LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

2 minutes ago, hyunchris said:

Hey great theme!  I noticed on the preview video that when you are selecting games, it is a wheel with the clear logos of each game. However, I cannot get it to do that, instead it is just a list of games that are listed vertically (no wheel or clear logos). The only clear logo and wheel is when I select platforms. Is there a way to change this in the settings? I have searched but cannot figure it out.

thanks.

You may be in the Text List View. You would need to change to one of the views that support clear logos.

Best way to do this is go to BB settings and either in the keyboard mapper or controller mapping section bind a key to the option for Change View. This way when you are in the actual list of game you can hit that key or button and change the view type in real time and see it change.

Just now, Retro808 said:

You may be in the Text List View. You would need to change to one of the views that support clear logos.

Best way to do this is go to BB settings and either in the keyboard mapper or controller mapping section bind a key to the option for Change View. This way when you are in the actual list of game you can hit that key or button and change the view type in real time and see it change.

thanks...I was trying to find the right view, and searched...However, I will bind a key to in the mapping section tonight and hopefully find the right view that way. thanks 

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Hey, this actually didnt work for me. I dont think I was clear in what I wanted though.  So the default startup view that I want to keep it on is the platform view (and it is clear logos now) but then when i select the platform, the next screen is to select the game but it's all text and no clear logos.

1 minute ago, hyunchris said:

Hey, this actually didnt work for me. I dont think I was clear in what I wanted though.  So the default startup view that I want to keep it on is the platform view (and it is clear logos now) but then when i select the platform, the next screen is to select the game but it's all text and no clear logos.

Just use the same button/key when you are in a game view.

Hey guys- having a very weird issue- Unified Redux isn't finding any of my background images (video borders, fanart, etc) when I moved launchbox onto a portable drive. Nothing I do seems to fix it. What gives?

An image of the issue is attached and yes- the fanarts are in the proper folder (LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Redux\Images\Theme\Background) with the proper format (.jpg).

-EDIT-

Looking into this issue deeper ... it seems like this only happens if you launch BigBox on a portable drive?? Slapping everything even onto a different PC will make backgrounds work again.

I just don't even understand.

Big Box Screenshot - Unified Redux - WheelGamesView - 2021-07-15 20.47.57.jpg

Edited by Mithrot
Added image.

16 hours ago, Mithrot said:

Hey guys- having a very weird issue- Unified Redux isn't finding any of my background images (video borders, fanart, etc) when I moved launchbox onto a portable drive. Nothing I do seems to fix it. What gives?

An image of the issue is attached and yes- the fanarts are in the proper folder (LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Redux\Images\Theme\Background) with the proper format (.jpg).

-EDIT-

Looking into this issue deeper ... it seems like this only happens if you launch BigBox on a portable drive?? Slapping everything even onto a different PC will make backgrounds work again.

I just don't even understand.

Big Box Screenshot - Unified Redux - WheelGamesView - 2021-07-15 20.47.57.jpg

This could be because of the file system you have the external hard drive formatted in. If you have the ability, try to format it to NTFS and see if that helps.

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Has this theme been updated so it supports showing the marquee of arcade games selected on the main screen (on the actual picture of the arcade machine)???

I don't think this theme has ever had this functionality. Something like this could potentially be a big job, although I haven't ever looked into it.

3 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Also how do you select art work for the names of each system as atm its just a generic font?

Sounds like you are either in the Filters List View, or don't have clear logos for your systems.

If you are in the Filters List View, you can go back into Options > Views > Platforms List View: change this to Platform Wheel 1

Then go to Options > Keyboard Mappings (and/or Controller Mappings), and set a key for: Switch View

The mapping will allow you to change your view on the fly for any platform or game's view.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dfsae313231 said:

hey guys, I just found this theme and I am in love with it! I would like to use these icons:

I am able to override Platform clear logos, is there a way to overiide Platform Categories Logos?

There are couple ways to do it but if go the logos per theme route then they go here and need to be titled to match your category to be picked up:

Capture.thumb.PNG.0a47c178802bd443ee00366d3f47429d.PNG

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

Since Jason modified this from Unified, any chance this will be updated to support the "similar games" feature? 

