 3d box art with the cart/disc in the foreground. As far as the 3d box goes, it seems that there is a white hue or some sort of brightness on the spine for some reason specifically the snes 3d boxes. I couldn't find where this setting would be in the xml files in order to change whatever that hue is so that it looks normal? I don't think it would the background image itself causing this but if there are any pointers that would be great.

I've attached Mega max x as an example. One if from big box and the other is the actual jpg file when viewing it.

IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6416.jpg

Im not exactly sure what you are asking here to be honest. You have two completely different images there, you can see that the second one has a Capcom logo at the bottom left where as the other does not, and the top one doesnt look like it has a transparent background on it.