LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Im not exactly sure what you are asking here to be honest. You have two completely different images there, you can see that the second one has a Capcom logo at the bottom left where as the other does not, and the top one doesnt look like it has a transparent background on it.

I just realized that. Essentially even though they are different images, this is the issue I run into with every single image. As you can see from the bottom image, the spine looks completely different from the top. The spine looks lighter and I can't figure out why.

I want the bottom image to look like the top in big box. You can see how the top image's spine look consistent and the same throughout. The top image is when it is viewed outside of LB or BB. It might be a LB issue too as I noticed that it also looks like this in LB. This is the only console it does that for.

13 minutes ago, Bobsaidwzob said:

I just realized that. Essentially even though they are different images, this is the issue I run into with every single image. As you can see from the bottom image, the spine looks completely different from the top. The spine looks lighter and I can't figure out why.

I want the bottom image to look like the top in big box. You can see how the top image's spine look consistent and the same throughout. The top image is when it is viewed outside of LB or BB. It might be a LB issue too as I noticed that it also looks like this in LB. This is the only console it does that for.

OK, well i just installed this theme and i dont see what you say you have, my box looks just fine. Its probably just the images you have for snes have some sort of reflection on them.

27591133_Screenshot(62).thumb.png.6d7ac4d0a2ce474484c9cdfa89621f16.png1366946638_Screenshot(63).thumb.png.8d504ee8b9b57ee37372c53f69c177ea.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 7:35 AM, Jason Carr said:

Can you explain what you mean by "partly resolved"? If you have a way of taking screenshots of what you mean, that would be helpful here.

I'm having the same issue as the other user. Basically after installing the theme, the startup screen has the time, platform wheel and scrolling description at the bottom but the main part of the screen is black. There's no images showing the platform or a video or anything, just black.

Does the startup screen in my settings need to be tweaked? When I change it to anything other than "platforms" I get no scrolling wheel at all and no options to select. At least when it's set to platforms I can scroll through them and choose one.

Once I open a platform the theme appears as it should with no problems. It's just the startup screen that's black.

43 minutes ago, 2fst4u said:

I'm having the same issue as the other user. Basically after installing the theme, the startup screen has the time, platform wheel and scrolling description at the bottom but the main part of the screen is black. There's no images showing the platform or a video or anything, just black.

Does the startup screen in my settings need to be tweaked? When I change it to anything other than "platforms" I get no scrolling wheel at all and no options to select. At least when it's set to platforms I can scroll through them and choose one.

Once I open a platform the theme appears as it should with no problems. It's just the startup screen that's black.

You need some platform videos for the platforms screen, that is why you have a black background it's designed to play videos of the various platforms when you sit on one. Videos are not included with themes, but can be downloaded in Launchbox. Just got to Tools/Download platform/Playlist Videos.

35 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You need some platform videos for the platforms screen, that is why you have a black background it's designed to play videos of the various platforms when you sit on one. Videos are not included with themes, but can be downloaded in Launchbox. Just got to Tools/Download platform/Playlist Videos.

There isn't even a background or surrounding art though.

2 minutes ago, 2fst4u said:

There isn't even a background or surrounding art though.

Yes that is correct, you need a fullscreen Platform video, these shots below are fullscreen videos, they are not artwork with a small video window, the whole screen is a video.

410250415_Screenshot(87).thumb.png.0260f38b8315ff96851922cd16d3b4eb.png396318737_Screenshot(88).thumb.png.e97dc4001c6ed067732101e21e2b9247.png388215911_Screenshot(89).thumb.png.f5ae0983f1891f5c4f094760eb37c201.png

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Yes that is correct, you need a fullscreen Platform video, these shots below are fullscreen videos, they are not artwork with a small video window, the whole screen is a video.

410250415_Screenshot(87).thumb.png.0260f38b8315ff96851922cd16d3b4eb.png396318737_Screenshot(88).thumb.png.e97dc4001c6ed067732101e21e2b9247.png388215911_Screenshot(89).thumb.png.f5ae0983f1891f5c4f094760eb37c201.png

Ah understood. Thank you for your help. Will launchbox know where to find these videos based on the theme simply being installed?

3 minutes ago, 2fst4u said:

Ah understood. Thank you for your help. Will launchbox know where to find these videos based on the theme simply being installed?

In the video downloader it will automatically check the boxes for platforms you do not have videos for.

1257068764_Screenshot(90).thumb.png.ab08d64f7044ce8fd590aa60b070cd0c.pngYou will be able to select the video type you want via the dropdown on each platform.

526790950_Screenshot(91).thumb.png.89f402f4929e3bfa06c2514987e9f733.pngOr select a global video style via the dropdown at the bottom of the screen.

1056162822_Screenshot(92).thumb.png.cac9631c654694af5ea62af9bdb55d26.pngYou can also click the preview button to stream the video to see what it is like before you download it. 

4 minutes ago, 2fst4u said:

Awesome thank you. I thought I'd broken something.

No you are fine, you just dont have any videos as yet. They are not included in theme downloads as that would make themes absolutely huge downloads, and there are many different styles of platform videos so its up to you to source the the style of videos you want to use.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have an issue where the name of the console is too large and covers up menu options on the right side.   This is happening on GBA also. My monitor is 2560x1440 if that is what's making the issue?

unified.png

Edited by RB2021

On 7/22/2019 at 5:35 PM, RB2021 said:

I have an issue where the name of the console is too large and covers up menu options on the right side.   This is happening on GBA also. My monitor is 2560x1440 if that is what's making the issue?

unified.png

I am aware of this issue; it's on my list to fix, though I will admit that it might be a while because it's currently competing with LaunchBox development.

20 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

For MAME why am i not getting the game logo art in the wheel its just generic text font

Do you have a clear logo downloaded for it? The clear logos are not part of the theme. Also if you called the platform "Mame" instead of "Arcade" you would need to make sure the file is named Mame.png or Mame.jpg and stored in the correct \Images\Platforms\[Platform Name]\Clear Logo folder. 

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Do you have a clear logo downloaded for it? The clear logos are not part of the theme. Also if you called the platform "Mame" instead of "Arcade" you would need to make sure the file is named Mame.png or Mame.jpg and stored in the correct \Images\Platforms\[Platform Name]\Clear Logo folder. 

Ah that makes sense ill give that a go.

2 Other questions....

In the Arcade platform is the Marquee of the Arcade machine supposed to change to what ever game is selected in the wheel?

Im not see the box art appear next to the wheel for 80% of games only a few actual have the art appear?

5 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

In the Arcade platform is the Marquee of the Arcade machine supposed to change to what ever game is selected in the wheel?

No, it is a static image in this theme. 

5 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Im not see the box art appear next to the wheel for 80% of games only a few actual have the art appear?

Do you have box art for all your games? Like the clear logos these are not included in the theme. These are downloaded media that support your games in Launchbox and in theme views in BigBox. You have to download these like other images and videos. 

7 hours ago, Retro808 said:

No, it is a static image in this theme. 

Do you have box art for all your games? Like the clear logos these are not included in the theme. These are downloaded media that support your games in Launchbox and in theme views in BigBox. You have to download these like other images and videos. 

Yeah i have download the 'box art' pack for Arcade.....or though isnt that just the same as the MAME flyers?

Do we know if adding the marquee to alter with the game selected will be added in an update?, as that would be such a nice touch to the frontend for arcade. Or is it easy to alter yourself?