Should already since it was just added as a list item in Game Details. Theme's don't have direct control over which items appear in that list and so should work already.

• 1 month later...

Hi I just purchased big box and installed this theme, but for some reason it just shows a black screen. The wheel works, but as I cycle through systems, it's just a black screen with nothing. The preview that shows with music and everything in the bog box manage themes menu looks awesome, but once installed I'm getting something incomplete. I'm sure it's something I'm doing on my end or I'm missing something...

I just started working with Launchbox a couple of weekends ago, like most people decided to build an arcade setup at home- liked Launchbox so much I purchased the Big Box license. Everything has worked pretty much perfect, but this is the first hiccup I've encountered so far. Any help much appreciated!

I attached a screenshot showing the problem:bigbox.thumb.png.5db85e31673cec7156af8bb1becca3bd.png

Edited by BabyBillyFreeman

15 hours ago, BabyBillyFreeman said:

Hi I just purchased big box and installed this theme, but for some reason it just shows a black screen. The wheel works, but as I cycle through systems, it's just a black screen with nothing. The preview that shows with music and everything in the bog box manage themes menu looks awesome, but once installed I'm getting something incomplete. I'm sure it's something I'm doing on my end or I'm missing something...

I just started working with Launchbox a couple of weekends ago, like most people decided to build an arcade setup at home- liked Launchbox so much I purchased the Big Box license. Everything has worked pretty much perfect, but this is the first hiccup I've encountered so far. Any help much appreciated!

I attached a screenshot showing the problem:bigbox.thumb.png.5db85e31673cec7156af8bb1becca3bd.png

You need to download some platform videos. Fullscreen 16:9 videos go there, in Launchbox go to Tools/Downloads Platform/playlist/platform categories, and grab some in the style you prefer.

Edited by neil9000
  • Like 2

thanks @neil9000!

I acutally discovered this on my own a little later and meant to post a quick update on here sorry!

I think I ended up watching one of ETA Prime's youtube videos (those are so good, I've been learning a lot from them).

I'm not sure if this is the place for feedback, but I thought It might be helpful to share my thoughts from the point of view of someone with fresh eyes getting into both emulators/retro gaming and Launchbox for the first time. Launchbox has been awesome, and incredibly easy to use, so much so I purchased Big Box since it was completely worth it. With so much being so user friendly and automated, I was surprised when platform videos didn't work in BB. It took me some research to find that the user is expected to go and manually tell LB to download and install platform media as an extra step. That I guess was where I got hung up since I got used to the ROM import wizard walking me through getting media for the individual games, I guess I assumed it would do the same for platforms. For example, if I'm importing ROMs for Sega Genesis, LB is smart enough to know I'm importing Genesis games and actually sets up a new platform with a category and everything, and even intelligently downloads the game art- but leaves out any mention or attempt to grab the Genesis platform media- the user needs to know to finish the import wizard, then go to Tools>Download>platform media, etc. and go through another wizard for that step. Looking back now it's not a big deal and once you "know" it's as easy as a few clicks, but for someone totally new- when you open BB and your screen is black and the menu appears "broken" there's a lot of confusion at that moment; not sure if others ended up at that same path, but it happened to me and thought I'd share, maybe someone finds this info helpful.

Otherwise I'm super stoked and am crazy excited to build my own retro gaming setup in our game room- my girlfriend doesn't get what I'm doing, but when I'm done and have light guns working and all that she's gonna lose her shit!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, sbarb18 said:

I am using Unified Redux in BigBox, and I noticed in certain platform menus the console logo will overlap the games list. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Short answer is yes. Haven't looked at the code of this theme, but since it's a custom theme, you would have to open up the respective xaml file (for example, the screenshot you provided would be the TextGamesView.xaml), find the code for the platform logo and move it above the code that deals with the game lists. There's also the possibility it's using the Panel.ZIndex property, and changing the number to something lower than the game list would also do that.

Essentially, since it's a custom theme, you would have to dive into the code to make the changes you want to see.

All view files should be in:

• LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Redux\Views