LaunchBox Community Forums

Calling All Media and Theme Creators!

Jason Carr

• 2 weeks later...

Great job Harry you amaze me every time bravo ^^
On my side here is a little trailer on what should be able to offer in December: a theme "very 80's playlist" A super Nintendo theme a portage of a french version, A pc engine theme with the participation of a photographer and from the founder of the website Pcenginefx.com. A fantasia games theme and another sports.

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

6 minutes ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

Great job Harry you amaze me every time bravo ^^
On my side here is a little trailer on what should be able to offer in December: a theme "very 80's playlist" A super Nintendo theme a portage of a french version, A pc engine theme with the participation of a photographer and from the founder of the website Pcenginefx.com. A fantasia games theme and another sports.

Looks friggin awesome! Loved the music and art selection!

The city with the companies names as bilboards, from where is it?

Cant wait! 

21 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Looks friggin awesome! Loved the music and art selection!

The city with the companies names as bilboards, from where is it?

Cant wait! 

This is from strafefox, the creator of the show splashwave, these are extract from one of these emisssions . If you do not know kondo I highly recommend it, it is certainly the best retro gaming broadcast on the net with a level of production completely crazy.

I worked a lot with him, especially on the Zelda v2 on the genesis theme. I advertise him that I can ;)

( even if he does not really need it)

because frankly he deserves it!

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

18 minutes ago, rexryan said:

looks great but realistically is anyone going to watch a 2min video each time you play a game..Videos are getting longer and longer..We used to have a standard of 30-40 seconds..Only my opinion but hats of on the time spent to make it. 

It's hard to express myself 30 sec even james was a format of a 1minute and when I make video too short, my subscriber claims the opposite ... Difficult to please everyone! but overall the return I have is that there are many people who take their time and find the themes long pleasant to watch on a tv for example or leaves their terminal in attract mode on Saturday night and who finds it's cool.
but it will be necessary simply that I make the fixed theme like everyone, I already made some sketch it makes super. Now the most difficult is to find time to develop all this :)

6 minutes ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

It's hard to express myself 30 sec even james was a format of a 1minute and when I make video too short, my subscriber claims the opposite ... Difficult to please everyone! but overall the return I have is that there are many people who take their time and find the themes long pleasant to watch on a tv for example or leaves their terminal in attract mode on Saturday night and who finds it's cool.
but it will be necessary simply that I make the fixed theme like everyone, I already made some sketch it makes super. Now the most difficult is to find time to develop all this :)

Call it, phrase it however you please , 2 minutes is still way to long. 1 minute is good..

17 minutes ago, rexryan said:

Call it, phrase it however you please , 2 minutes is still way to long. 1 minute is good..

At the base I do rather attract that's why it's called pademonium "cinematics". I try to do things in an original way and I try to bring some variety and freshness;)
  After you know there are already plenty of other authors who are already short format and talented people: retrolust, nyny, harryoke, ctr alt; retrohumanoid, Survihvor, Dave mK and so much more!

In short you have the choice :)

kind regard

1 hour ago, rexryan said:

Videos are getting longer and longer..We used to have a standard of 30-40 seconds..

No such thing as "Standard" when it comes to creativity. Wether you download your free cinematic video from this guy,or your free cinematic video from that guy,is up to you...but,not everyone has the same style.

6 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

No such thing as "Standard" when it comes to creativity. Wether you download your free cinematic video from this guy,or your free cinematic video from that guy,is up to you...but,not everyone has the same style.

What's with throwing out the word free? Are you referring your doing me a favor? Choose words carefully. I was making a comment that these are getting longer and longer..I will wait patiently to see the first 2hr game intro.

we also all have player profiles, habits to consume the game that are different: the gamer who goes to basics or the squeezed dad who plays on his Arcade machine way game aperitif, he does not have too much time to him, he nibbles small parts quickly make 10/20 minutes in the day: must it go fast, he knows immediately what game he has to do, these two clearly yes, do not go crazy to watch a 3 minute theme. By cons other people who have the big box on the TV: the big gamer who likes to spend time in these menus and matter intros because it reminds him of good memories or the indecisive who spends a lot of time in the wheels but it does not play ever since :), those yes we will enjoy watching a theme of 2.3 m.
there is one who also likes to leave the Arcade machine in mode "attract, festival balls and lights" to proudly expose the beast on Saturday evening because the friends came to drink a cup .. In short, as many profiles as how to use a frontend

it takes for all the tastes! :)

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM