LaunchBox Community Forums

9.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

7 minutes ago, Drodrick said:

Somebody can explain me please

When you add your emulators to Launchbox, if you name the emulator something other than what it is normally called Launchbox will still recognize it to populate any AHK scripts Jason may have put in by default for the new Pause screen stuff. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 6:29 PM, Juzzotec said:

@wallmachine What’s the script inside game loader all rh.bat? I wanna try it.

Also where do you place the bat file? Okay so you manually set it up with all the other emulators in its own directory. Just wanted to know whats inside that bat file, how does it know what to do with the empty text file?

@wallmachine Can you share the script you used in your bat file? Wouldn’t mind trying it your way and seeing if there’s any difference.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:22 PM, Jason Carr said:

Disc swapping is available on the pause screen, but it is still dependent on the emulator supporting it, and being configured properly for it. I haven't added explicit support for unzipping multi-disc games, so I don't expect that would work. I'll probably put a better solution for all of that on the next community poll.

Thank you for replay. Now i know that it's in the pipeline

Just now, neil9000 said:

Yes there is, it is setup by default as well.

Not work for me :(I tried both with the keyboard and with the controller. I only use retroarch for all emulators. I don't know what's wrong with the procedure but it doesn't work: /

Just now, neil9000 said:

I can assure you it most certainly does work with retroarch. Are you using a controller encoder? If so you need to set a combo for pause in controller automation.

Yes, try that, and try setting the pause key in LaunchBox to a key that is not bound in Retroarch.

Just now, neil9000 said:

I can assure you it most certainly does work with retroarch. Are you using a controller encoder? If so you need to set a combo for pause in controller automation.

Not work with controller , 
not work with keyboard
Not work with Arcade Stick (+Encoder) 

You use Retroarch 1.7.7 or old version ?

1 minute ago, dov_EL said:

Not work with controller , 
not work with keyboard
Not work with Arcade Stick (+Encoder) 

You use Retroarch 1.7.7 or old version ?

We've had lots of beta testers testing it with many versions of Retroarch, including 1.7.7. Whatever is going on must be some kind of weird system-specific issue. Somehow the pause function isn't even being triggered. Have you tried other emulators? I would look for anything custom you have in your setup that isn't typical to try and narrow it down.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

We've had lots of beta testers testing it with many versions of Retroarch, including 1.7.7. Whatever is going on must be some kind of weird system-specific issue. Somehow the pause function isn't even being triggered. Have you tried other emulators? I would look for anything custom you have in your setup that isn't typical to try and narrow it down.

I only use retroarch, I haven't tried other emulators.
I've tested it on my Bartop with Encoder and Arcade Stick and it doesn't work.
I tried it on my primary PC and it doesn't work (Xbox Gamepad and keyboard)
I tried on my secondary PC with another gamepad and keyboard and it doesn't work.
I don't think it's a Windows MayUpdate problem since on Bartop I have the previous version of 1803 of Windows.

27 minutes ago, dov_EL said:

I only use retroarch, I haven't tried other emulators.
I've tested it on my Bartop with Encoder and Arcade Stick and it doesn't work.
I tried it on my primary PC and it doesn't work (Xbox Gamepad and keyboard)
I tried on my secondary PC with another gamepad and keyboard and it doesn't work.
I don't think it's a Windows MayUpdate problem since on Bartop I have the previous version of 1803 of Windows.

Did you set the pause option for controller automation? There are LB and BB settings. Both your videos show an Xbox One controller recognized.

It definitely works. It has been beta tested quite a bit. I have it running on 3 setups just fine.