LaunchBox Community Forums

Add Yuzu game to LaunchBox

steve1977

2 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Thanks. But how to add the actual game? I don't see one launch file for Yuzu emulated games. I installed within the Yuzu app using the NSP file. But the installed directory within Yuzu then does not include one executable of any form.

Not sure about that, my Switch roms are .xci format and i just added them as roms like any other system.

image.thumb.png.18a4ce07ba959a4cb25b6643d9666c98.png

Just now, steve1977 said:

Mmh... XCI roms don't need to be "installed" within Yuzu? How do you update XCI roms?

Correct they do not need to be installed, just point yuzu to the folder, or add them to Launchbox like any other rom based system. I have no idea how you would update them, i havent needed to so far.

1 minute ago, steve1977 said:

Ok, seems XCI is then the better way to go... No parameters to be set for fullscreen or any other parameters?

Nope i just set fullscreen in yuzu itself then exited with alt f4, as escape takes it out of fullscreen for me, yuzu now remembers to open fullscreen.

• 4 months later...

I don't get it. There is always an error message "Rom format not supprted" when I am using all the usual stuff (like in the screenshot above). Everything is running fine when using the yuzu frontend but not when launching via LB. Any ideas?

Edited by hpr

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, hpr said:

I don't get it. There is always an error message "Rom format not supprted" when I am using all the usual stuff (like in the screenshot above). Everything is running fine when using the yuzu frontend but not when launching via LB. Any ideas?

Ever happen to figure this out?  running into that EXACT issue ?

On 1/19/2019 at 10:26 AM, steve1977 said:

Ok, seems XCI is then the better way to go... No parameters to be set for fullscreen or any other parameters?

NSP it's the better format since it's smaller than xci. You can run nsp files directly without having to install them first.

If you're already using a frontend like LaunchBox I don't see the point of installing NSPs into Yuzu.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:13 PM, klepp0906 said:

Ever happen to figure this out?  running into that EXACT issue ?

Strangely enough with one of the updated LB OR YUZU it started to work  !  It now runs fine.  I use xci because there are tools out there to make them a) nearly as big as the nsp  b) include the updates to the xci, so you only have one file (and not one file plus update)...

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, cleverest said:

Does anyone know how to force Yuzu to use openGL (vs Vulkan) when running a specific game only?

I have one game that crashes with Vulkan but works fine with OpenGL....something through the command line option maybe?

Create 2 x Yuzu setups.

Set one to Vulkan and one to OpenGL.

Make sure they are both portable setups.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Just getting to this emulator. I have it running. NPS file. Works in Yuzu. My problem is I can't find the Yuzu executable haha. I'm all up in the app data folders... it installed as a .lnk file in windows startup by that doesn't seem to be working when set as the emulator in launchbox. Anyone know where the actual exe is?

I found it. It was in Local not Roaming.

Edited by fromlostdays

5 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

Just getting to this emulator. I have it running. NPS file. Works in Yuzu. My problem is I can't find the Yuzu executable haha. I'm all up in the app data folders... it installed as a .lnk file in windows startup by that doesn't seem to be working when set as the emulator in launchbox. Anyone know where the actual exe is?

I found it. It was in Local not Roaming.

Also you could of downloaded the portable zipped version instead of the installer version. Also im pretty sure if you create a "User" folder in that it keeps all the needed files portable rather than the appdata folder like yours currently does.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i also started using  yuzu recently and adding it to my launchbox collection, but when i use launchbox the games crash after starting the game within 2 min. of the game.  kirby and smash bros.  any one have any recommendations on settings for these games to run ?

On 1/19/2019 at 7:51 AM, neil9000 said:

The same way you add any system.

image.thumb.png.687f8ad85ccb0412ef93d4da422e04cc.pngI had to download the zip version of yuzu rather than the installer version though.

Hi Neil, how do you run the portable version?  I downloded but where do i put the custom folders that have the keys, these folders

image.thumb.png.5931a8541d68fa917813551586f6d487.png

13 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

Hi Neil, how do you run the portable version?  I downloded but where do i put the custom folders that have the keys, these folders

image.thumb.png.5931a8541d68fa917813551586f6d487.png

Just create a "user" folder in the yuzu folder and copy those contents of the appdata folder there.