LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi and launchbox

UFBoricua84

I’m slowly getting my emulators up and running with launchbox except for sega Naomi. I followed the instructions on the latest you tube video but reicast is no longer available, only flycast (when using retroarch). I placed the bin and lst files anyways but when I ran launchbox it only found one game and it would work... is there any other way to get sega Naomi to work?

• 1 month later...

Hello, i got the same problem. I tried to follow the great ETA Prime tuto video (amazing tuto as usual, congrats guys), but as Reicast is no longer available, I cannot manage how to do it using Flycast (which Roms, which BIOS,....) ... it doesn t work :(

I hope Launchbox Team will do a new tutorial for newbies like me.

39 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

Try using MAME roms/bios and running them with flycast core

Hi, thank you for the prompt reply ! I will test but what do you mean exactly by MAME roms/bios ? I just get a "classic/normal" Naomi Bios and Naomi ROms. Which type of files should I get ? 

+ do you know the name/type of files I need for the Bios ? (it was well explained in ETA Prime Tutorial, but it doesn't work with Flycast ...)

Hello Cataclysm67, thank you so much for your help. I finally succeed in running some Naomi titles (Crazy Taxi , Power Stone 2, DOA2, Virtua Tennis, Virtua Striker...) but some did not work (Snk vs Capcom , House of the Dead 2 etc...) but it is really a good progress for me !

Thx. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 8:54 PM, UFBoricua84 said:

I’m slowly getting my emulators up and running with launchbox except for sega Naomi. I followed the instructions on the latest you tube video but reicast is no longer available, only flycast (when using retroarch). I placed the bin and lst files anyways but when I ran launchbox it only found one game and it would work... is there any other way to get sega Naomi to work?

So Im having the same problem using flycast. I thought it might be the bios I found because I could not find the exact one used in the youtube video however I was able to find a naomi bios pack and tried all of them and nothing would work for me. I've double checked everything else to make sure I didn't mess up and all looks well. I have all the games (.bin / .lst) loaded with art work in launchbox but can't get them to play to save my life. But I wont stop trying there are some amazing games in that library I would love to try. Any Advice? 

37 minutes ago, kilomari said:

I have all the games (.bin / .lst) loaded with art work in launchbox but can't get them to play to save my life. But I wont stop trying there are some amazing games in that library I would love to try. Any Advice? 

Have you loaded the cord and gone into Core Information and checked the MD5 checksums against what the flycast core docs require?

Also, although bin/list format still loads, CHDs are the recommended format now. Could be the versions you have don’t work with current version of core.

Edit: The docs only give the MD5 for the Dreamcast roms. Just need to make sure the Naomi.zip bios rom are from a recent MAME release. It does list a specific file and MD5 for one of the files in that zip.

naomi.zip must include the epr-21576g.ic27 file (md5sum:3bffafac42a7767d8dcecf771f5552ba

Edited by Headrush69

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am launching these roms with the latest version of Demul (2018) which you can find here:

http://www.emu-france.com/emulateurs/5-consoles-de-salon/30-sega-dreamcast/7038-demul-wip/

les Bios

REMOVED LINK TO BIOS

Dreamcast tutorial: To configure sega Naomi, follow the same principle

I hope this helped you.

Edited by triki1
Removed link to bios file - DO NOT post Roms/Bios links

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/27/2020 at 7:38 PM, Dhenny42 said:

Hello is there command parameters for demul to launching the games in full screen without doing thru the emulator directly?

I tried -fullscreen as a command, but that doesn't work. What actually works is finding the emu.cfg and opening it with Notepad, and then scrolling to the bottom where in the [window] section you'll see "fullscreen = no", but change it to a "fullscreen = yes"