LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box seems to want to keep playing the same song

zr0cool

Hello,

I put a bunch of custom music into the Music/Background folder for Big Box to play but it seems to want to keep coming back to the same song.

It will usually play the same song when Big Box is first started and maybe play another song after but will keep cycling back to the same song and then usually looping it.

Any idea how I can get around this or what's causing it? I have over 100 songs in the folder.

Thanks!

Edited by zr0cool
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Same here. Started happening a couple updates ago, tried everything, retitling, re numbering, deleting all artist info, putting them each in individual folders, reinstalled everything. Iunno man just ended up finding a 4 hour long track to do the job till it's fixed I guess

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this problem for a while, and have made several threads about it. No idea why nobody has addressed it yet. Sucks because I am using mine like an Arcade jukebox with over 1000 songs and no matter what after playing a game it loops back, negating 90% of the music :(

• 5 months later...

Bump

Any resolution or upcoming updates to resolve this given it seems like a pretty widespread issue? 

I recently setup BigBox  9.10 and get this too. Whether shuffle is enabled or not it plays first song and repeats second song indefinitely. Sometimes if I do not scroll through categories/platforms/playlists at all will seem to randomly not repeat but seems to start repeating once I start browsing through BigBox. 

Edit: What appears to allow next mp3 file to play is to listen to an entire mp3 file within a single category/platform/playlist without touching BigBox. If you browse around then current mp3 file repeats. I have tried switching on and off specific background music option for Categories/Platforms/Playlists and this does not help. All my music is placed in the root directory of the background music folder. 

Edited by setjo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Could one of you take a look in your Launchbox directory and tell me if you have any directories called "Playlists" or "Platforms" in //Launchbox/Music/Background/ and if so how many files are in those directories? (if a folder is under this directory pick the one that corresponds to the platform you seem to have the most problems with, otherwise just pick one.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 10:05 AM, C-Beats said:

Could one of you take a look in your Launchbox directory and tell me if you have any directories called "Playlists" or "Platforms" in //Launchbox/Music/Background/ and if so how many files are in those directories? (if a folder is under this directory pick the one that corresponds to the platform you seem to have the most problems with, otherwise just pick one.)

Still haven't gotten an answer to this.

Also could some one having this issue tell me if you still see it in 10.9? I was able to replicate before but can't now, wanted to see if has been corrected for anyone else or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for looking into this C-beats! This seems to still be happening on my end in 10.10. I do have both a "Playlists" and "Platforms" folder in  //Launchbox/Music/Background/.  Only a couple of the "Platforms" folders have any tracks in them (Wii), which has 4 tracks, and nothing in "playlists". I currently have it set to not play any platform/playlist specific background music though, and just use the overall BG music for everything. So Bigbox starts, a random song plays, and then it starts back at the alphabetically first song again after.

The issue is still present for me in both 10.9 and 10.10. Happy to answer any other questions if it would help!

Okay so update to let you know that I think you're on the right track. Since you mentioned those folders, I tried removing the "playlist", "platform", and "platform categories" folders from the background music folder entirely. The result is that now when Big Box loads, after the initial random song plays, it shuffles to another random song. BUT... after that it continues alphabetically after the 2nd random song. Example song order: "Mega Man 2 Theme">"Click Clock Wood">"Clock Town Theme">"Cloud Cuckoo Land">etc.

Once I enter games lists from the platform list, Launchbox makes the "platform" folder again in the background music, and it shuffles back to the first song alphabetically (as in something starting with A).

Hope this helps to unravel the mystery a bit more.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...